curation picAt Pandora, our central mission is connecting artists with listeners who will love their music. Our goal is to enable every talented artist to reach the audience they deserve, without regard to the style of their music or their popularity.

When it comes to access and promotion, enormous hurdles have always confronted musicians and comedians, especially independent or self-releasing artists, in getting an equal opportunity to be heard. This is why I’m thrilled to introduce our new open music submission process.

The new open submission process is designed to make it as easy as possible for talented artists to reach the over 70 million potential fans that listen to Pandora every month.  It couldn’t be more simple – a digital, three-step process where artists can submit tracks for consideration. No pre-requisites. No CD required. Just fill in your contact info with links to preview tracks… no hurdles and a level playing field.

You can check out the new submission process at submit.pandora.com.

The recording industry needs indie and self-releasing artists to thrive. Internet radio offers an unprecedented opportunity to make that a reality. Last year, over 10,000 artists each reached more than 350,000 unique listeners on Pandora (up from 250,000 the year before). Our music curation team approved more than 3,700 independent album submissions. Most of this great music would never see the light of day on terrestrial radio.

Our mission is to create the largest and most relevant audience for all great music. And it’s great for our listeners too, as they can expect to discover even more music they’ve never heard before.

So don’t wait.  Now’s the time… Point us to your music!

Comments

1. Terrence Cowherd Jr.
    October 15, 2015 at 7:46pm
    Everytime I Try To Submit Music From My Tunecore (iTunes) Download Link Your Website States It Only "Accepts US iTunes Account Links." Where Do We Find This Link At, The Link I Submitted Was: http://itunes.apple.com/album/id985318716?ls=1&app=itunes
    1. PandoraSupport
      October 21, 2015 at 3:40pm
      Hi Terrence - please email us so we can further assist you: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  2. James Kaiser
    December 24, 2015 at 1:30pm
    I Submitted My Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLcGM9oXLLQ And It Just Got Approved I'm Just Waiting For It To Go Live. Pandora Is Friendly To Independent Artist But Just Like A Record Label If You Don't Have A Certain Amount Of Views Or Fan Base Then No One Is Going To Even Consider To Waste Time Dealing With Your Music. It Cost Money To Make Money That's A Big Phrase In The Music Industry. Put Money Behind Your Music To Show Labels An Opportunity's Like This That You Care About Your Career An Get Your Fan Base Up Before Even Submitting Your Music To A Label Or A Great Opportunity Like This.
  3. Conz
    February 04, 2016 at 9:07am
    It's been 3 months since my music has been approved for pandora. How long does it take for it to go live?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2016 at 3:33pm
      Email our Artist Support team for an update: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
    2. Erek
      March 04, 2016 at 1:58pm
      Did you ever get your question answered? I'm curious about this too. Thanks.
  4. Baby Boy J
    August 18, 2016 at 9:20am
    Im glad there is Pandora I can't even listen to traditional terrestrial radio nowadays, it's just not what it use to be in terms of talent, I submitted my song My Angel Queen, hope all goes well thanks for the opportunity, if anyone wants to check my music out here is the link www.reverbnation.com/babyboyj

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )