Whether your style is a one session binge-listen or you like to take your time, below is a handy guide for how to tune in to Serial on Pandora.

Step One: Add the Serial Station at www.pandora.com/serial

Step One_Add station

Step Two: Select which episode you would like to listen to via the episode list. If you’re new to Serial, be sure to start with Episode 1 and go in order.

Step Two_Episode list

Step Three: Listen up (seriously, you want to pay attention to all the details).

Step Three_Listen Up

Step Four: Miss something or need to take a break? No worries, you can choose to either go back and re-listen to a section or tune back in where you left off.

Step four_Chapters

Step Five: Tell all of your friends how great Serial is – get them to listen too so you can talk about it. Make sure you enjoy Serial via your phone, tablet, or on the web so you can easily use the navigational tools laid out here.

Step five_Share Serial

Step Six: You can now tune in to new episodes of Season Two on Thursdays and all episodes of Season One at www.pandora.com/serial.

Comments

1. yradzin
    November 24, 2015 at 11:06am
    Great instructions! For step #4, it's worth noting (I think) that while one can navigate back to a previous part/section of an episode, this will place you at the beginning of that (~ 4-5 min) part. Are there any plans to have an option or new functionality to be able to navigate within a part in case you need re-listen to only the last 30 seconds or some other sub-section of the part? For example, let's say I'm listening to Episode 1: Part 2 in the park, and an increase in street noise disrupts my listening at 3:30 (3mins 40 seconds), and it takes me 5-10s to get my smartphone out of my bag and pause. At that point, if I want to re-listen to the small portion that I didn't hear clearly, I would need to re-listen the previous 3+ minutes.
    1. Carol Babb
      June 19, 2016 at 9:58am
      I too would be interested in knowing how to just back up a little
  2. Noel
    November 25, 2015 at 7:51am
    The Ads are WAY too loud!!!!! I listen with headphones at work and I have had to snatch the headphones off multiple times because the ads are going to blow my eardrum!!!! PLEASE TURN DOWN THE VOLUME ON THE ADS!!!!!! It defeats the purpose of having ads if they are so loud I literally can't listen to them, so your advertisers don't want you to blast the listeners, I promise!
  3. Carol Korman
    November 27, 2015 at 4:03pm
    My serial returns to episode 1, part 1 every time I stop listening. I cannot open another episode or part and I cannot go back to re listen.
    1. Dani
      December 03, 2015 at 1:25pm
      Go to the last part in 1 and click next. Then keep doing it intill you get to where you were.
    2. star
      April 27, 2016 at 12:00pm
      I have the same thing happening to me , gets quite annoying !!
  4. Josh
    December 17, 2015 at 5:56am
    When I open Pandora on an older iPad, there is no "episodes" button to push like there is on the iPhone. The latest episode starts playing, and there is a big blank space in the box below where I assume episode buttons should be, so there is zero functionality. Does this "episodes" function not exist for older iPads?
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 19, 2015 at 1:25pm
      Email us here for help: pdora.co/writeus
    2. steph
      January 06, 2016 at 4:54am
      I have the same problem. Hope they can fix this
    3. lehuanani
      February 27, 2016 at 9:37am
      hi, has there been an fix for really old ipads? i think mine is generation 1 which can no longer upgrade apps due an outdated OS.
  5. James Stockburger
    January 07, 2016 at 5:49pm
    What about people using apps, there is no way to put in a URL in an app.
  6. John
    January 28, 2016 at 4:47pm
    I have a blackberry bold and have absolutly none of these options.
  7. Trying to catch up on new season and I can only navigate to offer episodes
    January 29, 2016 at 4:32pm
    I feel behind this year on the episodes and I am trying to catch up but when I click to a certain episode the app does nothing but move on to the next section in that episode. I just finished episode 2 of season 2 and can't get back to episode 3,4, or 5. please help i would like to listen and catch up.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 31, 2016 at 3:13pm
      Hi Frederick - sorry for any trouble or confusion with navigating Serial. Please email us and we'd be happy to help: http://pdora.co/writeus.
  8. sbanister2
    February 05, 2016 at 2:13pm
    Also having issues with navigating episodes. When trying to select past episodes it's skips forward to season 2
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2016 at 3:34pm
      Sorry to hear this. If you haven't already, please email our support team so they can help: pdora.co/writeus -Katie

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )