I am incredibly excited to announce that as of today Pandora is available for download on Xbox One devices! The timing of this launch couldn’t be better as Xbox One users can now tune into their favorite Pandora stations when celebrating with family and friends this holiday season.

Pandora for Xbox One is a best-in-class application native to Xbox One and loaded with really exciting and innovative new features. We customized our HTML5-based Pandora for TV interface specifically for the Xbox One, and also stayed true to Pandora’s mission of being the effortless source of music for Pandora listeners. Pandora on Xbox One takes advantage of all the functionality the platform has to offer and our team built the application to look amazing on the biggest screen in your home.

recent-stations

Our Xbox One listeners will have more ways to get to their favorite music as quickly as possible as Pandora for Xbox One provide users with two new views, one of which displays recently listened to stations and the other which displays cumulative time spent on specific stations. Pandora for Xbox One also includes a persistent mini-player, which provides quick access to playback controls while browsing within the application. Listeners can also interact with Pandora using Kinect Gestures and Voice Commands, and lastly, Xbox One listeners will be able to Snap Pandora to the screen in order to simultaneously listen to Pandora and play a favorite game.

Gaming consoles, especially the Xbox One, are immensely important devices for Pandora; they are the “most interacted with” device in the home after TVs and there are tens of millions of gamers in the U.S. More importantly, we know that gaming and Pandora listening are a natural fit. 76% of our male listeners ages 13-34, who identify themselves as console gamers report that Pandora often serves as their background music while gaming. We are thrilled to offer them a seamless way to listen to their favorite stations while gaming or at home.

We love Pandora on Xbox One and we think our listeners will too!

By Ian Geller, VP of Business Development

Comments

1. wizll (@wizll)
    December 18, 2014 at 6:30pm
    best thing here is that it continues to play in the background. even xbox music doesn't do this. good job!
    1. wizll (@wizll)
      December 18, 2014 at 6:39pm
      nm, glazed over the part where it says it needed to be snapped. boo
    2. Miguel
      March 19, 2015 at 7:19pm
      How do I delete a station?
      1. PandoraSupport
        March 20, 2015 at 4:17pm
        Hey Miguel! Shoot an email to our support team for help with deleting stations. Let them know what phone/web browser you mainly listen to Pandora on: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  2. Rodney Jones
    December 21, 2014 at 8:25pm
    Can I play on Xbox
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 22, 2014 at 9:39am
      Hey Rodney - You can! Please email us and we can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  3. Justin
    December 26, 2014 at 10:32pm
    How do I sign out on the xbox one from just my account and leave it for the owner of system to log back in
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 27, 2014 at 4:31pm
      Hi Justin, shoot an email to our Support Team and they'll help you with your Xbox question: http://pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  4. William Alman PHD
    January 03, 2015 at 2:50pm
    Why does it keep going to a black screen and stops playing after it has played a song or two?
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 03, 2015 at 5:26pm
      Hi William, Sorry for the trouble. We are looking into this issue as we speak. Would you mind emailing us with more info so we can pass it on to our Engineers? http://pdora.co/writeus -Katie
      1. Sam
        January 05, 2015 at 9:04am
        Hi, I too am experiencing the screen going black after a song or two. Also would be nice to see some type of scrolling screen protection. Thanks
      2. Josh
        January 09, 2016 at 1:50pm
        I'm experiencing the same thing. Just started yesterday, didn't have any issues before. Plays a few songs than it goes to a black screen and never does anything, I've left it for over a half hour just to see if anything would happen and nothing ever did.
      3. Sarah
        January 15, 2016 at 9:30am
        I'm having the same issue with my screen going black and the music stopping- any updates on that?....this is for my xbox one.
  5. eric
    January 05, 2015 at 12:06pm
    Good work Ian and pandora team!
  6. Kyle
    January 05, 2015 at 1:42pm
    How do I play my game while it's actually playing? I pinned it and set it up on snap but how do I collapse the screen while still playing like madden??
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 06, 2015 at 8:40am
      Hi Kyle - Shoot our support team an email and they can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  7. tbone5587
    January 05, 2015 at 5:56pm
    I too have been consistently getting the black screen after about 3 or 4 songs. I sure hope there's a fix in the works for this.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 06, 2015 at 8:41am
      Hey there! If you wouldn't mind, could you shoot our support team an email with more information about what you're experiencing when you try to listen? We'd love to collect more feedback on what's going on: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  8. Chris
    January 08, 2015 at 2:09pm
    Hi, I just purchased an Xbox One a couple of weeks ago and am having a similar issue with playback intermittently stopping after each song, or after a couple of songs. My screen doesn't go black however, it just hangs at the end of a song and won't play the next song unless I manually change it. If I power down and unplug the xbox for 30 seconds and reboot Pandora it works normally again for a few hours to day.The app worked great the first week, but now has become almost unusable. Very frustrating please advise! Thanks in advance. -Chris
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 11, 2015 at 9:29am
      Hi Chris! Sorry for any problems with loading the app up on your Xbox. Could you email us so we can collect more information from you and take a closer look? http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
      1. Jason Keller
        February 10, 2015 at 8:21am
        Kim, it looks like everyone is having the same problems (I am as well). Can you please post an update regarding this clearly known issue? And no, I am not going to write you with more info - you have enough to know there is a problem. Thanks
  9. tony o.
    January 09, 2015 at 6:41am
    im a led haed from 69 and this dude just has the perfect selections from zeppelin to Dylan to doors. man he is one great musicman. I play harmonica so if u got train/ train by blackfoot id like to jam all by myself and Bubby, my yorkie she rocks with me. happy happy. Pandora rocks. tony o. harp man.
  10. Cally
    January 13, 2015 at 7:05am
    Purchased xbox one yesterday,can't find the panora app anywhere,I've manually searched through apps and used bing....help!
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 13, 2015 at 4:05pm
      Hi Cally! Email our support team and they can help: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim

Reply to William Alman PHD Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )