Music is at the heart of everything we do here at Pandora – and we know it’s equally as important to each of you. In honor of this year’s GRAMMY Awards, we thought it would be fun to look at your listening patterns and try to predict who will win big at this year’s awards.

Historically, you are pretty good at predicting who will win, simply based on how you listen to music throughout the year. To come up with this year’s listener predictions, we looked back at the past few years of nominees and winners, how you engaged with those songs, and applied that to this year’s class.

864_GrammyPredictionsVisual_FINAL_Blog FINAL

Looking back on the year, the first time Sam Smith (your pick for Album of Year) settled in at number one was the week of July 24 with “Stay with Me” – a place he held until October 22, when he was dethroned by Meghan Trainor and “All About That Bass”. Sia also had a great run and Iggy Azalea took to the stage for our Pandora Presents event in Santa Monica in August. Hmmm, are we sensing a pattern?

What do you think of how the predictions played out?

By Tommy Page, Head of Industry Relations

Comments

1. Sokphon Danh
    January 16, 2015 at 7:48am
    For my honesty I don't really care who the next GRAMMY AWARD. For myself I just like listening to music it keep me relax and feeling good. Love pandora
  2. Tech Engage
    January 17, 2015 at 11:07am
    I would like Shake it off by Taylor Swift to win this year's Grammy for Record of the year as I love to listen to that song everyday <3
  3. elaine greenstein
    January 24, 2015 at 10:35am
    sam smith is great trainer wonderful iggy terrific like fka twigs super
  4. Jason
    February 04, 2015 at 11:38am
    My predictions -> http://www.thatsjustmythoughts.com/2015/02/57th-grammy-awards-predictions.html
  5. Steven Spielberger.. .
    January 22, 2016 at 2:33pm
    I'm a baby boomer and want vleo Laine to be there!.. Baby June hanson Boca Raton, Florida, USA
  6. Adele
    January 22, 2016 at 2:45pm
    Why isn't Adele up There? She is the best singer of all time!!!!!!!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )