Hopefully you are enjoying the new look for Pandora that we have been rolling out to our iPhone and Android listeners over the past few weeks. The principles of simplicity and clarity serve as the heart of this evolved design that will help you to more easily personalize, discover, and explore your favorite music on Pandora.

Take a look below at how the new features in this update will make your Pandora experience even better:

01_nowplaying

• Tap the new Personalization Icon to easily access your Thumb History or Add Variety.

• Accidentally thumbed a song? Now you can Un-Thumb by simply tapping the thumb again.

03_stationdetails

• What was that song? Browse your Session History to give that awesome track a thumbs-up.

• Add Variety or rename your station to make it uniquely yours.

04_thumbhistory

• Want to see the Thumb History for all of your favorite stations? Just tap the Thumb Count Icon.

We’re excited about this latest refresh to the Pandora experience, and look forward to the continual innovation that will unleash the power of music for our listeners. We hope these latest updates help you further personalize your stations and discover more music and artists you love. Happy listening!

To learn more about the update, visit http://www.pandora.com/newpandora.

As always, we’d love to hear what you think. To give us feedback, get help, or find answers, visit http://help.pandora.com.

Comments

1. Ruben Jefferson
    January 30, 2015 at 3:52pm
    Keep up the good work and two more thumbs up
  2. Gadson Roddenberry
    January 30, 2015 at 7:57pm
    Would love to here more free videos from the Gaithers, like the homecoming, , from Jerusalem, Statler brothers, the Bellamy Brothers, Gather Vocal Band, as well as the best of Guy Penriod And all the great southern gospel music. Also some other great ones like Larry's country dinner. My Mother just turned 77 IN October. She's a really Christian women. And it does her soul good to hear all the old gospel from the past. She's been taking care of my sister Sarah Ann for 54 years and hasn't had to many chances to get out and go to any live performance so its a blessing to her just to sit at the house and enjoy this great gospel music at home. Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart. Gadson Roddenberry
    1. Gadson Roddenberry
      January 30, 2015 at 8:14pm
      See the reason we can't get out much is. My sister Sarah Ann who has cerebral paisley. Her whole life. She's unable to walk or talk. About seven years ago she had to get a feeding tube in her stomach. Because when all thoseyears her by mouth. She was aspiration. She almost died. But there was a doctor in Jacksonv Fla.Hes the one who showed mother in a exray.he had some liquid in a syringe. And you could see the fluid going into her lungs. That's when they put the G tube in her stomach. Get back to the subject just about anything by Bill and Gloria Gaither , the Happy Gpodmans
  3. Brian D. Hawkins
    January 31, 2015 at 9:11am
    It looks cool but did you take the Chromecast button away? I can't find it to stream to our TV.
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 01, 2015 at 9:54am
      Hi Brian! Sorry for any issues with Chromecast - you should still have the ability to cast Pandora. Could you shoot us an email so we can take a look? http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
      1. Brian D. Hawkins
        March 15, 2015 at 8:07am
        The Chromecast button is back for me by the way. Sorry Kim, I missed your reply. All is good in PandoraLand and I'm casting right now. ;)
  4. Michael Jr
    February 03, 2015 at 4:22pm
    Cool. Not gonna lie I opened Pandora without knowing there was an update, then closed it because I thought I opened the wrong app. Now can the desktop app get a face lift? And could we see a bump in quality to 320 kbps or one can dream of a lossless stream?
  5. Kevin Owens
    February 15, 2015 at 7:13pm
    Maybe it was part of this redesign- what happened to the song lyrics?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 16, 2015 at 11:16am
      Hi Kevin - The lyrics were unavailable prior to the new design. We're still exploring if and how they will be reintroduced in Pandora. If you have any other questions, please let us know: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  6. Randy
    March 09, 2015 at 2:01pm
    The UI update looks cool, but I haven't seen it yet. Is there a way when selecting an artist to play only music by that artist?
    1. Randy
      March 09, 2015 at 2:28pm
      or an entire album? Some music is meant to be played back-to-back.
    2. PandoraSupport
      March 13, 2015 at 3:56pm
      Hi Randy, please try updating your Pandora app in the app store so you can access the new UI. To answer your question, there isn't a way to only listen to one artist on Pandora as we are not an on-demand service. You can read more about how Pandora works here: http://pdora.co/1CecpGr -Katie
  7. Holly
    March 24, 2015 at 4:04am
    I've searched and searched and I can't find the add variety anywhere. I'm using the android app and I've gone exactly where you say it should be and I don't see it. What am I missing?
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 24, 2015 at 8:06am
      Hey Holly - Sorry for any trouble with adding variety! Just in case there isn't an issue with your app, could you shoot our support team an email? http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
      1. Tasha
        November 04, 2015 at 10:18am
        I too am missing the "add variety" option. I have clicked the three dots next to the station on the station list page. I only have three options (share, station details & delete) in station details, there is no "add variety" either. I accessed the add variety page through a pop up yesterday, so i now i have it, but i cant access it now.. Help!!
      2. PandoraSupport
        November 05, 2015 at 8:00am
        Hi Tasha - please email us and we can help you find add variety: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  8. val morgan
    April 15, 2015 at 8:45am
    what happened to the capital P icon for the app? I had rebooted my phone the other day and now it isn't the capital P on the white background anymore, it's the little green android guy? What is that about? I like the P, it was easy to see from a distance and recognizable as the Pandora symbol or app
    1. PandoraSupport
      April 16, 2015 at 11:50am
      Hi Val! To fix that, you just need to delete the app from your home screen and replace it from the app drawer. If you have trouble, let us know: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  9. Kaye
    April 17, 2015 at 9:55am
    I'm from the island of Antigua and love listening to my native music which is Soca and Calypso. I have a Machal Montano and Xtatic station. Why is it that I get soooooooo much reggae? I get more reggae than what I'm asking for. Reggae is the music of Jamaica not Antigua or Trinidad. I would love to have this addressed, also wish there was a Trinidad Carnival station that played more of the carnival music and not the reggae. As an american I'm sure you will never know nor understand the difference, but for us it's huge.
  10. Mike Pepper
    August 20, 2015 at 1:23pm
    You (that is, "we, the users") need a "car mode". I understand that you want to pack a lot of information onto the screen, and to make it interesting and flexible for users, but your focus is pretty clearly toward users who are able to give the app their, more or less, undivided attention. This is not good for drivers. When I want to change Pandora Stations in the car I need BIG buttons with BIG and CLEAR high contrast text. It would also be swell if the app would pay attention to me at startup so that, for example, if I don't want the current station to start playing at all, then I can actually stop it. As it is, there is a huge gap between (1) launching the app, and then (2) it gathering its wits and downloading something from the current station (whether I want it or not) and then (3) actually starting to play some music, and then (4) finally becoming responsive to inputs from me, the [paying] user. In the case of another streaming app; it starts to play almost instantly from it's cache, and in the short gap from launch to fast start, I can hit the pause button. This is very handy in the case that the current station is NSFW or, say, I have a headache. Bigger buttons; faster response for the user. Thanks!
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 21, 2015 at 4:09pm
      Thanks for the feedback, Mike! Our listener advocates would love to hear more of your thoughts on this so we can pass it on to our product team. Email them here: pdora.co/writeus -Katie

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )