As Pandora works to fulfill its mission to completely reinvent radio, we are always working on new ways to seamlessly deliver the best personalized radio experience in every possible listening environment.

Today, we’re excited to share that Pandora is now available on Chromecast, Google’s new TV-connected device that wirelessly delivers online audio and video entertainment to the biggest screen in the home.

pandora_chromecast_nowplaying_tvOwners of Chromecast can now wirelessly stream or Cast Pandora directly to the TV, using their smartphone or tablet as the remote control. Core Pandora functionality, such as Play, Pause, Thumb and Skip are all easily controlled via your mobile device for a seamless listening experience. The Pandora experience is delivered directly from the cloud to your TV, so once you send your favorite station to your TV, your mobile device is no longer required to keep the music going.

This launch is particularly exciting for us because it is a testament to the investment we made earlier this year in our tv.pandora.com platform. We believe the model of web standards-based apps running on the TV, controlled by a smartphone or tablet, is the winning formula for powering second screen experiences. The framework we built with tv.pandora.com allows us to quickly evolve the “10 foot” experience of Pandora with greater flexibility and speed than ever before.

Owners of the Chromecast device can start casting Pandora today by downloading version 5.0 of our Android or iOS mobile app via Google Play and the App Store. Just use the Cast button in the standard Pandora app to trigger one-touch streaming of your favorite personalized radio stations to your TV via Chromecast. Chromecast support is currently available for all Android smartphones and tablets in addition to iPhones, with support for iPads coming soon.

We hope you enjoy Pandora on Chromecast as much as we’ve enjoyed building it and as always, please let us know what you think.

Happy listening!

Comments

1. Steve Kesler ☮ (@dSTeVek)
    December 07, 2013 at 7:45am
    The recently released Win 8 Pandora App does not seem to support the Chromecast. Are their plans within Pandora, to resolve this?
  2. chris stubbs
    December 10, 2013 at 2:31pm
    I have what seems to be the current version of Pandora on my Android. It is not prompting me for an update, but I see no Chromecast button anywhere on the screen. Am I missing something about how or where to get this functionality?
    1. Benjamin
      February 08, 2014 at 7:27pm
      You must connect to your home network via wifi
  3. Margaret lyons
    December 11, 2013 at 12:21pm
    Only works in the US! What use is that???
  4. Randy
    January 07, 2014 at 3:23pm
    Any chance there's a cast button coming for the pandora desktop app?
    1. David
      January 17, 2014 at 12:53pm
      Please. Why doesn't the website have an option to cast? I don't see any reason not to do this.
  5. Greg Bradshaw
    January 07, 2014 at 8:08pm
    I can't cast from a Chrome browser? This is a joke, right?
    1. koko boko
      February 25, 2014 at 8:47am
      I double that! I wonder who applies pressure or is it at company discretion that most often the browser option is not implemented(i.e. Hulu, Pandora). What a PC discrimination...
  6. jipsi
    January 14, 2014 at 9:28am
    Christmas day 2013 I was able to stream Pandora from my android to Chromecast. Today, the option to stream (or the icon to choose from device or thru chromecast) is gone. What"s going on. I have the latest version of Pandora but I just upgraded to Pandora One. Could that be it?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 25, 2014 at 9:56am
      @Jipsi Shoot an email to our Listener Advocates. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  7. Tyler
    January 21, 2014 at 3:25am
    Is there anyway that I can listen to Pandora internet radio, from my phone, without using the mobile app?
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 22, 2014 at 8:58am
      @Tyler Thanks for writing in. The only option on mobile is to listen via our app. -Alyssa
  8. PandoraSupport
    January 22, 2014 at 9:00am
    @Chris @Randy @David @Greg @Jipsi Please get in touch with our Listener Support Team for help listening via Chromecast: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  9. Steve
    March 28, 2014 at 7:25pm
    I just cast Pandora to my TV from my Android phone. As it was buffering on the TV, the android Pandora App turned off so I started it again. Soon I was listening to two different songs from my favorite radio station, one from the TV and one from my phone. I shut down the phone app and then realized I have no way of controlling the Pandora app on the TV. It is now in screensaver mode and I can't figure out how to change stations or eve shut it off, etc. The TV remote only controls the volume. What's up????
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 31, 2014 at 3:20pm
      @Steve Sorry for your trouble. Please email Listener Support so they can help you: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  10. Scott
    April 16, 2014 at 1:53pm
    The YouTube and Netflix apps support casting to Samsung smart TVs. Would be great for this to do the same and work with any cast target. So much easier to use the phone as a remote while still playing on the tv.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )