Last night we unveiled our newest product offering, Pandora Premium! It is a completely reimagined music service that redefines what ‘premium’ could and should be. Pandora Premium is designed to open up a world of music completely unique to you. The upcoming features tune into each listener’s individuality and leverage our deep knowledge of musical data; it will be an effortless and flexible experience for all subscribers. We can’t wait to start rolling it out to listeners in early 2017!

Check out this sneak peek video we debuted last night to get a closer look.

Comments

1. Brian Cox
    December 08, 2016 at 8:29pm
    When you requiring thumb print to use app? I figure by the way you've included term thumb is telling us the future plans.
  2. y
    December 09, 2016 at 9:23am
    What does one need to do to join a beta?
  3. Alan
    December 09, 2016 at 3:44pm
    As a Pandora Plus subscriber, I have recently cancelled by rebill with Pandora One. Here is why. Poor sound quality. I am no longer willing to pay a premium price for sub-premium sound. No more. I have also been waiting for a year since you bought Rdio - Waiting for your on-demand service. I found out December 6 that I will still wait until ‘First quarter’ of 2017, whatever that means. In the meantime, I will give Spotify my money. Here is the list of reasons. - Spotify sounds better - A LOT BETTER (sorry about the all caps) - Spotify has a family plan ($14.99 for up to 6 members) - Spotify allows me to ‘thumbs up’ a song from the lock screen (so does Apple Music, so does Deezer, so does Jango, and many others) ADD THIS FEATURE (again, sorry about the all caps) - Spotify has great sound - Bass, Mid and Treble - it’s all there and much better in the car AND at home on a computer. I have an amazing car stereo and great headphones for my iPhone 6s. It is on that device that I do 90% of my listening. Having said that, Pandora sound quality is so bad, that I always switch to Spotify. Rdio allowed subscribers to select the sound quality - Pandora should too. Having said all that, Spotify is very inferior in respect to playing consistently good songs on a given station. Pandora is the clear winner in that. But that is not enough to keep me. If Pandora Premium has a good product (see the list above for definition of good product) I will drop Spotify and return to Pandora. If not, I am gone forever.
  4. Joe
    December 10, 2016 at 6:09am
    Along with what seems to be a very Rdio inspired phone app, I certainly hope that a variation of the desktop app that Rdio had comes with the service. It was brilliant. I look forward to trying out the service. I loved Rdio and it's social network. Good luck!
  5. Gadgetmang
    December 11, 2016 at 4:53pm
    I had the old premium service and did not keep it because you could not create playlist or download like with Amazon Prime service, so this is good news but little too late in my case because I'm not going to pay for 2 music services. I would need more incentive like a good discounted monthly price etc....
  6. Jonathan
    December 13, 2016 at 10:21am
    As a long time Pandora subscriber and fan, I'm impressed with the many new ideas. There is one more idea which I would love to see you incorporate into the interface. At the moment I can "thumb up" or "thumb down" music; I can also put music on hold for a while. Since I buy a lot of the music that I hear on Pandora, as I'm sure do others; why not add a button that or place to click that says "I own this track." That way you don't have to play and re-play music that is in my collection, plus you don't get mislead when I thumb it down because I don't want to hear what I can hear on demand already.
  7. Roxana Alvarado
    December 13, 2016 at 5:24pm
    Thats awesome cant wait.
  8. Christopher
    December 15, 2016 at 4:29pm
    The only thing to me that Pandora lacks is the ability to thumb down an entire artist. I have quite a few artists that I can't stand anything they do. It's a pain to have to thumb down one of their lousy songs every time it comes on when I could just thumb the artist down and never have to hear their crappy music again. Do that and you've got me for life.
  9. Roger
    December 17, 2016 at 8:14am
    I was wondering if the sound quality of Pandora Premium would be 320kbps AAC. Rdio had this for their Kbps and codec. Their sound quality for an on demand streaming music service was fantastic. In addition I was wondering if and when Pandora Premium would be available through SONOS.
  10. Aaron Hancock
    December 17, 2016 at 6:38pm
    What will the bitrate be?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )