UPDATE:  You’ve asked and we listened.  We are excited to announce that as of today, December 2, 2014, the option to be billed annually is back and available for purchase from your computer.  We’re constantly working to make Pandora One the best possible experience and we are dedicated to providing you with the best personalized radio in the world.  Thank you for your passion for our service and for your support.

For more information on the annual plan click here.

Over the next couple of months, we will be implementing some changes to our Pandora One subscription plan so that loyal listeners can continue to enjoy a premium, ad-free Pandora experience.

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 1.37.00 PMWe’ve been fortunate to be able to offer Pandora One at an affordable price since its debut in 2009 at $36 per year and later with the introduction of a monthly subscription for only $3.99 per month. Over this same period, the costs of delivering this service have grown considerably. For example, the royalty rates Pandora pays to performers via SoundExchange for subscription listening have increased 53% in the last five years and will increase another 9% in 2015.

In order to continue to provide an ad-free listening option, we are implementing some changes to the way we price Pandora One, including a modest price increase for new Pandora One subscriptions:

• Existing Pandora One monthly subscribers that remain active will not experience a price increase at this time and will continue to pay $3.99 per month.
  • For new subscribers, the subscription price will change to $4.99 per month starting in May.
  • Existing annual subscribers that remain active will migrate to a discounted loyalty price of $3.99 per month at their next renewal period.
  • We are ending the annual subscription option.

Beginning this week, annual subscribers approaching their renewal date will be notified as the update is applied to their subscription. Monthly pricing for new subscribers will take effect in May, allowing time for new subscribers to take advantage of discounted loyalty pricing if they subscribe before then.

Our listeners are our top priority and, while this affects only a small percentage of our listeners (3.3 million subscribers of more than 250 million registered users total), we hope that you understand why we have taken these steps. Our goal is to continue to be your go-to internet radio destination and enable you to hear the music you love wherever and whenever you want.

Comments

1. John W.
    October 01, 2015 at 11:48pm
    I wasn't able to access all music using spotify because of my location. But I signed up for arcvpn and can switch between regions to access all the music.
  2. Macey
    October 06, 2015 at 12:59am
    I'm being charged like a new user. I have been using Pandora for quite some time and doing the ad-free option. I have absolutely loved it. Would you be willing to look at my profile to see if I qualify / and am able to keep my existing charge of $3.99/mo.?
    1. PandoraSupport
      October 07, 2015 at 8:08am
      Hey Macey - email our support team and they'll help you out with this: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  3. John
    October 11, 2015 at 12:45pm
    Seems like you guys are really trying to shove Pandora One down peoples throats. I've been using Pandora for quite a long time, putting up with the ads. Now, you've more than quadrupled the ads, and play 2 back-to-back on the 'free' service. Are you guys getting 'Microsoft/Windows syndrome'? There are other alternatives for streaming that won't require me to subscribe, and won't bug me with double ads every few songs.
  4. jon
    October 24, 2015 at 11:32am
    I'd love to see pandora one include multiple devices.. Just two would be nice that way a couple can set each others playlists.
  5. Joe
    November 03, 2015 at 3:13pm
    I have had a monthly Pandora One subscription at $3.99 a month since July 2013. Pandora cancelled my subscription on November 1st stating I have been issued a refund. My subscription was paid through my AT&T bill and they said nothing was wrong on their end. I DID NOT request my subscription to be cancelled. If I try to upgrade now I'm forced to pay $4.99 a month. Why was my subscription cancelled?
    1. PandoraSupport
      November 05, 2015 at 8:01am
      Hi Joe - your billing information may have been outdated. Subscriptions through carriers are offered through Google Play. You'll need to email us for more information: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  6. Leslie
    November 06, 2015 at 2:53pm
    Can I install my Pandora One subscription on a second Internet radio? how do I do that?
    1. PandoraSupport
      November 07, 2015 at 1:25pm
      Hey Leslie - Our support team can help you with this. Just email them here: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  7. Todd
    November 30, 2015 at 7:46pm
    I have an account that is good for a year with Pandora One. But I changed my device from a Kindle Fire to an iPad. How can I continue with my subscription on the iPad without tying it to an iTunes account? When I sign in on my iPad, I don't get Pandora One.
  8. Veronica
    December 11, 2015 at 2:33am
    you are in reality a good webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a great task on this topic!
  9. Mario
    December 17, 2015 at 8:01am
    I never knowingly signed up for Pandora one and now can't figure out how to change back to free version. Very sneaky Pandora. I wonder how many customers you have done this to
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 19, 2015 at 1:24pm
      Email us here for help: pdora.co/writeus
  10. Steve
    December 19, 2015 at 8:34am
    Okay so I had pandora one for a few years now.. But I haven't used at all in about two years.. So I decided to cancel the pandora one subscription. I did online last month.. And this month I'm still getting charged through iTunes Store. Why am I still being charged?
    1. PandoraSupport