UPDATE:  You’ve asked and we listened.  We are excited to announce that as of today, December 2, 2014, the option to be billed annually is back and available for purchase from your computer.  We’re constantly working to make Pandora One the best possible experience and we are dedicated to providing you with the best personalized radio in the world.  Thank you for your passion for our service and for your support.

For more information on the annual plan click here.

Over the next couple of months, we will be implementing some changes to our Pandora One subscription plan so that loyal listeners can continue to enjoy a premium, ad-free Pandora experience.

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 1.37.00 PMWe’ve been fortunate to be able to offer Pandora One at an affordable price since its debut in 2009 at $36 per year and later with the introduction of a monthly subscription for only $3.99 per month. Over this same period, the costs of delivering this service have grown considerably. For example, the royalty rates Pandora pays to performers via SoundExchange for subscription listening have increased 53% in the last five years and will increase another 9% in 2015.

In order to continue to provide an ad-free listening option, we are implementing some changes to the way we price Pandora One, including a modest price increase for new Pandora One subscriptions:

• Existing Pandora One monthly subscribers that remain active will not experience a price increase at this time and will continue to pay $3.99 per month.
  • For new subscribers, the subscription price will change to $4.99 per month starting in May.
  • Existing annual subscribers that remain active will migrate to a discounted loyalty price of $3.99 per month at their next renewal period.
  • We are ending the annual subscription option.

Beginning this week, annual subscribers approaching their renewal date will be notified as the update is applied to their subscription. Monthly pricing for new subscribers will take effect in May, allowing time for new subscribers to take advantage of discounted loyalty pricing if they subscribe before then.

Our listeners are our top priority and, while this affects only a small percentage of our listeners (3.3 million subscribers of more than 250 million registered users total), we hope that you understand why we have taken these steps. Our goal is to continue to be your go-to internet radio destination and enable you to hear the music you love wherever and whenever you want.

Comments

1. Tim
    August 12, 2015 at 12:44pm
    I appreciate the Pandora service but I'm using it less and less as I'm spending more time with Apple Music, only because it offers offline. I need offline music. I would like to see Pandora offer an offline option. It would be well worth an additional $10 a month, a great way to increase revenue for the company. Please consider offering offline soon. - Thanks
    1. MJM
      August 16, 2015 at 2:25pm
      I would agree, especially if this would allow me to listen to some form of Pandora when I am in a country which doesn't stream Pandora Thanks for a great service. MJM
  2. Nova Smith
    August 13, 2015 at 8:08am
    I have been a long-time paid subscriber, and my credit card on file just expired this month. I was just notified of this today, and when I went in to update my credit card it is telling me that I have to start a new subscription at the $4.99 rate when previously I was only paying $3.99 + $0.28 per month.
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 16, 2015 at 9:30am
      Hi Nova - it sounds like your subscription lapsed. You'll need to email our support team for further help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  3. Mike
    August 14, 2015 at 10:01pm
    I had no idea Pandora charged a fee for the app at the iTunes store until I received the notice via email informing me I had purchased a 3 day pass! BS it is NOT clear at the iTunes store what is being purchased! I was under the impression Pandora was free internet radio. I cannot find a option to delete or make sure I am not subscribed and will continue to be billed to my cc under my iTunes account. Thanks Pandora for being a rip off.
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 16, 2015 at 9:28am
      Hello Mike - Our app is free to download and listen to. You may have accidentally purchased an upgrade. Please email us for further help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  4. Jeana
    September 04, 2015 at 8:24am
    With pandora one can you continue to listen off line??
    1. PandoraSupport
      September 06, 2015 at 3:07pm
      Hi Jeana - You'll need an internet connection to listen to Pandora whether you are a free or paid listener. With any other questions, please email us: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  5. ROBERT MONTGOMERY
    September 07, 2015 at 7:51am
    love Pandora, would be great if you could set similar channel with videos,BOB
  6. Marie
    September 07, 2015 at 2:01pm
    Why do you not have Pandora in Canada,I loved Pandora and now nothing here in Canada like it,please bring it to Canada
    1. PandoraSupport
      September 08, 2015 at 11:25am
      Hi Marie - we're still working on the licensing to expand to other countries. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! -Kim
  7. Michael O’Brien
    September 14, 2015 at 6:43am
    I fired you last month but Apple still billed me $4.99 on my credit card. What are you going to do about it ?
    1. PandoraSupport
      September 14, 2015 at 8:29am
      Shoot our support team an email and they'll be happy to look into this: http://pdora.co/writeus
  8. Randall Hyman
    September 18, 2015 at 7:19am
    I noticed a repeatable charge on my card for $99 from something called Pandora Effect. Is this Pandora radio, and why $99????
    1. PandoraSupport
      September 19, 2015 at 3:18pm
      So sorry about this - email our support team and they'll investigate: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  9. Louise Merrithew
    September 21, 2015 at 11:58am
    Pandora thru my television has not worked in over a week. I've checked your website and can't seem to find an answer. It also quit on my Android cell phone but it is now working.
    1. PandoraSupport
      September 22, 2015 at 11:05am
      Hi Louise - Please email us for further help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  10. bianca
    September 30, 2015 at 10:32pm
    I just moved to Germany and I can't seem to access the website to cancel my monthly subscription.
    1. PandoraSupport
      October 01, 2015 at 4:25pm
      Email our support team and they'll help you cancel: pdora.co/writeus -Katie