UPDATE:  You’ve asked and we listened.  We are excited to announce that as of today, December 2, 2014, the option to be billed annually is back and available for purchase from your computer.  We’re constantly working to make Pandora One the best possible experience and we are dedicated to providing you with the best personalized radio in the world.  Thank you for your passion for our service and for your support.

For more information on the annual plan click here.

Over the next couple of months, we will be implementing some changes to our Pandora One subscription plan so that loyal listeners can continue to enjoy a premium, ad-free Pandora experience.

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 1.37.00 PMWe’ve been fortunate to be able to offer Pandora One at an affordable price since its debut in 2009 at $36 per year and later with the introduction of a monthly subscription for only $3.99 per month. Over this same period, the costs of delivering this service have grown considerably. For example, the royalty rates Pandora pays to performers via SoundExchange for subscription listening have increased 53% in the last five years and will increase another 9% in 2015.

In order to continue to provide an ad-free listening option, we are implementing some changes to the way we price Pandora One, including a modest price increase for new Pandora One subscriptions:

• Existing Pandora One monthly subscribers that remain active will not experience a price increase at this time and will continue to pay $3.99 per month.
  • For new subscribers, the subscription price will change to $4.99 per month starting in May.
  • Existing annual subscribers that remain active will migrate to a discounted loyalty price of $3.99 per month at their next renewal period.
  • We are ending the annual subscription option.

Beginning this week, annual subscribers approaching their renewal date will be notified as the update is applied to their subscription. Monthly pricing for new subscribers will take effect in May, allowing time for new subscribers to take advantage of discounted loyalty pricing if they subscribe before then.

Our listeners are our top priority and, while this affects only a small percentage of our listeners (3.3 million subscribers of more than 250 million registered users total), we hope that you understand why we have taken these steps. Our goal is to continue to be your go-to internet radio destination and enable you to hear the music you love wherever and whenever you want.

Comments

1. Dr: Julia Anderton
    May 22, 2015 at 1:17pm
    What happen to the free one????
  2. christine saks
    May 23, 2015 at 12:25am
    i had a pandora one account that was auto-deducted from a credit account. Do I HAVE TO ESTABLISH A NEW ACCOUNT?
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 24, 2015 at 10:50am
      Hi Christine! You don't need to start a new account. Shoot us an email so we can take a look at your account on our end: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
    2. Anne Morrissey
      September 22, 2015 at 8:27am
      How do I find my account? I have a new Visa card and I was paying the old rate of $3.99 I think?
      1. PandoraSupport
        September 22, 2015 at 11:04am
        Hi Anne - Please email us and we'd be happy to help find your account: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  3. Crystal Martinez
    May 24, 2015 at 8:05pm
    I would like to discontinue my subsriction to pandora one, I ordered it tonight, but I'm not satisfied.
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 25, 2015 at 1:36pm
      HI Crystal - if you haven't already, email our support team so they can help you cancel your subscription: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  4. Dean sili
    May 25, 2015 at 11:43am
    My pandora account is with my friends credit card # I want to switch it over to my credit card what should I do
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 25, 2015 at 1:36pm
      Hi Dean - shoot us an email and we can help you change your billing information: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  5. Christy
    May 26, 2015 at 11:18am
    I paid to upgrade my Pandora on 5/19 but continued to have ads. I then received another notice to upgrade which I did today for another $4.99. I contacted Apple support, and they advised that my account would be credited for one of the months. However, my credit card was charged AGAIN today. I've contacted them again, but they instructed me to also contact Pandora. I want this resolved IMMEDIATELY!!!
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 27, 2015 at 7:51am
      Hi Christy - You'll need to contact our support team directly for assistance here: http://pdora.co/writeus. Someone will reach out to you then. -Kim
  6. Bill Buhler
    June 12, 2015 at 3:28pm
    I love Pandora and have been a subscriber for years. As my life has changed I've started to wish you had the option for multiple simultaneous devices on one account. You see, I listen on my laptop, or streaming through my phone while I drive. But I also have it setup on my home stereo, which my Kids love to turn on. When that happens I start to get nasty emails about overusing the subscription. It seems like if there was a plan that raised the number of simultaneous streams that would be the ideal.
    1. Henry
      July 06, 2015 at 1:59pm
      I am very close to canceling my subscription because of this policy.
  7. tiffany
    July 11, 2015 at 6:13pm
    I have been a loyal pandora one member for over a year. I use this for my business. I just received an email that stated my membership has been transferred. What in the world happened and how do I get it changed back??
    1. PandoraSupport
      July 12, 2015 at 10:34am
      Hello Tiffany - if you are sharing an Apple ID/Google Play ID with someone else, that's probably how your subscription transferred to another account. You'll need to email us for more help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
      1. Lucy
        November 11, 2015 at 7:58am
        hey i never agreed to continued and never sent me a confirmation email telling em you are going to charge my bank account 20 dollars, i want my money back
      2. PandoraSupport
        November 11, 2015 at 1:11pm
        Hi Lucy - sorry for any trouble. Please email our support team directly for help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  8. Dolores
    July 30, 2015 at 12:01pm
    My Pandora has stopped working suddenly I don't know what happened but its 'very frustrating what do I do
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 01, 2015 at 4:02pm
      Hi Dolores, please email our support team for some help if you're still having issues: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  9. Cagney Cantu
    August 09, 2015 at 10:07am
    I bought into PandoraOne, Love it, but I don't use it. How do I cancel my $4.99 monthly subscription?
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 09, 2015 at 2:11pm
      Hi Cagney! If you subscribed through iTunes or Google Play, you'll need to cancel the auto-billing through them. Could you please email us so we can take a look and give you specific instructions on how to cancel your subscription? http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  10. Brittany hutchison
    August 10, 2015 at 5:51pm
    I never signed up for pandora one ever!!! And i would like to pay for it but my pandora one free trail was started free for 7 days without my knowledge how do i cancelle this i dnt wana be billed or have to pay for somthing that i never signed up for
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 12, 2015 at 9:09am
      Hi Brittany - sorry for any trouble. Shoot us an email and one of our Listener Advocates will be happy to help with this: http://pdora.co/writeus