Comments

1. Chris Cahill
    May 04, 2006 at 1:40pm
    When in Chicago, Check out the music scene around Bucktown/Wickerpark, eclectic mix of bands that range from Punk to hip-hop. Venues to check out: Schubas, Green Dolphin, Ice Factory, Old Town School of Folk Grab a "Reader" to see what is in town while you are in town. Let me know where you are going to be. Cahill
  2. David
    May 04, 2006 at 3:05pm
    If you guys need any video covrage let me know. I work with an outfit here in Chicago that can cover all your destinations with local crews. But even more importantly I a big fan and the music scene here is great. To add to your list of music venues if you have a chance you should check out some of the blues clubs such as Kingston Mines or Bules Chicago (they are right accross the street form one another. I hope to meet the road crew when you come to town. Dave
  3. Noel Roberts
    May 05, 2006 at 8:05am
    Other places to check out would be the Wrigley area! There are many places around the ball park with different kinds of music from rock to reggae. Like Cahill said, the Reader is great. You can also try to pick up an IE (Illinois Entertainer) that has lots of music info in it. And don't forget to stop for a pizza! I recommend the Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder CO. 2121 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60614. Order the pound one and get the Mediterranean bread! Have fun in Chicago, it's my kind of town!
  4. JWest
    May 05, 2006 at 8:16am
    Welcome to Illinois - remember, we are more than just Chicago... but what a great town!!! Just wanted to say Pandora is dynamite! Just what I've been looking for in internet radio! Keep up the good work! Loveit, loveit, loveit! Thanks a bunch! Judy
  5. Michael Miller
    May 05, 2006 at 1:27pm
    PANDORA ROCKS!! If you're ever in Champaign IL, send me a note. I'll take you to Cowboy Monkey and we can watch the live karaoke band. The talent actually devolves as the night wears on...
  6. Crystal Brown-Black
    May 08, 2006 at 7:05am
    I just want to tell you guys that this is the best things since sliced bread! One of my co-workers told me about your site. After creating my station, I was in heaven with hearing some of the music from "back in the day"! I got so excited about the site, I emailed everyone in my list from L.A. to Rhode Island! The African American culture in Chicago likes "stepping" music, which has a cool jazz groove.(i.e. Luther, "Can I take you out" Smokey Robinson, "Quiet Storm" or "Summer Madness" Marvin Gaye "After the dance") This is great! Keep up the good work!
  7. Steven Whaley
    May 09, 2006 at 11:39am
    Pandora has opened my vistas for music. What a neat way to introduce new music to a listener who claims to have heard it all. As previously mentioned, Chicago is a most wonderful experience for music. In fact, the entire metro area has oodles of places to choose from for live entertainment. I look forward to reading more about your pending visit. Keep up the good work.
  8. Ted Rockwell
    May 09, 2006 at 6:17pm
    First off - LOVE PANDORA! Great idea and amazing site - I would volunteer to help with this project if you were looking for music analysts. Chicago - You simply MUST go to Martyr's on the north side - 3855 N Lincoln, 773-404-9494 They have one of the best rooms for sound in the city and some of the most diverse music available in Chicago. (For instance on May 17 Thomas Dolby is playing there and then on May 18 and 19 Alejandro Escovedo is playing!) If you decide to go make sure to ask for Ray Quinn, he is the owner and sound man - and make sure to order the BBQ pizza and a proper pint of Guinness. I also see that on May 18 Erasure is playing the Park West (very intimate room) and the classic Chicago 'indie' band, Eleventh Dream Day is playing the Empty Bottle. Of the two I'd go see Eleventh Dream Day. Good luck in Chicago!
  9. Jason
    May 09, 2006 at 7:06pm
    Chicago is an odd city for live music. There's a lot of attitude when people see a live show, and I think most of that comes from being disappointed more often than being elated. We're music snobs. We study the bands. We might love them, but you won't know it by our dancing or jumping or screaming with delight. Instead you'll have to look for us to mouth "these guys are tight" to the friend next to us. Most bands in Chicago suck. Let's be honest. Everyone here has at least one co-worker who pimps their band out daily. So you finally cave and head to Cubby Bear on a Tuesday night, only to hear them play "Wheels in the Sky" to 14 adoring fans. (Ahhh... the cover band. Don't get me started.) However, if you're willing to sift through the musical fodder, you'll find some of the greatest unheard, unknown, un-f*cked-around-with live music in the world.
  10. E.B. Stanford
    May 10, 2006 at 3:39pm
    Although Chicago is undisputedly a hotbed for exciting new music, (gotta love the Cubby Bear and Fitzgeralds!)one cannot experience the fullest depth of the truest music Illinois has to offer by staying only north of I-80. Hidden amongst the billions of ears south of the city along I-55 (Get your kicks on Route 66! LOL!) are smaller towns filled with big sounds, such as Springfield, Decatur, Jacksonville, Bloomington, Peoria...Blue Monday at The Alamo in Springfield draws local, national acts and yes...even musicians from Europe and Israel...the singer/songwriter scene south of I-80 continues to grow with the help of the Internet community...heck! The Illinois State Fair still attracts similar caliber acts as other events throughout the year, such as the Taste of Chicago or the Blues Fest. Enjoy your travels throughout the great state of Illinois and I suspect you'll be coming back again someday...we have so much music for the world to witness! :) E.B. Stanford