When we started designing Pandora in January of 2005, we set out to create a service that would do three things:

• Instantly create on-target stations
  • Provide the best music discovery experience anywhere
  • Reward listeners that want to “lean in” and learn more when they hear a WOW! song

We’re finally ready to make good on that third promise.

logo.jpg

Starting tonight, whenever you hear a song you love, just click the song, album, or artist name to learn more. That click will take you “backstage” where you can browse an entire universe that tells the story of more than twenty thousand artists and their collected works.
Sample entire CD’s, read about the history of your favorite bands, look at artist photos, build your musical profile, buy albums and tracks from iTunes or Amazon, and get all kinds of great recommendations for songs, albums, and artists you might enjoy.
Find something you like? You can create a new station with just a single click. Have some time on your hands? Just want to browse? Want to settle a bet about how many albums The Cure released in the 80’s? Hop over to http://www.pandora.com/backstage and search for your favorite artist or song to get started.

Ok, I have a confession to make. We actually started out to do four things… so stay tuned, there’s still a lot of great stuff to come. You haven’t seen anything yet…

Comments

1. nurit
    November 04, 2006 at 3:00am
    Great Idea! gives me lots of pleasure. Like a private Radio station. nurit
  2. Ryan M
    November 04, 2006 at 11:17am
    I was introduced to Pandora by a friend of mine. Pandora.com can be defined in one word...PERFECTION Thank you so much for having this website...it is always on in my house and @ my desk @ work! Keep it up!
  3. THOMAS ESTRELLA
    November 04, 2006 at 11:52pm
    You gotta be kidding me! What a country! This is great!
  4. Viviane
    November 05, 2006 at 11:00am
    awesome, I love it. It's really amazing, to discover songs like that just keep up!!!!
  5. Samuel Peter
    November 06, 2006 at 12:01am
    awesome its really gr8 i too want the stand alone software based player. firefox goes up more than 200mb within 1hr of playin:(
  6. Stella
    November 06, 2006 at 12:16am
  7. Stella
    November 06, 2006 at 12:20am
    Pandora Box is super cool...i love it so much... whatever you ever need you'd find it there. When school is kickin' my butt and i want to relax with my favorite songs i open my pandora box...and listen away to all my favorite songs, and sleep peacefully. Pandora Rocks!!!
  8. Darren
    November 06, 2006 at 4:39am
    Wow! I've been listening for an hour and I have three new favourite bands!!! You guys have done a job that will take another century to top!! All the best!
  9. Miranda
    November 06, 2006 at 6:47am
    Thank you! Not only do you keep me entertained all day, and soothed at night, but you also have promoted family harmony. I have two little girls just discovering those shrill girl groups that set my teeth on edge. So I made them a radio station, and just put two of their favorite artists in it, and we all sat around for an hour knitting to music we could all enjoy. I would not have though that was possible!!
  10. Elba
    November 06, 2006 at 11:21am
    This is great, I loved. Only need a little bit of old spanish artist as Leonardo Fabio, Palito Ortega and some like that from Argentina