This evening the Senate approved passage of HR7084. Hooray! We still have to finish up the negotiations, but now the table is set.
Thanks to everyone for your incredible support over the past few days. It was just extraordinary. We had some terrific allies on the Hill; a hearty thanks to our sponsors on the House side – Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) pictured on the floor below, and Donald Manzullo (R-IL), and Senators Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Sam Brownback (R-KS) who shepherded the bill through the Senate. And a special thanks to Representative Howard Berman (D-CA) for his key role as Chairman of the IP Subcommittee.
Behind all the activity within the halls of congress was the tireless advocacy by you, our listeners. None of this would have been possible without your overwhelming public support. Your voice was a constant reminder to everyone involved in this process about the importance of internet radio to music lovers and musicians alike. Your level of involvement was unprecedented. We are eternally grateful.
Thank you again for your amazing support. We will continue to keep you apprised as we work diligently to complete the process.
Berman:Inslee.png
Rep. Howard Berman Rep. Jay Inslee
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Matt
    October 01, 2008 at 3:05pm
    Finally!! This is a huge win-win. I can't even tell you how much new music I have discovered and purchased through Pandora. I assume this benefits Pandora via the click-throughs, and the artists, writers adn record companies by increased sales. Hint: Pandora needs to be able to take even more advantage of this by allowing 1-click purchases rather than requiring you go to bookmarks then do it.
  2. Ashley
    October 01, 2008 at 9:53pm
    I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news! I would truly be lost without Pandora. Its amazing that the music industry doesn't realize how huge of an opportunity web radio like pandora is. I have found so many new artists and purchased their CDs because of pandora. I hope you take advantage of this! Thank you for being here . . . I'd be lost in my long hours of studying if it weren't for y'all!!! much love and God Bless!
  3. kagitsune
    October 02, 2008 at 9:08am
    Congratulations on winning this long battle! I'm so glad that you and all the other internet radio stations will be able to continue business. ^^ Go Pandora!
  4. Scott Fassett
    October 02, 2008 at 2:53pm
    Nice! I'm glad to know my call to my rep actually helped!
  5. design
    October 02, 2008 at 5:36pm
    Nobodies paying attention to this because everyone's to busy listening to Pandora before it's supposedly shutdown!!! Well have no fear Pandora is here to stay!!
  6. Jesse Milliken
    October 02, 2008 at 10:57pm
    Yeah, i saw that nutsie ad earlier. Just for the sake of argument i decided to take a look and i gotta say that it sucks. It might succeed anyway because it's marketed towards the kind of consumer that readily eats up that sort of thing. It's basically all mainstream crap with no variety like pandora has.
  7. Roland
    October 03, 2008 at 8:16am
    One BIG word YEA! Congratulations to you hard working people at Pandora, and congratulations to all Pandorians for making this become a victory. I love it when our tax dollars work to our favor. There are good web sites and then there are great websites. You guys are truly one of the greatest
  8. Ben
    October 05, 2008 at 12:30pm
    Great now lets get on that automated sheet music (tab) app everyone so desparatly wants but doesn't realize. I should be able to listen to a song while at the same time play it straight from the dynamically generated tab in the pane at the bottom. I mean I did install your plugin right! Just kidding you guys do a great job - for humanity, thank you!
  9. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 06, 2008 at 3:34pm
    Thanks for all your comments! We read them all. :) - Lucia, from Pandora
  10. seasick1
    October 07, 2008 at 4:10pm
    Heck yes. Can I kill my FM now? Oh wait, antenna is already broken with no plans to revive.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )