This evening the Senate approved passage of HR7084. Hooray! We still have to finish up the negotiations, but now the table is set.
Thanks to everyone for your incredible support over the past few days. It was just extraordinary. We had some terrific allies on the Hill; a hearty thanks to our sponsors on the House side – Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) pictured on the floor below, and Donald Manzullo (R-IL), and Senators Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Sam Brownback (R-KS) who shepherded the bill through the Senate. And a special thanks to Representative Howard Berman (D-CA) for his key role as Chairman of the IP Subcommittee.
Behind all the activity within the halls of congress was the tireless advocacy by you, our listeners. None of this would have been possible without your overwhelming public support. Your voice was a constant reminder to everyone involved in this process about the importance of internet radio to music lovers and musicians alike. Your level of involvement was unprecedented. We are eternally grateful.
Thank you again for your amazing support. We will continue to keep you apprised as we work diligently to complete the process.
Berman:Inslee.png
Rep. Howard Berman Rep. Jay Inslee
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Linda Masters
    September 30, 2008 at 6:09pm
    Thank you so much for an amazing way to listen to your favorite music. When my daughter sent this to me, I went through all the steps but not too much further. The music is great! Then I thought, wow, what a great thing and wish I could use this in my home for entertaining. And low and behold you have connections for that as well. I am souly impressed by your music and all this entails..THANK YOU!!!!
  2. Brian
    September 30, 2008 at 6:34pm
    Glad to see that our participatory democracy works from time to time! Best of luck with the negotiations. Hopefully there's plenty more Pandora for a long time!
  3. Bob
    September 30, 2008 at 9:28pm
    CONGRATS!!!!
  4. Alexander Schek
    September 30, 2008 at 9:39pm
    Tim, WE have to thank YOU for all your effort, and suffering on our behalf... THANKS and ROCK ON BUDDY !!!!!
  5. Appruv.com
    September 30, 2008 at 10:48pm
    Awesome news! So glad to hear this.
  6. Dan
    October 01, 2008 at 6:53am
    Congratulations, Tim, and all of us. Pandora has introduced me to a lot of new music (new to me, anyway), and I really value it. I wish you luck, and compliment you on Pandora's excellent performance and user experience, too.
  7. james
    October 01, 2008 at 7:32am
    I am happy everything is working out!This service is the greatest way to find new music and old music that i have forgotten about or just never got played on old fashioned Fm-SatRad cant even compare when it comes to the music!!
  8. daryl
    October 01, 2008 at 10:59am
    Has anyone seen this??? http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/081001/0438859.html
  9. Ryan Meray
    October 01, 2008 at 11:16am
    I can't even begin to express how relieved I am that Pandora won't be shutting her doors anytime soon. Here's hoping you're able to negotiate your way into a royalty schedule which allows you to operate for years to come. And thanks for offering such a fantastic service. There's truly nothing like Pandora anywhere else on the Internet.
  10. Brian Rubin
    October 01, 2008 at 12:18pm
    WOOHOO! This is so awesome! Congrats!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )