iPhone1.1.jpg
Today we’re rolling the first upgrade to Pandora for iPhone, the free version of Pandora internet radio for your iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to a number of important bug fixes this version has a handful of new features:
+ Stereo over WiFi – Pandora stations now play in high bitrate stereo when using Pandora over WiFi. This makes an iPod touch the perfect companion to your living room stereo. Just dock and play.
+ Station Resume – when you’re using Pandora and switch to another application, or take an incoming phone call, the music will resume right where you left off when you start Pandora back up. It’s not as good as background listening (which isn’t currently possible on the iPhone) but at least you won’t miss anything if you need to hop out to another app for a minute.
+ Search Auto-Complete – as you type an artist, song or composer in the station creation screen we will offer suggestions in real time as you go.
+ Station Sorting – view your stations either by the creation date or alphabetically.
+ On Phone Registration – users that are new to Pandora can now complete account registrations on the iPhone and iPod touch.
+ Settings Panel – swap your Pandora login without reinstalling the app.
To get started just visit: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Note: Pandora is currently available on approximately 30 other mobile phones. Check http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go to see if your phone is currently supported. While we’re not ready to talk specifically about timing, for those of you with smartphones from other vendors please know that we haven’t forgotten about you and we’re hard at work on versions of Pandora for your phone too. Stay tuned!

Comments

1. John N B Andrade
    December 09, 2008 at 11:03am
    The Pandora iPhone application is not available to Canadian iPhoners and is not listed on the Canadian iTunes store or the Canadian iPhone Apps store. Why is this? Is this just an oversight or are you restricting Pandora to Americans?. Your response would be much appreciated. Please reply. Thanks.
  2. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 09, 2008 at 2:01pm
    OK, @ibc and Eric and others -- Sorry for the wait for WinMo; we know the listeners demand it but we don't want to cry wolf about release dates. All I can say is sit tight... @John -- Pandora hasn't yet obtained the rights to broadcast in countries outside the US yet. Again sorry for this, it's totally on the to-do list. @everyone with tech problems -- Make sure you have the latest update for the iPhone app (1.2.1) and if you are still having trouble, hit up pandora-support@pandora.com with any questions and one of our tech support wizards will help you out promptly. Take care all, A
  3. B Miller
    February 16, 2009 at 3:32pm
    I have a similar problem as one or 2 others have already posted. When I plug iPhone into speaker dock , it may play a few songs , then it stops. I didn't have this problem until the new update. Is there a fix for this?
  4. K. Kim
    February 17, 2009 at 2:10am
    I love ... or should I say loved ... pandora. Now with the constant hesitation/skipping its impossible to listen to any songs on my iPhone and have instead been forced to use a different internet radio application. Please Pandora fix whatever seems to be the problem!
  5. mike
    April 17, 2009 at 8:11am
    iPhone - Pandora 2.0.1 Problem... Phone won't accept calls while using ap. I really like using it, but I can't afford to miss calls. It doesn't even register that someone called. Help!!!
  6. Anon
    August 07, 2009 at 3:55pm
    yea your having problems because the iPhone sucks! get with it, the iPhone 'craze' has came and went. The phone looks like a brick in the hand, its far too big. AND SLOW!
  7. Jack
    August 23, 2009 at 2:10pm
    Gotta say, "Pandora One" seriously kicks ass! Will gladly pay $36 per year for the higher bit rate and no ads. Wish I would have known about it sooner. Or was it just released? Why can't I skip more than 6?
  8. Mike
    September 04, 2009 at 3:17pm
    I love the idea of Pandora in the car, but I'm a stickler on audio quality. We already have a Sprint Mobile WiFi device on our cell plan that we rarely use all the monthly 5G download limit for, so I picked up a used iPod touch and I'm all set. The quality sounds quite good. My question is, what is the bitrate via WiFi on the iPod Touch when "High Quality" is selected?
  9. betty Mickey
    January 15, 2010 at 1:32pm
    I have the smartphone verizon tour 9300 series. I was receiving pandora radio. Loved it and now it will only play a song for a line or two and then quit. It refers me to the thumbplay or 10 bonus tones, then if I go to more information it wants me to purchase tones for 9.99 a month. My daughter receives it and others. Please advise. or sometimes it says please wait for the next track to load. I have checked everything out with my verizon company. Please advise Thanks,.
  10. Jason
    July 23, 2010 at 11:21am
    like some others already on here- the volume control on mine wont work on the touchscreen. slides back and forth but volume doesnt change. what DOES work are the side buttons. iphone4 current OS, 32gb version. Updated pandora this morning. OH, and I will second the need for stereo on 3G. I play pandora almost exclusively in my car thru headphone jack into the head unit and the sound is terrible.