iPhone1.1.jpg
Today we’re rolling the first upgrade to Pandora for iPhone, the free version of Pandora internet radio for your iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to a number of important bug fixes this version has a handful of new features:
+ Stereo over WiFi – Pandora stations now play in high bitrate stereo when using Pandora over WiFi. This makes an iPod touch the perfect companion to your living room stereo. Just dock and play.
+ Station Resume – when you’re using Pandora and switch to another application, or take an incoming phone call, the music will resume right where you left off when you start Pandora back up. It’s not as good as background listening (which isn’t currently possible on the iPhone) but at least you won’t miss anything if you need to hop out to another app for a minute.
+ Search Auto-Complete – as you type an artist, song or composer in the station creation screen we will offer suggestions in real time as you go.
+ Station Sorting – view your stations either by the creation date or alphabetically.
+ On Phone Registration – users that are new to Pandora can now complete account registrations on the iPhone and iPod touch.
+ Settings Panel – swap your Pandora login without reinstalling the app.
To get started just visit: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Note: Pandora is currently available on approximately 30 other mobile phones. Check http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go to see if your phone is currently supported. While we’re not ready to talk specifically about timing, for those of you with smartphones from other vendors please know that we haven’t forgotten about you and we’re hard at work on versions of Pandora for your phone too. Stay tuned!

Comments

1. ryguy
    August 18, 2008 at 7:09pm
    im loving this app for the i phone.... although i am having a tough time finding a dock that dosen't sound distorted with cracking and popping when not on the 3g network. I am not able to get 3g at my house and would love to listen to it at home but as soon as i dock it it stops playing. very unhappy.... is it my speakers or is it a problem not being on the 3g?
  2. planetxanadu
    August 19, 2008 at 8:28am
    Simplify Media streams music over the 3G in stereo. In fact, it doesn't just do that, it also determines what the best possible bitrate should be based on connection speed. I really dig Pandora but am surprised at the 'excuses' for the abysmal quality over 3G.
  3. Juan Daniel
    September 01, 2008 at 2:40pm
    >Posted by: Amber at July 29, 2008 11:41 AM > >Has anyone else noticed that version 1.1 of >Pandora doesn't remember the username and password >in Settings? This is happening to me as well. I have to manually enter it, if I don't then it says it can't sync my stations!
  4. Jared
    September 06, 2008 at 11:06am
    Pandora, Thanks for this great iPhone app. Like others I am having trouble adjusting the volume slider. Sometimes it just won't budge. I also have a feature request! I was out mowing the lawn and thought it would be cool if volume level would adjust automatically based on ambient audio levels in the vicinity. i.e., Turn the lawn mower on and the application hears the audio level through the microphone and raises the playback level automatically... turn the mower off and the playback level automatically decreases.... Just a thought- but let me tell ya, it would sure beat pulling out my iPhone every 5-10 minutes to adjust volume. Oh and by the way, if anyone from Apple reads this, this would be a great feature for the iPod application as well. ;)
  5. Charlie Ksia
    September 08, 2008 at 1:34pm
    I love listening to it at ease. But it would be better that I can access other apps while keeping Pandora work at background. Cheers
  6. jake
    October 04, 2008 at 8:43am
    HI AOL Radio sounds perfect on Iphone. Pandora sounds terible lol. And I love my Pandora on PC, so fix sound quality pritty pritty pleace. ONT
  7. ONT
    October 04, 2008 at 5:06pm
    Hmmmmm AOL Radio sounds terible to if phone is not on WI FI. So my bad on last post. Hope thers a fix for G3. ONT
  8. Alan
    November 02, 2008 at 2:35pm
    I just put Pandora v.1.2 on my iphone v2.1 I like the functionality, and the music genome appears to work brilliantly. BUT.... after playing for a few minutes (on WiFi) the sound starts "strobing" and it completely hangs my iphone, to the point that the power button can't even turn it off. Is there a memory management problem, in which the buffer fills all memory? Shouldn't, since my phone has more than 10GB available. Something else? Any away around this?
  9. Justin
    November 13, 2008 at 3:08pm
    I've been using the latest version of this application on my original iPhone for months just fine, until recently the stream hesitates for a second or two every ten seconds. ...it's irritating. Did Pandora change something about the stream? No matter the signal strength, it hesitates. I reinstalled twice, uninstalled applications that were recently added, turned my "fetch" to manual, and never used the high-quality feature.... Nothing seems to work. Any leads? Has anyone cured this problem before?
  10. DB
    November 21, 2008 at 6:41am
    I have the same hesitation problem and have not found a cure, either. Help! I miss Pandora!!