I’m in Toronto for the Canadian Music Week conference.
This is super short notice, but I’m going to head to Rushton Restaurant Friday evening around 10:30pm for a get together with any interested folks. The Rushton coordinates:
740 St. Clair Ave. W.
Phone: (416) 658-7874
Ian Milne the DJ has recently setup of a Squeezebox and plans to spin the tunes.
Hope to see you there!! Tim

Comments

1. Matt Carroll
    March 05, 2006 at 6:12pm
    Tim, You don't live in Spain, do you?
  2. rane
    March 05, 2006 at 7:41pm
    without offering songs you potentially might not like, pandora could never introduce listeners to new music. i like the thumbs up/down binary. if you can be bothered to point out the songs you like/dislike the stations become amazingly good. part of pandora's beauty is its apparent simplicity. and to the guy looking for the phish album, RTFM, this isnt itunes. pandora rules.
  3. m
    March 06, 2006 at 3:52am
    I'd like to be able to ban artists on Pandora without saying I dislike them. I'd like to be able to say 'more like this, but don't play this particular artist anymore since I already have all of her CDs'. Yes, I'm an ani difranco fan...
  4. Jason Konstas
    March 06, 2006 at 7:03am
    Does anyone respond to these comments or is this just a place for people to cheer/whine/ambivalently comment? I read lots of good inputs here from all over the world, but nothing about the future....
  5. Tom Conrad
    March 06, 2006 at 7:22am
    Hi Jason, We read absolutely everything that is posted here (and anywhere else in the blogosphere about Pandora). We also exchange hundreds of email everyday with folks that make suggestions. You're right though we've not been posting a lot of comments back to the blog. I should be better about that. Rest assured that none of this is falling on deaf ears. As you say there are logs ot amazing ideas here and we're hard at work following up on them. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  6. justin
    March 06, 2006 at 1:31pm
    I seem to be the lone Canadian responding to the TO post. Sorry I couldnt make it, just read the blog today... Hurray for pandora!
  7. Miles
    March 06, 2006 at 2:14pm
    Could we get an official word on when you expect to launch in the UK?
  8. Tom Conrad
    March 06, 2006 at 3:42pm
    Hi Miles, No update yet -- we're working on it, but getting the right licenses in place is a time consuming and consuming process. Still too early to predict a date. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  9. Dean Morrison
    March 06, 2006 at 9:04pm
    I've been dyin' to get this thing going again since I first checked it out, but of course due to the fact I'm living in Canada, I have to settle for liveplasma.com (which is kinda like the manual version of pandora). So, Canadians unable to listen to Pandora I think should check that out.
  10. Ricardo
    March 07, 2006 at 1:05am
    Hey, I just realized you had a blog. Pandora is great. And to whoever looks for something specific, Pandora is like a radio station. A good radio station plays music people like, but they introduce bands and songs instead of playing the same one over and over (which a lot of mindless stations do). I hope you do get a license into Canada for greater exposure - Vancouver and Montreal are two of the world's hotbeds for new music. Please make as many of any changes up for plenty of discussion and keep it true to the vision.

Reply to Dean Morrison Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )