HouseBlend1.jpg
Well, somehow we managed to squeeze over 70 people into a space meant for 35. Thanks for being good sports everyone. Really great evening of food and music talk. Wonderful to see so many people show up, especially as the spot was a little out of the way. Walked away with some good insights from the evening (including the fact that I may have Journey in my genome…). Lots of discussion about celebrity playlists, artist-based stations, and improving the buying experience – too many songs/artists not available. Definitely something we’d like to figure out.

Also pleased to have picked up a good collection of local CDs from musicians in attendance. They’ve been handed to the music genome team.
HouseBlend5.jpg
If anyone has any pictures from the evening – I”d love to post em… send them over.
Tom, thanks for the post on The Practice Room, and to friends at the Digital Media Alliance. Love the online, indie network.
And Tim, thanks for this one too: http://timvansant.com/otoh/
Coming back to Florida in a few months for the Winter Music Festival in Miami. Should be fun.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Seana
    August 31, 2006 at 9:38am
    Hi Hanne, If you look VERY closely at the tuner slide displaying the information for the currently-playing song, you can see a teeny tiny little progress bar at the bottom of the album art. This teeny tiny progress bar gives you a visual indication of how much of the song has played, and how much remains. Hope this helps your OCD! Thanks for listening! Seana
  2. GTS
    August 31, 2006 at 9:58am
    I really like the service it has been great. But I have to ask who thought "Air Attack over Kabul Airfield" by James Whithead should classify as "New Age" It just isn't quite the right fit for relaxation music. If I ever start a military theme station I'll consider it. :)
  3. MANUELA LEAL
    August 31, 2006 at 11:11am
    my Tom Waits radio is such a beauty. you managed to offer me such a collection of songs so good that i only can but make myself comfortable close my eyes e listen to them with a smile of happiness in my face. that't what you do for me. no doubt you have such a good taste in choosing the songs. and the lyrics are as well good. i thank you for all this. love you
  4. Laura
    August 31, 2006 at 9:45pm
    Excellent idea this project is! I was so happy to find Pandora... But, why can't you suggest a song and have it actually played, instead of something similiar? And, if you type in an artist's name, can it play only that artist's songs?? That would make things even better!!!!! Please respond. Laura
  5. bill martin
    September 02, 2006 at 3:36pm
    the music i have been listening to from your website has been great. I can listen to my favorites , some of whom I did not know about. I have recommendig it to some of my friends, who also find it superb.
  6. landon
    September 02, 2006 at 11:51pm
    i would just like to say that the music genome project just saved my life because my dad decided that he would go and delete all of my music off our computer. I had just heard about pandora.com from one of my friends and it has been a life saver for me. I think that there should be a way to also have the option of listening to songs with similar lyrics of the song that you want, so if that is not a huge amount of work that would be awesome then people could also explore music outside of some of their favorite genres just cause they like the lyrics. Thank you all so much. Landon W.
  7. jack smooth
    September 04, 2006 at 8:28am
    hey this site really rocks im a dj from hannover and i used to do alot of vinyls but now i bought stantons final scratch 2.0 and you will probably be wondering why i am telling you all this. thepoint i am getting at is that i need mp3s mostly house, techno and electro would it be possible for you to send the music from these genres?? do you get the newest releases from where?? im new with this mp3 biz please write back
  8. Westonian
    September 05, 2006 at 2:56am
    Pandora has been the backdrop to my working day since I followed up on a recommendation a couple of weeks ago. My station is really getting to know me now, it plays me so much stuff I already like and I get some great leads for new bands to explore. I am a musician myself and I really enjoy songs using particular cadences, and devices such as keeping a constant bass note and using lots of inversions ... Genesis and Yes did a lot of that. Is there any scope for adding classifications like that to the genome? I read also that you use a greater range of attributes when cataloguing jazz and Latin music than for other forms. Do you/could you also extend the range for progressive music, which is on the whole a lot more complex than more mainstream rock? Don't stop the rockin' guys ... go Pandora! - Ian.
  9. Hank Lambert
    September 06, 2006 at 4:22am
    Tim, Thanks for a wonderful evening in Orlando. My wife and I atended, and learned a lot about what I consider to be one of the best Web sites around; it is my favorite site. I really enjoyed the history of Pandora, and am glad to see that you are still focused on keeping it a Web radio station. I have my whole office using pandora (it was real easy!), and now my wife has her office using it as well. Thanks for all of your hard work, many of us are benefititng from it every day. I hope you return to Orlando soon, the Pandora word is spreading. ~Hank Lambert
  10. Linda
    October 16, 2006 at 2:42pm
    Tim, This site is so great. There is a station for whatever you are in the mood to hear! So great. I recently tried to find a local music artist on your site by the name of Rupert Parker. He is a harpist and his music is fantastic. Any chance you can find any of his music to add to my station? His website is www.rupertparker.com Thank you, Linda