HouseBlend1.jpg
Well, somehow we managed to squeeze over 70 people into a space meant for 35. Thanks for being good sports everyone. Really great evening of food and music talk. Wonderful to see so many people show up, especially as the spot was a little out of the way. Walked away with some good insights from the evening (including the fact that I may have Journey in my genome…). Lots of discussion about celebrity playlists, artist-based stations, and improving the buying experience – too many songs/artists not available. Definitely something we’d like to figure out.

Also pleased to have picked up a good collection of local CDs from musicians in attendance. They’ve been handed to the music genome team.
HouseBlend5.jpg
If anyone has any pictures from the evening – I”d love to post em… send them over.
Tom, thanks for the post on The Practice Room, and to friends at the Digital Media Alliance. Love the online, indie network.
And Tim, thanks for this one too: http://timvansant.com/otoh/
Coming back to Florida in a few months for the Winter Music Festival in Miami. Should be fun.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Tashamonster
    August 17, 2006 at 12:41pm
    I think it would be really neat if you could take a song that is playing and move it to another station. For example, I have one station with is called "so very sappy" and it has sad songs or one which are really slow. if one of those types of songs came on another one of my stations, I would love to move it over to my "so very sappy"... How could would that be? Just a thought though... tashamonster
  2. Tsee
    August 21, 2006 at 1:27pm
    Jeff, click on the down arrow next to the station containing songs you're interested in buying, and choose "Edit this station" on the popup menu. There you'll see songs that you've entered as well as given thumbs-up and -down to.
  3. Tsee
    August 21, 2006 at 3:30pm
    I think a three-point scale should be implemented for rating songs. Love, Like, and Don't like. Best, Tsee
  4. Jeanne Pastore
    August 23, 2006 at 5:04pm
    I have been requesting the song " The Last Time I Saw Her " by Glen Campbell. Is there a reason why it has yet to be played on my station?
  5. leo
    August 28, 2006 at 2:23pm
    great concept, this was recommended to me by my best friend. I love that I can enjoy english and spanish music.
  6. nicole
    August 28, 2006 at 5:48pm
    I am enjoying the sight! I mainly listen to it at work, my oly concern is there are some songs that are not work material because of the language. Is there a button that I can use for my work station to filter this kind of music?
  7. Ruben
    August 29, 2006 at 1:42pm
    What about customized skins?, maybe it could be great that anybody using pandora can create a skin set on flash an send it to you, later it could be a menu where you can choose your favorite skin.
  8. Hanne
    August 29, 2006 at 4:09pm
    Hi I'm Johanne. I am 17 and i live in germany. My cousin showed me your side and i love it. I learn much about music and music styles. so i am happy and i hope i'll find more new (for me unknown) artists and songs. thank you for this experiance.. and more tanks for no annoying advertising Hanne (and sorry for mistakes..)
  9. Jesse Simpson
    August 30, 2006 at 1:47pm
    Two things: 1. I LOVE PANDORA!! Im a huge music fan, but was only introduced to rock and metal about two years ago, and this site has helped me find new artists I enjoy listening to. 2. Just a suggestion, can u add something to the radio that shows how much time the song is and how much time remains? I think I have a slight OCD because this bothers me a lot, but wont keep me from listening. Thanks!
  10. Coleen
    August 30, 2006 at 5:19pm
    I think this Pandora is the coolest f'in thing since the invention of ice cream! I'm HOOKED. Thank You!