HouseBlend1.jpg
Well, somehow we managed to squeeze over 70 people into a space meant for 35. Thanks for being good sports everyone. Really great evening of food and music talk. Wonderful to see so many people show up, especially as the spot was a little out of the way. Walked away with some good insights from the evening (including the fact that I may have Journey in my genome…). Lots of discussion about celebrity playlists, artist-based stations, and improving the buying experience – too many songs/artists not available. Definitely something we’d like to figure out.

Also pleased to have picked up a good collection of local CDs from musicians in attendance. They’ve been handed to the music genome team.
HouseBlend5.jpg
If anyone has any pictures from the evening – I”d love to post em… send them over.
Tom, thanks for the post on The Practice Room, and to friends at the Digital Media Alliance. Love the online, indie network.
And Tim, thanks for this one too: http://timvansant.com/otoh/
Coming back to Florida in a few months for the Winter Music Festival in Miami. Should be fun.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Jack Sullivan
    August 10, 2006 at 2:46pm
    I was emailed this address to listen and I was really pleased. This so enjoyable to listen to because I'm introduced to a lot of artist that I would have never experienced but yet they are exactly what I want to hear plus I get to listen to my favorites. I think you guys are outstanding and I have switched from listening to my saved tunes on iTunes to listening to you all day at work.
  2. gallardo
    August 10, 2006 at 4:40pm
    Hi! I'm a Chilean guy that enjoy your great Pandora Radio. It's really the best thing in the web. I hope you still improving, and i still enjoying. Thank a lot
  3. CeCe
    August 10, 2006 at 5:36pm
    Well, I just read Jacks comment and I think I will go a little further...this is craZzy brilliant!!! Love it!! I live in the Bay Area and I had heard-through-the-grapevine type of thing about the Music Genome Project. I thought - yea, that's a really great concept, I hope it works out...so fast forward a bit and (randomly) I stumble on Pandora while web searcher-ing (for any music at that point) O.K. - I'm pretty hard to impress but WOW! I don't think I have to go searcher-ing any more...(ps-for kicks, I hooked my mother up with a station and she is having a ball...the only downside is she wishes you ran a match-making service and would find me a husband...thanks a lot guys)
  4. Cris
    August 10, 2006 at 5:43pm
    Hey Tim, Come to Santa Fe, New Mexico and hear this wonderful singer-songerwriter named Lisa Carman. (I noticed that Santa Fe isn't on your trip) She's one of many great artists here but I think she's great. I back other artists as a bass player at times but I'm really impressed with her music and would love her music to be in the Genome Project. her website is: lisajcarman.com Happy Trails! Cris Phillips
  5. Logan
    August 10, 2006 at 6:01pm
    you guys need to come to Nebraska....I would love to meet you and hear about this project of yours
  6. jeff
    August 10, 2006 at 6:53pm
    I plan to use this site a lot, its great. I think you should save the artists that people like, or give the thumbs up to or something, to their account so that they can come back later and know what albumn to buy. also, you dont know slowreader, check them out, they're fucking wonderful. thank you so much, good by. jeff
  7. Jen
    August 10, 2006 at 8:05pm
    I am thinking that a more complex rating system (maybe a 5-point scale) instead of the current "like it/ don't like it" scale might work a lot better. Sometimes, I like an artist a lot, somtimes I sort of like them, etc, but there's no way to express strength of preference. Otherwise, I love Pandora!
  8. C~’
    August 10, 2006 at 8:31pm
    ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! Best "Radio" concept, and better radio than in my car??? Can you package it to go please. This will spread like wild fire on a hot summer day, grats! So many people will be opened to new music that they would have never the experience in this life. Keeping on Listening, Life Tunes. Carrie's Imagination
  9. paul
    August 11, 2006 at 3:52am
    Can one select an artist, i.e. Wilco, and have only their music played as opposed to similar style type music?
  10. Brian Schuermann
    August 11, 2006 at 12:33pm
    I absolutely cant say enough good things about Pandora, so I will mention the only thing I dont like... I wish I could block an artist altogether, if I dont like one fleetwood mac song, I dont want to hear any more, and I certainly dont want to hear Lindsay Buckingham or Christine McVie... anyway can you tell what came up on my playlist that made me go what? I absolutely love the service, and have it as my start up page on every computer that I have to interact with at school, home and work. Keep up the fabulous work, and thank you thank you, thank you!