Wow – what memorable evenings we have had!
Zeum Audience1.jpg
Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Zeum and SWIG gatherings over the past week. They were great opportunities to hear from the hometown crowd directly – long overdue. Particularly enjoyable for the many Pandora employees who were finally able to attend a town hall meeting in person, rather than rely on blogs and emails. Special for all of us.
We had 230 folks show up at Zeum… !!

ZEUM Audience3.jpg
Thanks to Ebba and co. for being, shall we say ‘flexible’ with the firecode! We had well over 400 RSVPs and had to quickly figure out another place to host the 150+ folks who we had to redirect. Fortunately, we had an event on the calendar with AMP3 for the following week. Smaller, but just as much fun.
SWIF Audience1.jpg
amppandora2.jpg
Lots of great questions and comments on both nights: UPC codes on homemade CDs, “add this song to another station” style feature requests, the need for greater variety on playlists, suggestions for Norwegian music, more granular feedback options, community features, and a lovely testimonial on a Mahalia Jackson-driven discovery of little known gospel phenom Sister Gertrude Morgan… to name a few.
We really do learn a lot at these events. A number of the engineering team working on the features attended both events, so they really got to hear firsthand what people want. I know I speak for everyone from Pandora in saying that these are profoundly rewarding and motivating for all of us. Thanks for sharing your passion, enthusiasm and affection.
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Jin
    August 17, 2006 at 7:28pm
    Hi Tim and Lucia, Some friends of mine told me about Pandaro last month, i was in a hurry because of my studies so i couldn't take a look before, but now i'm really glad i did. It is very nice to see how much passionate you are. You really involve yourselves in that site and for us, listeners, it's a god send. May you be thanked by all music fans from all over the world. Cheers from France
  2. Alan Rubin
    August 19, 2006 at 12:06am
    I just saw Chorus Line at the Curran and tried to make a station from What I Did For Love, a most beautiful song, but it didn't come up. Can you add it? Thanks for this amazing Web site.
  3. Miss T
    August 20, 2006 at 2:06pm
    So who thinks there is nothing good for you that is addictive? PANDORA IS ADDICTIVE AND GOOD FOR YOU! I f*$($&(#&%#ING think the site rocks, trances, bounces and pounces...all over my musical moods! I can jam from speed metal to radiohead and on...sometimes i wish i could replay a "session" but then again i like the randomness of it, like life -it is unpredictable and that my friends is a F($*%($%&(#ING beautiful thing! I want a bumper sticker that says J'ADORE PANDORA! Sweet people you are great- sharing music is very spiritual, I'm off to Pand... T
  4. Scott
    August 29, 2006 at 12:38pm
    First of all, Pandora is THE coolest thing going... I don't know how to phrase it but, when searching for my favorite band in San Fran, the mother hips, i was suprised by the songs that played. I was not bummed at all, I actually was impressed by what i heard. But I was looking for bands that I personally know that have been associated with them. For example, the band itself has broken off into different directions creating their own solo sounds. Tim Bluhm solo,with the Involvement featuring Pinata (5foottuesday), Greg Loicanno with Billy Midnight in The Sensations. More than that, Jackpot, is another band that could fit in there too. So what Am I saying? I don't quite know. Take it or leave it, But Keep it going! Thanx for listening to my babble
  5. Elsie Kleinman
    September 03, 2006 at 2:41pm
    I love Pandora. I just found it yesterday. Can you have songs in a differnt language. When I put Edith Piaf I thought I would get other French singers of her genre. Or for instance Spanish singers etc. I hope you keep it up. Elsie
  6. Cliff C
    September 17, 2006 at 2:34pm
    Guys, you're coming to L.A. I know that, you know that. But let's seriously think about this. You've got only ONE trip to southern california. The two biggest cities? San Diego and Los Angeles. But since you can't hit both of them, and odds are a citizen in one won't drive out to the other (2 hours, much more with L.A. traffic), why not establish middle ground, primarily Anaheim or Orange County. Especially Orange County. If you go to Orange County, primarily South Orange County (can you see me trying to move you guys?), why don't you try to go to these places A) Trabuco Oaks Steakhouse: Great steakhouse near Irvine, like twenty minutes away, whose served the liked of Ronald Reagan and William Lyon (Lyon Houses). Seriously, try the Cowboy steak. It's a couple pound steak that'll make you puke. Delightful B) Have your meeting at one of the colleges, which have absolutely huge rooms. Just come here
  7. Jim Green
    September 22, 2006 at 9:17pm
    You guys should add The Negro Problem and Stew. Stew (who is black) basically is TNP, though it started as much more of a group. His albums under both names have many wonderful tracks. Think Jimmy Webb meets XTC and gets them to record with the Fifth Dimension with guest lyrics by Stokely Carmichael ... and that's just a start. Also, while you have a live Plimsouls album, what about their others?
  8. gw
    September 24, 2006 at 9:39am
    Thank you Pandora. You make us cubicle drones very, very happy. Do you need an admin/geek wannabe in Oakland? Or any of your offices? : )
  9. smile
    September 25, 2006 at 5:40am
    I am a chinese girl,thank you pandora.you make me very happy.I like music,like smiling.
  10. smile
    September 25, 2006 at 5:41am
    :}

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )