Wow – what memorable evenings we have had!
Zeum Audience1.jpg
Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Zeum and SWIG gatherings over the past week. They were great opportunities to hear from the hometown crowd directly – long overdue. Particularly enjoyable for the many Pandora employees who were finally able to attend a town hall meeting in person, rather than rely on blogs and emails. Special for all of us.
We had 230 folks show up at Zeum… !!

ZEUM Audience3.jpg
Thanks to Ebba and co. for being, shall we say ‘flexible’ with the firecode! We had well over 400 RSVPs and had to quickly figure out another place to host the 150+ folks who we had to redirect. Fortunately, we had an event on the calendar with AMP3 for the following week. Smaller, but just as much fun.
SWIF Audience1.jpg
amppandora2.jpg
Lots of great questions and comments on both nights: UPC codes on homemade CDs, “add this song to another station” style feature requests, the need for greater variety on playlists, suggestions for Norwegian music, more granular feedback options, community features, and a lovely testimonial on a Mahalia Jackson-driven discovery of little known gospel phenom Sister Gertrude Morgan… to name a few.
We really do learn a lot at these events. A number of the engineering team working on the features attended both events, so they really got to hear firsthand what people want. I know I speak for everyone from Pandora in saying that these are profoundly rewarding and motivating for all of us. Thanks for sharing your passion, enthusiasm and affection.
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. wayne
    August 01, 2006 at 12:23pm
    Although I would have loved to make it to the town hall meeting, I was out of state at the time. However, after using Pandora's wonderful service for three months I have a few comments. The interface is wonderful. More importantly is that the system of using the Music Genome Project to identify similar tastes actually works, whereas other services (using algorithms based on similar purchases, etc.) do not. I really love Pandora for this. I have often wondered why when I give a thumbs up for a band and it's song, I rarely hear more than just that one song on my radio station. This possible might be that you only have permission to play that one song, but if I'm going to purchase an album, I'd like to hear everything that artist has done. It might just be one song of theirs that I like, but I'd like to know that. Streaming to other devices would be wonderful. Mostly, I listen to Pandora on my home and work computer, but I have looked into other possible options and the Squeezebox just isn't something I'm interested in. With the possibility of future Wifi enabled DAPs, I believe that streaming Pandora to other devices other than flash enabled devices would be nice. Keep up the great work!
  2. eventhorizon
    August 01, 2006 at 5:42pm
    Well, I've been listening to Pandora for a year now and it's become more addictive than ever. It seems like I hear a band that I've never heard of 2-3 times a week. I thought I knew my music but Pandora has proven me wrong. I am right now listening to my Nine Inch Nails station and heard a band called Severed. No clue they existed but they definatly got a thumbs up. This is still the best thing going bar none. The new Backstage feature is friggin awesome. I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and would gladly show up at any event you might have. I would also like to congradulate you on the clean but effective web site. No muss no fuss.
  3. Ikari Gullwing
    August 02, 2006 at 9:45pm
    Hey guys, I really love your work here at Project: Pandora. Do you have any plans to head down to Southern California by chance? I live eight hours away from SF and that sort of trip with gas prices the way they are isn't really feasible!
  4. Andreas Ramos
    August 03, 2006 at 10:10am
    I was in Europe last week and couldn't come to the SF event. I love Pandora. 1) Don't jazz up the interface. Keep it simple. It's bad enough as it is (oddly placed buttons, odd labels). If you want, create multiple interfaces and let people choose their interface. And add skins. 2) Sometimes, it shuts off by itself. It loses the connection. Can you have it check for the stream and restart itself? 3) Stream to a MP3 player: Finally, a reason to buy one. 4) I'd love to replace my car radio with Pandora. It really stands out how much better Pandora is than every radio station in the San Francisco Bay Area. No idea how this could be done. 5) And please add Arabic music, Indian raga, and many more genres. A bit-of-everything showcase station might be a good idea.
  5. Roland
    August 05, 2006 at 12:19pm
    Hey programers in the box! I am a loyal, addicted, listener of Pandora radio. In fact work just doesnt get doesnt get done at the office as fast unless I'm plugged in, and my boss knows it. Anyway this situation has happened in more than one ocasion. I have had radio stations appear on my menu that I didnt request or design. It's not a big, big, deal to me because all I have to do is delete them. But it is a big deal, because my Pandora stations are personable and I dont like invaders attaching then selves to my list. Thankyou for your eyes and your ears LOL :) R.
  6. murpa
    August 06, 2006 at 7:35am
    Watch out ipod, forget about itunes - perhaps next year's must have will be a "pBox"? Congrats for the most recent & best innovation in music. If I had any money I'd invest heavily. Appreciated :-) M
  7. dianna
    August 06, 2006 at 10:30am
    Don't ask me how I stumbled upon Pandora, but I have to tell ya, I am so happy I did. Passionate music is my passion and with this brilliant site I am hearing new artists for the very first time and broadening my music interests. Two thumbs up from me! I will tell everyone I know about Pandora...no one should be neglected. Can I come to work with you guys! Thank you so much for all the music...and yes please don't change or Jazz anything up...it is so user friendly as it is.
  8. Juanita
    August 09, 2006 at 9:39am
    Pandora is the best website idea I've come across in my entire adult life. It's better than my own friends at suggesting new music that I would like.
  9. AL X
    August 09, 2006 at 1:27pm
    hey is there a way it would be possible to match lyrical content as well as musical specifix? if so that would be the only improvement i could imagine to this excellent program!
  10. Tigrou
    August 16, 2006 at 3:10pm
    Salut a tous ! Je voulais vous feliciter pour cette magnifique source de decouverte et de plaisir autour d'une idee... tout simplement geniale! Je vous recommande a tous mes amis ! Bel avenir sur vos ondes cool ! Merci from France

Reply to Lin Rudd Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )