Wow – what memorable evenings we have had!
Zeum Audience1.jpg
Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Zeum and SWIG gatherings over the past week. They were great opportunities to hear from the hometown crowd directly – long overdue. Particularly enjoyable for the many Pandora employees who were finally able to attend a town hall meeting in person, rather than rely on blogs and emails. Special for all of us.
We had 230 folks show up at Zeum… !!

ZEUM Audience3.jpg
Thanks to Ebba and co. for being, shall we say ‘flexible’ with the firecode! We had well over 400 RSVPs and had to quickly figure out another place to host the 150+ folks who we had to redirect. Fortunately, we had an event on the calendar with AMP3 for the following week. Smaller, but just as much fun.
SWIF Audience1.jpg
amppandora2.jpg
Lots of great questions and comments on both nights: UPC codes on homemade CDs, “add this song to another station” style feature requests, the need for greater variety on playlists, suggestions for Norwegian music, more granular feedback options, community features, and a lovely testimonial on a Mahalia Jackson-driven discovery of little known gospel phenom Sister Gertrude Morgan… to name a few.
We really do learn a lot at these events. A number of the engineering team working on the features attended both events, so they really got to hear firsthand what people want. I know I speak for everyone from Pandora in saying that these are profoundly rewarding and motivating for all of us. Thanks for sharing your passion, enthusiasm and affection.
Cheers.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Eric Wahlforss
    July 27, 2006 at 6:21pm
    I really appreciated being there. Thanks for being so open and for listening to your listeners!
  2. leslie
    July 27, 2006 at 9:30pm
    I can't figure out who to write to to say WOW! I just discovered Pandora and literally had to tear myself away to go to bed. At first I entered "Drive=By Truckers," and now I've heard four different artists who I have never heard before. I am so very excited about this site! Thank you to those who put "Pandora" together! Leslie
  3. Daniel Quach
    July 27, 2006 at 11:08pm
    I've been a Pandora member since the very beginning. The town hall meeting was very informative but that wasn't the best part. I left really feeling like I was an integral part of Pandora's community. Of all the social networks I belong to, Pandora is far superior because people at Pandora are passionate about music and they go above and beyond to really listen to their members. I feel so proud to be a Pandora user.
  4. Onkel_Mihail
    July 28, 2006 at 6:22am
    Would be nice if some of the attendees would post accounts of the meeting, and what they tought about it. Maybe someone even has a protocol? You can post this in the www.pandora-forum.com. /me still waiting for Tim to come to Europe.
  5. Shaunak Dave’
    July 28, 2006 at 10:16am
    I commute weekly from Chicago to San Francisco and the SWIG event was very enjoyable. I love the energy and buzz in the room! Here are some comments: (1) any plans to format, stream Pandora to mobile devices? (2) website look and feel - since this is a direct-to-consumer service, could you "jazz up" the website. Right now, it has this "Mies van der Rohe" feel to it. (3) Mac formatting - the look and feel should be the same on a Windows machine or a Mac...I only bring this up because an investor at my first start-up brought this up to me as a "pet peeve". He's an avid Mac user (although they account for only 2% of the population). His firm invested $5 million in us, so we had 5 million reasons to make it "look right" on a Mac. :-) (4) Roadshow - could you add Chicago to the next town hall roadshow in the Fall? (5) Squeezebox - could you bring / promote the Squeezebox at the town halls? (6) User Rewards - any plans to reward / incent super, uber Pandora users (maybe for turning in CDs, providing feedback on "beta" features & functions, referrals to Pandora, etc...)? (7) Celebrity Users - maybe as a "fun thing to do", could you get celebrities to provide Pandora testimonials? This is similar to the way radio stations ask listeners to get their celebrities friends to call into the radio station to support charitable causes. I'd like to know what Pandora "radio stations" Abe Vigoda listens to. :-) Keep up the great work and continued success. See you in Chicago. Cheers, Shaunak
  6. Larry Marcus
    July 28, 2006 at 2:59pm
    Tim is clearly among the bay area's great Founders, having stuck with a vision way ahead of its time to manifest it into something so useful, impactful and joyful for all! Great companies are often defined by how closely they stay in touch with their users and Tim's effort to stay in touch and gather feedback is admirable. Bravo!
  7. Matt
    July 28, 2006 at 4:25pm
    Please *don't* jazz up the site as another poster suggested. It clean and simple -- no more than it needs to be.
  8. stephan
    July 28, 2006 at 9:00pm
    You have to come to montreal. Something's happening deserving your attentive ears. Should come for the Osheaga festival.
  9. Adam
    July 28, 2006 at 9:52pm
    How about adding song lyrics to the Song Backstage pages?
  10. Vaughn Brown
    July 29, 2006 at 11:03pm
    I thank God everyday for the Internet and what it's done for music - primarily given us access to bands and sounds previously given broad exposure by big labels and their marketing budgets. Pandora is incredible. I've been telling all my friends about it. The first station I made was We Are Scientists and immediately I learned about three other bands I had never heard of. As far as the interface, please keep it the way it is. It's simple, it's lite, it's all it needs to be. I would love to be able to toggle back to songs that have already played and listen to them again. Great work guys. Can I have a job?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )