todd haemmerle
podcast_mic.jpgHappy Thanksgiving, everybody. Thanksgiving is a time of many time-honored traditions. One of these traditions, of course, is the kickoff of the holiday season. Yuletide is now upon us here in the United States, and with it, a bevy of similarly time-honored seasonal music. Todd Haemmerle joins me to get into the musicology of Christmas songs. We look at the major-key 18th century singalongs, the minor-key carols that surfaced during the 19th century, and the twenty-year flood of timeless holiday music that began just prior to World War II.
Thanks for listening,
Kevin
p.s.: For a free subscription to all of the video and audio episodes of Pandora Presents… Pandora.com/show.

Comments

1. Stephan
    November 23, 2007 at 10:08pm
    Tim, I like a lot your service and have been listening it for a long time now but start feeling tired of always seeing alcoholic beverages ads. I don't feel it is proper to overly advertise them. Can't anybody else pay more for your ad space than those companies? Stephan
  2. mandy
    November 24, 2007 at 5:14am
    Yay Christmas music! i absolutely love this website, i just joined today, but it has like a mind of its own! Keep it up! Great work guys! And thanks for adding Christmas music for the cheerfulness of the upcoming holidays :)
  3. Maria Perez
    November 24, 2007 at 8:25am
    I just signed up today and unfortunately the one song that I wanted to listen to (El cantante by Hector Lavoe)I couldn't hear in its entirety. I kept getting a sample to listen to. I was to say the least, a little disappointed. You advertise free listening however, I can't seem to get to listen to the songs that I want.
  4. Chae Hancock
    November 24, 2007 at 8:35am
    Here's an idea for Pandora. Maybe instead of playing music from other artists of the same genre, you should make that station play only one specific artist. Thanks for listening to my ideas, Chae Hancock
  5. Herb
    November 25, 2007 at 12:45am
    Hi I'm from Canada, and your once popular site has disappeared up here. I am losing hope of hearing just what your plans are for the return of pandora to the Great North, and have waited for a while now for some kind of explanation via email or blog post, regarding your sudden disappearance and problems with licensing. There are some very competent replacements, finetune to mention just one of many, who seem to have no problem providing music to the feared Canucks, but pandora was the best. What happened? What's happening? I have removed you from my bookmarks, but not from my thoughts. It was too depressing to see your name and not be able to hear the music. Hope you had a fine Thanksgiving and wish you a Merry Christmas in advance. Herb
  6. Kristen
    November 25, 2007 at 12:26pm
    Dang how do u know all that.....
  7. letyam
    November 26, 2007 at 5:09am
    deseo me busquen musica de los 70s,emanuel,yuri,sandro
  8. Tiffany
    November 30, 2007 at 9:46am
    I Love IT!! Thank you so much for this service...just wanted to let you know... :)
  9. Kevin Seal
    November 30, 2007 at 3:54pm
    Thanks, Tiffany and Kristen and Mandy and everyone else... Herb, hang out for the Canadian re-connection. We are working on it, I promise; these things just take a while. Chae, I would love to do single-artist shuffles, but the genome isn't really set up that way. Pandora herself (okay, "itself" if you insist) is blind to the artist's personality or image or name even, and just goes off of song-by-song similarities. Maria, if you were hearing just a sample, were you in the Backstage area? That area is set up just with those 30-second samples, as they're free and on-demand.
  10. Lanie
    December 02, 2007 at 9:19pm
    can I listen to pandora on my iPod Touch? That feature would be icing on my Christmas cake! I saw the mobile action of the site but it only mentioned downloading pandora for a cellphone. Thanks!

Reply to Suzanne Urban Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )