Windows MobileIt’s been well over a year since I first talked publicly about Pandora for Windows Mobile. After a number of false starts and broken promises on my part, I’m happy to report that we’ve now released our first Windows Mobile implementations of Pandora.
Today we’re rolling out Pandora for the HTC XV6900 on Verizon, the HTC Touch on Sprint, and the Motorola Q9C on both Sprint and Verizon. These are free to download and are supported solely through advertising. The entire Pandora experience you’ve come to expect on the web is available on your Windows Mobile phone: create stations, listen, give feedback, QuickMix, etc.
In cooperation with AT&T we are also launching Pandora support for three additional Windows Mobile phones: the Samsung Epix, the LG Incite, and HTC Fuze. AT&T has decided to make these versions of Pandora available on a monthly subscription basis.
To get started with Pandora on your HTC Touch, HTC XV6900, Motorola Q9C, LG Incite, HTC Fuze, or Samsung Epix simply visit http://www.pandora.com using Mobile Internet Explorer on your smartphone and follow the installation instructions.
We’re continuing the work required to bring Pandora to a broader range of Windows Mobile handsets. Keep your eye on this blog and this page for updates on new handsets.
For those of you that have been keeping an eye on this since I first talked about it so long ago, thanks again for your patience. Enjoy!

Comments

1. Pablo Ramirez
    December 31, 2008 at 1:42pm
    Well, I think its great that Pandora is now accessible on Windows Mobile. I hope its not long until expanding to other Windowa Mobile phones because I perfer to listen to Pandora Radio. Although, this new service not available for my Samsung Onmia Smartphone. Its great that you were persistant, it paid off and good job Tom!
  2. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 31, 2008 at 2:31pm
    @Israel--Sorry if this is frustrating. It's not that we're avoiding playing the one song you're looking for, it's just not what we have set out to do. We're here as a resource for discovering new music, pure and simple. Hope you understand. OK, over and out. Once again, happy new year to all! -A
  3. Erik
    December 31, 2008 at 10:17pm
    Isn't AT&T's service fee for Pandora a violation of net neutrality? All traffic is treated the same regardless of its content? Also, you have no idea how much I appreciate Pandora on my phone. I absolutely love it!
  4. Lutz
    January 01, 2009 at 8:33pm
    Noticed that the app doesn't have an icon in the task manager - you're not running as a service, are you? And yes, the VGA screen layout needs some fixing.
  5. Wayne
    January 02, 2009 at 6:59am
    Pandora is having problems launching on my HTC Touch as well. I've done the hard reset and uninstalled and re-installed it, but keep getting the error: Debug Assertion Failed! Program: \Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\include\vector Line: 756 Expression: vector subscript out of range (Press Retry to debug the application) After pressing Retry, I get the same message except: Line: 757 Expression: ("Standard C++ Libraries Out of Range", 0)
  6. Trav
    January 02, 2009 at 7:35am
    Why is this so hard to install on a non-sprint/virizon phone with windows mobile? I use my touch pro on Alltel and all i get is "your device is not supported."
  7. Byron
    January 02, 2009 at 7:42am
    Here's a vote for the HTC Touch Pro to be among the next supported.
  8. dan
    January 02, 2009 at 8:08am
    Pandora on my Blackberry would be fantastic. I hope it's in the works. A lot of people have been waiting for it.
  9. Pedro Beltrao
    January 02, 2009 at 1:24pm
    In case you are counting here is another vote for an Android app :).
  10. Etienne – Pandora Listener Support