One of the things we care a lot about here at Pandora is giving you a space to share your musical discoveries with the world. That’s what the “Your Favorites” page is all about. Whenever you discover a song on Pandora that you love, just click on the album art and select “Add to Your Favorites Page.” That adds the song to your personal favorites page. You can then easily share the page URL with your friends.
With tonight’s release we’ve upgraded the favorites page with some new features:
– You can now listen to a 30-second sample of each song on any favorites page (your page, or one of your friends pages).
– When you visit a friend’s favorites page (for example, http://www.pandora.com/people/tconrad), you can click any of the stations listed and that station will be immediately added to the list of stations in your player. Sharing stations is easier than ever.
– Each song on a favorites page now links to a “song page” where you can view album art, listen to a 30-second sample, and purchase the song from iTunes or Amazon. These are great URL’s to pass around to your friends too. Here’s a song I love: Lua by Bright Eyes.
– Your favorites are now available as an RSS feed. Just click click the orange XML icon get the feed URL and then add it to your favorite aggregator (My.Yahoo!, live.com Bloglines, NetNewsWire, etc.). Your friends can subscribe to your feed of favorites and then they’ll be notified each time you discover a great new song. For a really neat trick, add your Pandora favorites feed to the Mac OS X “RSS Visualizer” screensaver for a cool animated show of everything you’re finding on pandora.

Comments

1. Buster Cearley
    February 20, 2006 at 9:53am
    I just discovered this segment. I hope my comment (sent by way of "Jobs" etc) will reach you because my own feelings are as intense and profound as those expressed by so many others.All the brou-ha-ha re: explicit lyrics etc. is so much puffery in a sea of Sparkling Beauty! Go, Pandora, Go!!!! Buster Cearley
  2. Remko
    February 21, 2006 at 4:02am
    Amazing, just started listening, amazed that you guys have a music selection containing some of the more obscure artists (especially in America) Two Thumbs up!
  3. Rand
    February 21, 2006 at 11:24am
    Just absolutly amazing...That this service can find new and old favorites for my picky,jaded ears! Don't stop....and if you ever want help... Congrats to you Pandora and to your fabulous box!
  4. OldMan
    February 21, 2006 at 8:39pm
    Well, Kids, Pandora has me figured out. I plug in Bing Crosby, Perry Como or Frank Sinatra and I get exactly kind of music I really like. I NEVER hear words that upset me. Perhaps you need to rethink the type of music you really want to listen to. Here is your chance to sample music you have never heard in the privacy of your home without anyone ever knowing that you are listening to it. I dare you to give it a try. [I tried Eminin (sp?) and now I know what you are talking about when you say "explicit". Ouch! I hope my kids don't hear about this. :>)] Thanks to Kim Komando for telling us about Pandora. I'm hooked!
  5. DrewBob
    February 21, 2006 at 11:30pm
    when will you make it so that shared stations can be rated and changed? I would like to start out w/ a friends station and then tweak it.
  6. jeff
    February 23, 2006 at 2:59pm
    how about an "on/off" button for explicit lyrics!!!!
  7. Joseph Wilson
    February 24, 2006 at 8:12pm
    How About A No Britney Button :D Having a problem on my favorites page, There is a buy from itunes,buy from amazon, and close option, but no remove from favorites option... using opera browser...
  8. David Jackmanson
    February 25, 2006 at 7:33am
    What would be really wicked is if you could select tracks by the definitions you use when selecting them, like 'east coast rap roots' or 'electronica influences'
  9. michael deviney
    February 26, 2006 at 9:52pm
    Pandora is truly amazing. This revolutionary concept reminds me of eBay and thier effect on the consumer market. You really do have an incredible site. Congratulations. You could go public if you play your cards right.
  10. mike d
    February 26, 2006 at 9:59pm
    In the begining, Pandora told me the properties of the songs i chose, but not anymore: i.e. deep bass kicks, synthesizers, latin drums, etc. I would like to see that info for each song. AND for each of my stations. Then I can add PROPERTIES like "flute" or "record scratching" to a station. I assume you already have these commands set up. Please share them with your loyal public!