There’s quite a bit of refinement and UI polish that went into this release. There are probably 20 little things that have changed in the UI to make the experience of using Pandora just a little nicer. For example, the player finally gives you an idea of how long it’s going to take to finish loading when you first visit the site. When you email a station to a friend, there’s a confirmation panel to tell you that it’s on its way. When you mouse over a song “slide” you get a little halo to let you know that something will happen when you click. In fact, there’s a halo effect on lots of things. Truth be told, we went a little halo crazy this release.
We love this stuff, and we have a list a mile long of other little things we want to refine. You can bet that we’ll be working on these over time. The thing is that we really want your experience with Pandora to be an entirely delightful one and we’re big believers that the little stuff really does matter.

Comments

1. KDUG
    February 22, 2006 at 9:30am
    Just introduced to Pandora a couple of dyas ago, IT's GREAT!!!!! My music tastes are all over the board, this site rocks, sings and moves. I am telling everyone I know. Keep it up! Thanks from KDUG
  2. Oorgo
    February 23, 2006 at 2:11pm
    I love Pandora! The music genome project is great also for rock/pop/jazz although it's too bad it's lacking in Latin music (salsa etc.). Also I find if I'm not watching what it plays it can kinda go off track and start playing odd things. i.e. a station devoted to the band Metric after awhile starting playing Duran Duran. :) I still love it though, good work!
  3. Jorge Alfonso
    February 24, 2006 at 4:02pm
    I really love Pandora! I have tried many kinds of music, and whatever I ask I always get something good (and new) back :D One small detail that I think could be improved is: -Imagine I am listening to "Station 1" and then a VERY GOOD song starts to play... but that song is not AT ALL the style I would like to hear in "Station 1", yet it could go really well on "Station 2". If I rate that song as "I like it", the style of the station will start going in the wrong way... so I have to rate it as "I don't like it" even when I love it. It would be nice to have a fix for this... something like an "add this song to another station" option... Thanx for this GREAT service! keep on doing that good work! :D
  4. s-man
    February 25, 2006 at 2:23pm
    I have to assume it came with the realease of 2.1, but i run the Opera web browser on my computer and recently noticed they have a new pandora widget with their new upgrade that takes you to a page with the pandora player on it. if the crew had anything to do with this, thanks! it's so handy to be able to access pandora with a quick double-click from my desktop! ps love the halos..they're so cool!
  5. jeannie
    February 26, 2006 at 8:05am
    I like Pandora so far but have my own little thing to fix. As I go about my day listening while I work... the songs get further and further away from what I want to hear. I keep editing w/the thumbs, but after 10 days have totally blown the initial settings. I would prefer a list that settles down into my preferences and stops veering right back to the very songs I want to eliminate. Will it ever stop trying to lead me from blues to country then jazz then ... and so on?
  6. M-Land
    February 28, 2006 at 5:17am
    Pandora Crews: You don't know how much I can appreciate your creativity. Please keep on your great adventure, you never know there are people everywhere are listening.... Good Job and tahnk you from Taiwan!
  7. Joelle Welsh
    March 01, 2006 at 1:52am
    I love Pandora, it is fantastic I listen all day at work, it helps the hours go by. I was wondering if maybe in the future you will be able to create a favorites radio station? Keep up the fantastic work. Joelle
  8. Gina
    March 01, 2006 at 6:13am
    There has to be another way to let you know about songs that are not in your database. When I type in artists like "Sandra" or "Becca", I just get "did you mean....". How do I let you know the artist I really do mean? Occasionally it will say it found nothing and will consider adding the artist. The database is seriously lacking in Freestyle artists. I can't think of how many artists I have put in and they aren't found.
  9. buster
    April 10, 2006 at 8:58pm
    love it! a stand alone player would be an awesome improvement! ideally it would replace my iTunes, and be capable of playing my library or streaming radio!! thanks for a great product! keep them coming!!
  10. Terence
    June 17, 2013 at 3:23am
    I’d always want to be updated on new articles on this site, saved them to my top picks!

Reply to jeannie Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )