There’s quite a bit of refinement and UI polish that went into this release. There are probably 20 little things that have changed in the UI to make the experience of using Pandora just a little nicer. For example, the player finally gives you an idea of how long it’s going to take to finish loading when you first visit the site. When you email a station to a friend, there’s a confirmation panel to tell you that it’s on its way. When you mouse over a song “slide” you get a little halo to let you know that something will happen when you click. In fact, there’s a halo effect on lots of things. Truth be told, we went a little halo crazy this release.
We love this stuff, and we have a list a mile long of other little things we want to refine. You can bet that we’ll be working on these over time. The thing is that we really want your experience with Pandora to be an entirely delightful one and we’re big believers that the little stuff really does matter.

Comments

1. Micha
    February 02, 2006 at 5:08am
    "Halo" beloved Pandora-Crew! I am just reading what you guys changed over the past weeks and put into the new version of Pandora and I hope you don't me saying: that's awesome! It shows that you care a lot about your "baby" and that you guys aren't afraid of the little tings that just make a thing like this a special thing. One can clearly see that you are on your way for the top, I can tell...! Well, you do have my support and I won't stop telling my friends about you until they email me to stop cause I told them already three times. Well, no, not even then ;) Keep up the spirit and the good work and greetings from Germany, Micha
  2. vlad
    February 02, 2006 at 9:06am
    Just opened pandora this morning, and I'm extremely delighted to see the UI changes. I love the 'halos', they're pretty cool. And the load bar is gonna come in handy at school, where we have rather slow internet. Other than that there's still one thing that's not quite 'polished': to the left and 2-4 pixels below the "guide us" button the cursor changes to white (my deafault cursor). Also, in the 'edit account' menu, the button doesn't change on mouse-overs and mouse-down events, but those are just minor things I felt like pointing out. Otherwise, I love the project, and already discovered so many new artists that I like.
  3. Sushanth
    February 02, 2006 at 11:28am
    Hi there, my compliments for the great work you've been doing. This is a big thing just waiting to explode. I've told my friends, word will spread, it might just become as big as iTunes. All the best! Here are some suggestions for improvements.. See what you can do.. 1) Can you enable mouse scrolling using scroll wheel on moving the mouse on it for the list of radio stations on the left? 2) Can you introduce options to move stations up or down on the list? It would be great if you can introduce the above things.. All the best with the project!
  4. Sushanth
    February 02, 2006 at 12:06pm
    Also, how about displaying the name of the album below the name of the artist on the box?
  5. Shawn
    February 02, 2006 at 1:30pm
    Create New station window, the create button could use a halo & mouse-down change. :-)
  6. rich
    February 02, 2006 at 2:13pm
    First off, this is a wonderful idea and the interface design is extremely well done. I have one comment about song selection. I don't know where to state this other than here so... One reason why I like a lot of the music I like is because it has nonstandard instrumentation. It takes a lot for me to like music that is just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. I like violin and cello and flute and hurdy-gurdy and bagpipes and Theremin and all sorts of odd instruments. It is apparent from the music you have played when I chose Camper Van Beethoven (a group with violin in most songs and a slew of pseudo-ethnic instrumental adventures) and Rasputina (who have only cello and drums and vocals in most of their songs) that you must not be taking this factor into account. I think you should. Many thanks, r i c h
  7. Mike
    February 02, 2006 at 2:26pm
    One "little thing" I'd appreciate is some sense of how long a song is, ideally with a "how many minutes left" bar. I've heard so much interesting stuff in the short time I've been here. Many thanks!
  8. Todd
    February 02, 2006 at 5:13pm
    Thanks so much for your effort. Believe it or not I was turned on to your site by my 76 year old father. He has always been a tech geek, loves the latest thing. I love to work with tunes, and love to discover new music. Your site is truely brilliant. Listening, I'm reminded of the years when I used to go into the record shop and randomly picked out vinyl just because I liked the cover. I always loved to find a new gem that noone had heard of YET. ... So far your site has provided a bunch of great new artists to me. I am really enjoying the music that your software suggests. Regardless of genre I find tons I like. I have purchased a bunch of new discs based on what was suggested. Keep up the great work. Todd
  9. Brennan
    February 02, 2006 at 6:38pm
    The interface is simple. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to operate Pandora - nuff' said! :)
  10. r.t barton
    February 03, 2006 at 1:21am
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! -THANK YOU

Reply to Vikesh Sharma Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )