Spent a wonderful evening with Jeff and Stephanie at a cozy NY cafe – lots of great feedback and ideas from these two thoughtful and enthusiastic Pandora listeners… Thanks you guys for taking the time. It’s made me eager for the next gathering. We’re thinking of a Southern states swing in March… starting in TX. Let me know if you want to host one.
Also, tomorrow we’re going to be on Air America – Rachel Maddow did the interview in NYC. Rachel rocks… It’s scheduled for 2:30pm EST as part of the “Al Franken Show.’ Info on their website. http://shows.airamericaradio.com/alfrankenshow/

Comments

1. morris
    January 07, 2006 at 6:10pm
    Superb. You guys have managed to achieve what many services have claimed to do in the past. I am addicted.
  2. Paddy O’ Poppycock
    January 07, 2006 at 8:39pm
    Not only is Pandora a great service, I truly respect the voice of the site. Friendly, knowledgable, engaging. It's obvious the listener comes first with Pandora. I sent your site around to fellow music freaks at my company in November after reading your Fast Company article. The Pandora Player continues to be everyone's favorite. One thought we all had - renaming your "Minimize" button to something a bit more intuitive. "Undock player" might be an alternative. Regarding advertising - I'm crossing my fingers you will not launch audio ads without a variety of committed sponsors. A number of us stopped using both AOL Radio and Launch as a result of hearing the same spot 5-10 times in an hour. (My parents didn't nag me as a teen as often as Yahoo was telling me last year to upgrade my Launch service for the cost of a cup of coffee. I hate repetition. Also, coffee.) It is my assumption that you have some of the smartest, highest earning consumers on the Web listening to your terrific service. What a wonderful thing it would be to have equally smart sponsors who respect and understand this online medium and its intelligent listeners. Yes, I live in a dream world. With rivers filled with delicious, chocolatey Ovaltine. Soundtrack by Pandora. Thanks for the great service. And best of luck - looking forward to seeing what's next!
  3. paik
    January 07, 2006 at 8:54pm
    The best software out there right now. Intuitive, and powerful... Don't mess up like others did. Stay with your original mantra.
  4. vreet
    January 08, 2006 at 3:45am
    I know many radio station sites which help find similar music like this one, but I feel Pandora is the best with the no-nonsense approach. I seriously have no idea how long I have been listening, or how I bumped into this gem in the web. One thing for sure that, me being outside the US, it was not through Air-America. Maybe I like music THAT much? Thank you, and keep streaming! PS: I hope you guys do something about allowing non-US residents. Surely audio streaming regulations are much more relaxed outside the US as there are only few listeners of English songs comparatively (for example, me!)
  5. mimi, poland
    January 08, 2006 at 6:00am
    I hate www.pandora.com :|
  6. owen.amends
    January 08, 2006 at 2:26pm
    A fellow NY'er just turned me onto your service today. I'm enjoying what I hear! FYI: I've been a Napster subscriber for 3 years. Your $36 deal is a steal.
  7. John Morton
    January 08, 2006 at 3:35pm
    Wow. This is an amazing service. I haven't even heard an ad yet, but I bought a subscription for a year. I'm here to stay if you guys (and gals?) are. Best of luck with Pandora.
  8. keith from ny
    January 09, 2006 at 7:01pm
    I don't impress easily (especially where websites are concerned) but Pandora is totally amazing. I discovered it a few days ago, and I've been telling everyone I know about it. I'm trying to figure out whether it will cost me a fortune because of all the great artists I'm discovering or if I'll just listen to my Pandora stations for the rest of my life (no doubt the artists and your sponsors would prefer the former). I just need to figure out how to install satellite broadband in my car. Sirius Shmirius... Seriously, thanks for this remarkable musical taxonomy you've so successfully undertaken, and keep up the good work! (and lotsa luck with Bach, Beethoven and Stravinsky) I'm sure I'll have some constructive complaints after I've lived with Pandora a while longer.
  9. trintessa
    January 10, 2006 at 2:01am
    Hi, I just wanted to say I'm in love with Pandora. Complete, wonderful love. Thank you.
  10. daria
    January 11, 2006 at 1:54pm
    your station is the BEST...thx...it is fun for one to make music with you & others.. pls. show me in how to e-mail my friends..thanks again forever daria......

Reply to c_bus Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )