Spent a wonderful evening with Jeff and Stephanie at a cozy NY cafe – lots of great feedback and ideas from these two thoughtful and enthusiastic Pandora listeners… Thanks you guys for taking the time. It’s made me eager for the next gathering. We’re thinking of a Southern states swing in March… starting in TX. Let me know if you want to host one.
Also, tomorrow we’re going to be on Air America – Rachel Maddow did the interview in NYC. Rachel rocks… It’s scheduled for 2:30pm EST as part of the “Al Franken Show.’ Info on their website. http://shows.airamericaradio.com/alfrankenshow/

Comments

1. l00n
    December 15, 2005 at 10:40pm
    This software is incredible. Thank you -- I will probably choose to purchase a paid subscription in the near future, though I might not mind advertisements. Radio gets one used to that sort of business model. A crucial add-on suggestion: I would be extremely interested in making direct use of the terminology the software displays when explaining a selection, and in particular, it would be nice to be able to choose some characteristic like "acoustic sonority" and have selections randomly played from that wide field. To be honest about it, I would happily accept a commercial before each song, if the software granted me that ability to explore a range entirely unfamiliar genres based on some singular quality that appeals to me. No radio broadcast could offer even remotely equivalent utility. Please pass these comments on to customer service or the appropriate department -- and good call promoting your service on Air America, sir, I learned of you from them and would not have found this service otherwise.
  2. Ed
    December 16, 2005 at 12:45pm
    I've got to agree, this software is really amazing. I've tried services that claim to do similar things (MSN and Yahoo both tried their hand at this) and they weren't nearly so good. I'd love to see some more modern folk in your collection, but I know you're probably working on that and every other genre you can get your hands on. And, again to agree with l00n, good score getting on Air America... that's how I found you too.
  3. Jacen
    December 16, 2005 at 1:13pm
    Air America got me dude. Within 5 minutes of the interview I had loged in created an account and started down the "fractal music jukebox" This is a fantastic idea. I've been listening for over an hour I think. Thank you for thinking 4th dementionally. I've already told everyone I know about it. We're on a quest to find the greatest misicannibus station ever!! LMAO Have a great one!
  4. Dee
    December 16, 2005 at 2:37pm
    I heard about your site today on Air America. I love it!!! Thank you for the opportunity to listen.
  5. Ryan
    December 16, 2005 at 3:30pm
    I also heard the interview on AAR, and am also already hooked on Pandora. Incredible stuff. Great work.
  6. Bill Wood
    December 16, 2005 at 7:54pm
    Pandora is great! Wish I could have joined you in NY. If you ever come to Philadelphia, I'd love to meet you. I've been using Pandora for several weeks now and have told many friends about it. There is one genre which I love and seems to be totally missing - what you might call ambient-atmospheric-electronic music. Artists in this genre include Steve Roach (http://www.steveroach.com/), Robert Rich, Suspended Memories, and Byron Metcalf. Can you take a look at these? Thanks! - Bill
  7. Dan
    December 16, 2005 at 8:35pm
    Me too! Signed up after hearing about it on AAR, server must have been overloaded, it promptly forgot me (or I typed in my pass word worng...(imagine that)). Already "discovered some wonderful music, I'm listening to Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" right now (nice). Figured I'd use the blog instead of customer support to make some comments and observations. Your player needs an EQ (actually my speakers need it) In one instance after entering a long song title the text in the dialog box went off the right hand side and I couldn't click on the choice. I noticed that there were a few song titles that weren't recognised, does your program make use of these entries? This application SCREEMS for a neural network type application, beyond music do you try to gage lyrics (poetic, subtile, visual)? The more parameters you can gage the more intresting the functionality will become. For example allowing users to select other stations from a list generated by the program, or, using these stations to pick yet unrated music. OMG Agenetha Falskog (ABBA?) singing "The Queen of Hearts is Back in Town" (Didn't know she was still making recordings...) Anaway, I really like the service, I wont mind the ads (1 in 3?) and as soon as I can find a job I can pay for premium services. Thanks...
  8. mogulhead
    December 16, 2005 at 8:47pm
    Heard about Pandora on Air America. I've been listening all night. I'm overjoyed at what I've heard. Started with typing in "Bad Brains" and the punk slection is impressive! Can't wait till I go down "The Mars Volta" road. Tom, let me know if you plan to come to Colorado, I'd like to shake your hand
  9. politica
    December 16, 2005 at 11:10pm
    Hello! I just wanted to say thank you for the great service. I set up a station for our small political site and have asked our members to make suggestions. It has resulted ina rather unique station covering a great deal of American music with some international influences. We'd be interested in helping you to get the word out. Just let me know how I can help.
  10. Matt Whelan
    December 17, 2005 at 8:03am
    Hey Pandora Team- I have been using Pandora for a few weeks now, and have to say it has become my music player of choice. I dedicated a post in my blog to discussing your little music player (http://www.mattwhelandesigns.com/blogarchivequery.php?postnumber=16). The only reason I would abandon Pandora at this point is if the ads became too frequent. If you ever make it to Minneapolis, I'll buy you a beer (or a soda).

Reply to sweetnwild Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )