Depending on your point of view, the original Pandora.com was either a fun retro homage to iTunes circa 1998, or maybe the best use of Khaki on the Internet — or maybe your view is that it has a face that only a mother could love. Well, tonight we’ve pulled the covers off an entirely new Pandora.com. One that lets us tell the story of Pandora Everywhere while delivering a more compelling, more beautiful experience on the web. Hope you enjoy it!

Comments

1. Kenneth
    May 27, 2007 at 5:01pm
    Tom, I just want you to know that i like jazz and music is great. Now, where do i get the Pandora for Sonors to use in the home?
  2. Mike
    May 30, 2007 at 6:14am
    new site looks great but i think it would look neater if it were centralised. great work though :-)
  3. Craig
    May 31, 2007 at 9:43am
    IMHO.. It now looks to me like every other ipod spin-off design; in doing so it does not do justice to Pandora as a totally different (fantastic) way of listening to music, although I appreciate the design probably serves its purpose. Anyhow, as others have pointed out, what it does is far more important than how it looks. it could be black with dark grey buttons and it wouldn't really matter. I'm still blown away on a daily basis by music that i'd never heard before, and to me that's what makes it great.
  4. Tracey
    May 31, 2007 at 10:41am
    The new look is great! I was surprised when I opened it up! I do have to agree with an earlier comment that it would be cool to be able to customize it ourselves. But for your efforts- 2 thumbs up!
  5. Doug
    June 01, 2007 at 1:39pm
    Hmm. Ok right off the bat big problem. All my text is whote!!. I hope I am spelling all this correctly. Ok yes I'm ruunning mac OS 9.2 on Netscape 7, but I NEVER had a problem with the old site, EVER. It was one of the best sites to integrate old, new, mac, windows systems, didn't matter. While I understand that people would like the new bubbly interface, the old one was easier to see on laptop screens and when it's bright out, and easier to navigate since for negative reason number two: Why am I getting ghost, or random open one second, closed the next, pop up windows. I can't even read them all the way through since they close so quickly. I know that one said something about a registration number? anyway, bring back Khaki!!!!
  6. Richard Schafer
    June 02, 2007 at 10:09pm
    Everyone's talking about the "new look"... Is it just me or is the method for choosing songs (algorithm?) greatly improved... I am so much more liking the song selections for my station since the new look was implemented...
  7. Ryan
    June 06, 2007 at 7:10am
    I actually liked the old interface better, and since you have updated it, the songs that I had marked as Thumbs up come up less and less, and songs that I dont like come up more and more. Was there a change to how that worked...?
  8. jafelds
    June 08, 2007 at 11:00am
    I would like to be able to launch the minimized player without having to load the main window - under the old interface the minimize button at least came up quickly. Now I have to wait for the player to come up in the main window and choose a song before the minimize button appears; then the minimized window has to do the same thing.
  9. iloveday
    June 09, 2007 at 4:07am
    Just discovered Pandora is accessible again after being off-limits for UK. I missed it - so glad you're back. As for the new design, its simply 'OK' but I didnt see much wrong with the old one because the whole point is the music, right? my only worry is the more complicated you make it and the more features and options you add the less simple and intuitive it becomes Remember - the secret of a great site is KISS (Keep it Simple, Stoopid)
  10. Why doesn’t this blog know my identity?
    June 12, 2007 at 4:15pm
    I would gladly trade the new "look" for a faster interface. As Ryan said, now I have to wait for the whole page to load before I can click on the "prettyized" mini-player button. Then I get to watch it all load all over again. Why????? Why don't you folks make a functional upgrade instead of a cooler looking one? Like many others posting, I could care less about prettiness. The usability though, that I care a lot about. Why didn't this upgrade allow me to choose what music criteria is important to me? For instance, I have a station based on Crystal Method, and I'm constantly having to get rid of songs with a bazillion beats per minute. I don't like any song that has to rely on hyper speed, but allegedly, Pandora says that I like them, based on my criteria. Better yet, did this upgrade get rid of playing songs that sound just like the one I gave a "thumbs down" to before it? That flaw alone was enough to keep me from resubscribing (of course, I found out later I didn't have to, as my CCard was charged automagically). Also, what about lower bandwith streams? Bill Goldsmith at RadioParadise has gotten incredible sound quality from streams as low as 40k. It used to be a moot point with me, but since Hughesnet changed their bandwidth policies, a 128k stream is no longer an option for me. If your gonna upgrade something how about this blog? Is there any reason that I should have to enter my info when I'm already logged in? So it's pretty, BFD. Give me an upgrade that empowers me, not one that slows me down. Like waiting for the Sonos ad every damn time. Why is it on the player page, when I'm a paying customer? I can't imagine that enough of us are gonna run out and drop a grand, that it is worth having it right there. Can't ya just give me a link instead? Remember folks, form follows function. Why is this so hard?