Depending on your point of view, the original Pandora.com was either a fun retro homage to iTunes circa 1998, or maybe the best use of Khaki on the Internet — or maybe your view is that it has a face that only a mother could love. Well, tonight we’ve pulled the covers off an entirely new Pandora.com. One that lets us tell the story of Pandora Everywhere while delivering a more compelling, more beautiful experience on the web. Hope you enjoy it!

Comments

1. Leah
    May 24, 2007 at 6:32am
    Nate, that's a great idea! kagitsune, I'm a Firefox user too so thanks for figuring that out for me. Another feature I'd be interested in is a way to modify the criteria Pandora creates for a station. For instance, I love minor-key songs, but since most songs are in major, when I pick a group that I love for other reasons, Pandora makes major key a criterion... I'd love to be able to tweak that. But overall, I must say that Pandora is brilliant & magical & I'm so glad it exists to introduce me to new artists that I might never have discovered otherwise. And the new design looks great.
  2. Leah
    May 24, 2007 at 6:37am
    Oops, just realized I was looking in the wrong place-- so my last comments might have been confusing-- I meant Don & Anonymous not Nate & kagitsune.
  3. PY
    May 24, 2007 at 11:25am
    man, i'm going to miss the old interface... but the new look is really cool! well done
  4. Josh
    May 24, 2007 at 12:28pm
    Awesome! I can dig it.
  5. Vinoj
    May 24, 2007 at 1:35pm
    Great design!
  6. Roland
    May 24, 2007 at 6:04pm
    You know what would be cool if you could personalize the new look. Maybe give us the option to change the color or a new face for each user. Just like the M.S. Media Player. Just a thought, other than that. Alright the new look as grown on me, I admit it.
  7. John
    May 24, 2007 at 6:29pm
    i like that you're trying new things out. and some more options are now more obvious on the front page. i do, however, feel that shifting to almost all white makes it slightly harder to see the separation between the different panes. the color helped orient me to the different areas before. maybe the shading is a little too subtle?
  8. Tom Conrad
    May 25, 2007 at 6:23pm
    Great feedback here; thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts on the new design. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  9. Andy
    May 26, 2007 at 2:23pm
    I slightly prefer the old layout, but I like the new one as well. I do, however, agree with Mertseger: bring back the "stacks of CDs" graphic for missing albumn art! It's so much more interesting than the new blue gradient, and much more symbolic of Pandora. What's more important, however, is that the content is still the same. Keep up the good work!
  10. Adam
    May 27, 2007 at 3:45pm
    It looks a lot more "Mac"-y :) And yea, too bright...but yea, I'm like Don and Jay, who cares what it looks like? Great music is all I want ;)