Last week I shed a little light on what it’s like to be one of the people who analyzes all of the songs you hear on Pandora. Here’s a few more stations on which you can hear the musical skills of some of our Music Analysts. It’s fun for me to get to showcase such great and widely varied music, all coming out of the people in our office!
More next week…
René Peña-Govea (left, with Melody at right) sings and plays the accordion in her family band, La Familia Peña-Govea. You’ve got to hear this; it’s two parents and their two daughters playing traditional Colombian, Tex-Mex and Mexican music.
Ariah Firefly, up-and-coming pop star and long-time Pandoran, sings lush R&B-inflected pop that’s both ethereal and powerful. Take a listen: you’ll like it!
Darian Gray, one of our newest Analysts, is always smiling and always game. (we like that in our co-workers!) Dynamic is the name of his catchy band, which is R&B mixed with hip hop, rock and some drum and bass.
The Patrick Greene Trio , starring our own Analyst Patrick Greene, consists of Guitar, Organ, and Drums (aka GOD). Listen up for some, as he puts it, “Jazz Funk Post Bop Straight Ahead Modern High Energy Spiritual” music.
Happy Monday!
cheers, Lucia

1. rand
    July 18, 2006 at 10:59am
    Pandora is the ginchiest....It rocks....You have opened oh so many new doors. The Pandora T shirt is a winning idea...
  2. Chris
    July 29, 2006 at 5:24pm
    brilliant! im always searching for people that can widen my music collection. Though unfortuantley for me i am from canada. so if you guys could email me when you do suceed in expanding out of the usa, that would be apriciated. thnx!
  3. James
    August 01, 2006 at 3:02pm
    Could you work on getting some native american music on you site.
  4. Leannan
    August 16, 2006 at 8:23am
    I'm so glad that I found out about this website. I am SO loving it! You guys are doing a fabulous job, and I love almost all of the songs that are suggested. My Linkin Park station is outstanding! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. Paul
    August 17, 2006 at 12:39pm
    Another suggestion: make "attributes" searchable, to allow your listeners to discover some other artists with desired attributes. Perhaps add a search on music genres, too. (Else, how can I find sea chanteys, otherwise?)
  6. Bob Saxon
    August 24, 2006 at 10:46pm
    When I don't like a song - I want to stop it right away. But there is no way to do that. Why not?
  7. markus
    September 13, 2006 at 7:29am
    perfect! best way to discover music, ever. one suggestion is to add a skip button, becouse sometimes i like to band but im not in the mude to listen to that one song.....
  8. bethany
    October 10, 2006 at 10:53am
    hi this is cooooolllll! please send me more imfo
  9. Smorlock
    October 17, 2006 at 4:04pm
    So, look, I think Pandora is one of the coolest things I've come across on the web, but I don't understand what's taking so long to get streaming rights in Canada. I'd really like to enjoy it. Now I don't know the ins and outs of attaining these rights, but I've streamed alot of things off the web, and from some pretty low-quality sites, so I don't see why you guys can't seem to manage to stream in Canada. I mean I can stream the trial. What's the difference? Anyway, awesome site, just... honestly... how long can it take?
  10. aaron george
    October 27, 2006 at 4:54am
    hey this anit a bad station so whoever dises it then you should get the hell off the station and never come back.. lol but overall i love this station i listen to it any time i can.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )