Last week I shed a little light on what it’s like to be one of the people who analyzes all of the songs you hear on Pandora. Here’s a few more stations on which you can hear the musical skills of some of our Music Analysts. It’s fun for me to get to showcase such great and widely varied music, all coming out of the people in our office!
More next week…
renemelody.jpg
René Peña-Govea (left, with Melody at right) sings and plays the accordion in her family band, La Familia Peña-Govea. You’ve got to hear this; it’s two parents and their two daughters playing traditional Colombian, Tex-Mex and Mexican music.
Ariah Firefly, up-and-coming pop star and long-time Pandoran, sings lush R&B-inflected pop that’s both ethereal and powerful. Take a listen: you’ll like it!
Darian Gray, one of our newest Analysts, is always smiling and always game. (we like that in our co-workers!) Dynamic is the name of his catchy band, which is R&B mixed with hip hop, rock and some drum and bass.
The Patrick Greene Trio , starring our own Analyst Patrick Greene, consists of Guitar, Organ, and Drums (aka GOD). Listen up for some, as he puts it, “Jazz Funk Post Bop Straight Ahead Modern High Energy Spiritual” music.
adam.jpg
Happy Monday!
cheers, Lucia

Comments

1. David G
    July 12, 2006 at 8:13am
    Just downloaded pandora and love it. It gives an old guy like me (53) a chance to hear music that sounds like the stuff I like but that wasn't recorded prior to 1985 like the rest of my cd collection.
  2. barbara
    July 12, 2006 at 1:50pm
    OUTSTANDING...KEEP IT GOING I LOVE THIS.
  3. Julian
    July 13, 2006 at 8:28am
    I just stumbled across Pandora the other week and have really enjoyed listening to it. I love the variety and its been great to find a few new bands that I haven't heard before. I wonder though - is including David Hasselhoff in the music library taking diversity too far? Giving the Hoff the thumbs down was moderately satisifying but it was still the most painful 30 seconds I've had in a long time! Love your work though - is there a way for listeners to recommend new bands?
  4. Bruno
    July 14, 2006 at 12:06am
    Would be nice with you moderate the level of musics. When it change from ao song to another its noticible the difference from one to another...
  5. Geoff Thomas
    July 14, 2006 at 5:40am
    Hi, A really good service, I have recommended you to many of my pals!! Is it possble to have a radio interface without any other screen distractions? Keep up the good work! Regards Geoff T
  6. gigi
    July 14, 2006 at 4:04pm
    PANDORA Music Project Greetings From Manila ,Philippines Thanks for ur good music!!!
  7. B2
    July 15, 2006 at 11:35am
    URDABEST!!!
  8. Angela
    July 16, 2006 at 1:11pm
    I just got hooked up with Pandora from my young brother-inlaw and I think...It ROCKS! Awesome idea! Great Tunes! Thanks for all your work! Regards Angela B.C., Canada :)
  9. Chellsey
    July 16, 2006 at 7:43pm
    Hey, this is really cool, i have told all of my friends and they are all signing up to! Adios! Chellsey
  10. John
    July 17, 2006 at 8:58pm
    Pandora is the perfect, new, original way to find and discover music that you never thought was out there. Like the music you hear or not, it helps you refine your musical taste while also perhaps broadening it at the same time. One word sums up the experience that Pandora offers you: Exposure.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w