My deepest thanks to everyone who has been so supportive these past few weeks as we’ve confronted the stunning development with the internet radio royalty rates. It has been very heartening for all of
us to experience such a groundswell of support from our listeners.
can3 180 x 150.gif
Today, in coordination with a fast growing consortium of webcasters big and small, commercial and non-commercial, we are launching a campaign to reverse this pending disaster.
I hope you’ll join us. To add your voice to this movement, please take a minute to sign the PETITION urging your representatives in congress to act at the new website Savenetradio.org.
And please share this petition link with friends: http://capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/issues/alert/?alertid=9631541
Our first goal is to demonstrate the magnitude of the injustice being committed here through the sheer volume of people it affects. We plan to rapidly follow this effort with the introduction of a bill in congress to protect ourselves once and for all from these predatory maneuvers.
The last couple weeks have made it quite clear to us that it’s going to take nothing short of a major public outcry to reverse the results of this concerted campaign by the RIAA to shutter internet radio.
As awareness of this ruling and its consequences are spreading through the musicians’ community, we are being joined daily by hundreds of artists and their organizations for whom internet radio has become such a promising new outlet.
Thanks again for your wonderful and on-going support. I hope you will become an
active part of this effort.
Best regards,
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. aldel
    April 16, 2007 at 10:31am
    Why is the Copyright Royalty Board, apparently a government agency, involved at all in setting prices? Shouldn't that be up to the buyer and the seller?
  2. aldel
    April 16, 2007 at 10:33am
    By the way, and I apologize for being so picky, but I can't stand seeing people publish incorrect figures: the "300 to 1200 percent increase" seems wrong to me. Presumably the 300% comes from the fact that the standard per-song royalty will be "almost tripled", from .07 to .19 cents per song. But tripling would be an increase of 200%. The actual increase in this case would be about 171%. It doesn't affect the issue, of course, but it could be used to argue that SaveNetRadio.org is exaggerating the numbers.
  3. April
    April 16, 2007 at 10:43am
    Hi, I signed! I hope this is enough. I'll pass it along to all my friends. It would suck to lose Pandora.
  4. April
    April 16, 2007 at 10:47am
    A thought, adding a little blurb and a link to the petition in your email signature is one easy and unobtrusive way to help get the word out.
  5. Seth
    April 16, 2007 at 4:01pm
    I signed it as well as e-mailed it to some friends and posted it on my FaceBook account.
  6. Colin
    April 16, 2007 at 5:13pm
    Can Canadians do anything to help?
  7. jafa
    April 16, 2007 at 5:21pm
    Hello, I would have liked to sign the petition, but it seems reserved to US citizens.
  8. joel
    April 16, 2007 at 7:27pm
    I've been listening to pandora for a while to satiate my never ending thirst for new music to get into.. and I'm really sad to hear about this new change... is there anyway those from outside the USA can help?
  9. Said
    April 16, 2007 at 9:08pm
    I've just signed the form not because of my future listening..I use Pandora twice a month, maybe less. I think this is unfair to charge the bill by 4. And I think government must NOT stand between buyer and seller. It's their own business. Gov gets its tax, what is enough for them!
  10. Jon
    April 16, 2007 at 11:33pm
    It may already be too late.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )