Update: On October 2nd and 3rd, 2006, I’ll be meeting listeners in both Amherst and Boston, respectively. The Amherst meet will be at the Red Barn Hampshire College, while the Boston event will be at MIT. Both begin at 7pm.
Join us and send an RSVP to tour@pandora.com with either ‘Amherst’ or ‘Boston’ in the subject line, depending on which meet you’ll attend!
In early October, I’ll be making a tour stop in Boston for a town hall meeting at night. I’m looking forward to meeting with Pandora listeners in The Walking City, and will try to hit some colleges too (I’ve heard there are few of ’em there). Any students with suggestions – we’re all ears! I would love to read tips and answer questions from locals in the comments section below.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Marc
    September 06, 2006 at 2:12pm
    This is incredible. Something to really be proud of. However, as I sit and work supporting Treo phones all day, I ponder the use of Pandora for these Windows Mobile and beyond (Blackberry, etc.) devices. We all had transistor radio technology in the 70's so why not with these mobile do-it-all devices? I see your hiring for a java developer so think you may have some plans for future development anyways. That is my two cents for global marketing.
  2. Tyler
    September 06, 2006 at 2:54pm
    It's a bit out of the way, but if you can get to western Massachusetts you should definitely come to UMass Amherst. We've got about 10,000 undergrad students here, and I'm sure most of them are interested in free music.
  3. Roon
    September 06, 2006 at 3:00pm
    Definitely in agreement with HadleyGrass. The big five colleges in Western MA (UMass Amherst, Amherst College, Holyoke, Smith and Hampshire) gives it a diverse crowd of young people (not to mention everyone else who lives around there and wouldn't care to drive 2 hours or so to get into Boston).. Just a thought though. Anyway, I LOVE the Pandora system, it's pure genius.
  4. marie
    September 13, 2006 at 1:25pm
    I just found you.. am I able to download songs for my ipod on this site? if so please review how... Thanks
  5. db
    September 14, 2006 at 1:45pm
    closer than western mass but with less total students is the university of massachusetts lowell, about 45 minutes north of boston. big music programs and an awesome radio station, too. you should stop by!
  6. litchik
    September 16, 2006 at 9:35pm
    You MUST check out Rooftop Suicide Club - they're out of New Bedford. Play there much, have played Lizard Lounge (best small venue for live music) in Cambridge and Bill's Bar, the Abbey, all areound B-town. If anyone local is at the Middle East, go see them. Great shows. You can check out Bourbon Princess, too. They've got Morphine's sax player! impressive tunes.
  7. Jon
    September 19, 2006 at 4:22pm
    Hello, I was wondering if you would be able to stop at Boston College. I am taking a History of Popular Music course and we are studying elements of music and Pandora is an excellent example for us to study and learn more about. Let me know if this could be possible and I can get you in touch with my professor. Thank you.
  8. Katelyn
    September 19, 2006 at 7:18pm
    I'm absolutely thrilled to hear about the forum in Western Mass! I agree with Juliet...how amazing would it be if I could just have you with me constantly? I try to get everything I hear anyway, so it'd be great to cut out the middle man. Something portable?
  9. Jane
    October 27, 2006 at 5:28pm
    Hey, Pandora, you have one amazing thing going here! I am an old grandmother who LOVES the blues, and can get tired of what Ive got on my iPod and my old tapes and records, as Ive played them so many times. So, I fire up your site, and listen to your/my customized music. Keep it up, you are the best! And when I hear something that I just must have, that I dont already have(which is a bit rare), I write it down and purchase it with my iTunes account. Ive sent your site to all my classmates too. Thank you!!!!! Jane
  10. Lady Ahimsa
    November 22, 2006 at 12:51pm
    Hey...Spent a delightful afternoon listening to a wonderful bunch of music. Saw a story in a business magazine about you. Found a lot of obscure 60s bands, loved how the system also figured out the "sound" that I preferred! If you come to Boston, or even if you don't, don't forget "The Boston Sound" much more than just Aerosmith... This is wonderful for a person with eclectic tastes, I spent the later afternoon listening to Tony Bennett, Regis Philbin (yes he was the "boy" band singer),Johnny Mathis. Can't wait to come back to work next week and plug in a few more band names. One suggestion, I know that there was also a big group of midwestern touring but obscure bands...Look for "These Vizitors" out of Indiana and others of the same period. Think Cowsills or other family bands.... Thanks Again

Reply to db Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )