Update: On October 2nd and 3rd, 2006, I’ll be meeting listeners in both Amherst and Boston, respectively. The Amherst meet will be at the Red Barn Hampshire College, while the Boston event will be at MIT. Both begin at 7pm.
Join us and send an RSVP to tour@pandora.com with either ‘Amherst’ or ‘Boston’ in the subject line, depending on which meet you’ll attend!
In early October, I’ll be making a tour stop in Boston for a town hall meeting at night. I’m looking forward to meeting with Pandora listeners in The Walking City, and will try to hit some colleges too (I’ve heard there are few of ’em there). Any students with suggestions – we’re all ears! I would love to read tips and answer questions from locals in the comments section below.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Prab
    August 23, 2006 at 12:11pm
    Two things... 1 - It would be nice to be able to just have a genre and listen to songs within it 2 - It would also be nice if there were a "so-so" choice, if i was just ok with the song i listened to... Otherwise great program!
  2. Elizabeth
    August 24, 2006 at 7:36am
    When in Boston, please please look for Stepanian and Tim Blane. Both really great performers. I simply can't get enough! Thanks for an amazing service.
  3. Daniel Barkowitz
    August 25, 2006 at 1:44pm
    Hey there! I work at one of those colleges and actually wrote a blog post all about Pandora (called "I'm All About the Thumpa-Thumpa or Opening Up Pandora's Music Box" in which I introduced your service and talked about the connections between the Human Genome and Music Genome projects... Anyway, would love to know when you are in Boston. Many of my students live by your service...
  4. [HMX]
    August 25, 2006 at 9:23pm
    i agree with adverserE sometimes it is pretty hard to determine the right radio station for me because i don't really know the artistis's style, i might like one of their song but other artists that are similar might not fit my taste. i dig club, trance, or just drum & bass but on pandora searching for DJs are kinda of hard, i would hope that pandora can improve these kinda genre really gald that you guys are coming to Mass.
  5. oak
    September 02, 2006 at 3:37pm
    I'm with TRISH: it would be awesome if you could expand Pandora into classical music as well. Even still, it's great, and I hope I'll be able to get to one of your stops in the Boston area. @Brandeis University
  6. John Wall
    September 03, 2006 at 5:13pm
    Looking forward to seeing you in Boston, we've got plenty of restaurants and live music. I'd like to get an interview if I could too.
  7. Heidi
    September 03, 2006 at 5:26pm
    Love, love, love this! Can't wait to see you in Boston to talk music! Two suggestions, at least one of which I've already seen posted: - have a "kinda" choice, in between thumb up and thumb down - add childrens' musicians; I was happy to find Dan Zanes, but so far only his folk stuff has come up. I would love to create a station for my 1yo son, with Zanes, Laurie Berkner, and others (could skip Raffi though). THANKS! Heidi in Boston
  8. HadleyGrass
    September 05, 2006 at 3:21pm
    Love the site guys as does, the wife. We use it at work all the time. You should make a trip to Western Mass, Northampton or Amherst, we have some groovy, smaht people out here as well. As for suggestions about the site, I'd like to see some classical/opera offered. I'll be in Italy in October with, the wife. Otherwise I'd be there at your powwow for sure. Keep up the good work.
  9. Juliet
    September 06, 2006 at 9:57am
    I just really want to chime in on two things, so that you start to build a consensus on these items: REPLAY BUTTON!!! and KINDA BUTTON (between thumbs up and thumbs down), as suggested by John Wall
  10. Juliet
    September 06, 2006 at 9:59am
    oops, i read the posts wrong. still new at this. Heidi suggested the kinda button. Gotta give the proper, ahem, props.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )