Update: On October 2nd and 3rd, 2006, I’ll be meeting listeners in both Amherst and Boston, respectively. The Amherst meet will be at the Red Barn Hampshire College, while the Boston event will be at MIT. Both begin at 7pm.
Join us and send an RSVP to tour@pandora.com with either ‘Amherst’ or ‘Boston’ in the subject line, depending on which meet you’ll attend!
In early October, I’ll be making a tour stop in Boston for a town hall meeting at night. I’m looking forward to meeting with Pandora listeners in The Walking City, and will try to hit some colleges too (I’ve heard there are few of ’em there). Any students with suggestions – we’re all ears! I would love to read tips and answer questions from locals in the comments section below.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. TRISH
    August 10, 2006 at 9:53pm
    WILL THERE BE WORLD MUSIC COMING SOON? I AM TALKING ABOUT MUSIC AND ARTISTS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES SUCH AS AFRICA, LEBANON, EGYPT, SWEEDEN, ETC. I NOW LISTEN TO ARTISTS SUCH AS FAIRUZ (LEBANON)AND AMR DIAB (EGYPT). THANX TRISH
  2. Elaine Shirron
    August 12, 2006 at 4:01am
    I was wondering why we can't access classical music with Pandora. I typed in "Mozart French Horn Quartets" and nothing came up. I'd love it if we could put in a category, and not just a title or artist. (For all I know, it's possible, but since I'm brand-new to this I haven't figured it out.) I love being able to have music in the background while I'm working. Thank you!
  3. Greg
    August 15, 2006 at 11:45am
    Pandora is by far the best free music source I've found on the Internet! Thank you all for the obvious hard work you've put in to make this possible. I was wondering if it'd possible to add a button that would allow us to replay songs upon request. I frequently step away from my desk at work and don't click the pause button, thereby causing me to miss a song I might like. Moreso, I might miss a song I do like but have to wait a good while before I have the chance to hear it again. Thanks, Greg in Boston, MA
  4. Magda Martinez
    August 15, 2006 at 7:27pm
    Saw your ad on the Sunday paper and I am in love with it. I can' believe no comercials!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the good work. Magda
  5. Ric
    August 17, 2006 at 8:35am
    How do we find out about the Pandora forum in Boston. I'd love to be there.
  6. Cynthia Webster
    August 17, 2006 at 12:04pm
    I've been able to listen to artists I've forgotten about for years! This is fabulous. I would be helpful to delete stations. Also I agree a replay button would be great. Thanks for your great work!
  7. ipot
    August 18, 2006 at 8:02am
    Check out this bar called "Toad" - good local bands play there every night. It's in Porter Square in Cambridge.
  8. Rick
    August 20, 2006 at 12:18pm
    Looking forward to the October visit. Let us know when you are coming!
  9. Patricia
    August 21, 2006 at 9:13pm
    There are quite a few colleges in boston and if you're doing any sorta of musical tasty event, i'll definatly be there. or if you felt like traveling outside the city a bit, you could visit my college. : ) eh?eh? Patricia Fitchburg State College
  10. AdverseE
    August 22, 2006 at 8:24am
    Please let us know where you'll be for the Pandora get-together...I'd be interested if I could find the time... Also, feature request... how about more than just the top 20 Pandora stations to choose as shared station, especially since most of those are just artist-based stations that anyone can program themselves. My suggestion would be to allow users to choose whether they want to share their stations publicly, and if so, make those stations searchable by name or artists included. For instance, I'm listening to international pop overthrow right now. I chose it because it sounded actually programmed by a human, not just a random station like 'wilco station.' anyway, great site, keep up the good work!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )