Update – We’ve finalized details for our Michigan town hall:
WHEN: Wednesday, October 18th, 2006 at 6 pm
WHERE: MSU Campus: International Center, Spartan Rooms B & C
125 International Center
East Lansing, MI 48824
Just send an email to tour@pandora.com with “MSU” in the subject line to RSVP for the event.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Michigan. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Detroit for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to schedule a meetup with Pandora student listeners at nearby Michigan State University during the day. Going to be at UofM on the 19th for a town hall meeting. Think I might stick around for UofM-Iowa on Saturday! If you have any suggestions for destination, things to do, etc, drop me a comment below. I’m looking forward to making the most out of my time there! Thanks.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Katiegirl
    September 19, 2006 at 2:14pm
    Lots of mentions for the college towns but I have to echo what another user mentioned, Royal Oak. It's just north of Detroit and definetly has the best nightlife around. It's kind of like a post college town, tons of 20-30 year olds. Good bars, live music, clubs and if it's not too cold out when you come the streets will be buzzing with people out on the town. I highly recommend you stop by.
  2. Kristin
    September 19, 2006 at 6:54pm
    Definitely drop by MSU. It's a beautiful campus and there are 45,000 students who would be eager for a change, since the stations around are pretty awful.
  3. Paul
    September 24, 2006 at 11:42am
    HEY PANDORA CREW !!! My name's Paul aka Ghetto Hip-P I am an underground artist from DETROIT i.e. (painter,poet,musician,graphic web/designer) when not laboring as a floor refinisher and carpenters helper by day to support my son & wife... I am 29 years old and have lived all over Detroit... got friends and aquaintances of the artistic and musical type all over the metro-area from uptown to downtown from hiph up to down and dirty... for instance: Parents Choice Gold medal Winner:Mello D's Youth Under Construction youngpop.com a site with php content management that I set up for my friend mello-D ..I also painted props for thier stage sets and designed logos fliers and many other media credentials. Detroit has a huge underground art scene which is really the roots of the uprising commercial face of detroit (i.e. KID ROCK, EMINEM,WHITE STRIPES, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT,BOB SEGAR). In this city I hopelessly LOVE we have had legendary music come and die... with barely a whisper...I have already been promoting your site since I found out about the scientific nature of your musical journey. I would love to entertain you guys while you are in detroit. I can entertain you with food &accomodations in my big mexican town home ((safe!!! ghetto area nicely restored historic with wireless internet, laptops,digi cameras,comforts((good cookin BY ME))and eatin in mexican town with MERIACHIs & Magritas. I got friends of interests which are mutually beneficial and positive. I know the town from top to botttom and can have multiple friends tackle the task of getting you whereever you want to go. I personally would not like to exlude you from anything...for weeks I've been telling everyone who I know about your coming...a small time musical events promoter whom I work with has been a camera woman for over a decade and has a strong relationship with comcast and channel 4...I think she and some of her aquaintances would like to talk to you briefly...She did the last living interview with Eminems boy Proof who says our homeboy ZIAM (detroits hip Hop fashion artist)) was much of his inspiration. I make a lot of music myself and I record too ...but thats just for entertaining my closest friends and guests...there are way too many that inspire me here....but some of my closest friends inspire me the most.. I could go on forever....and lead you to the fact that coming this time of year in detroit you've just misssed the biggest musical events that this city and metro area offfer...concert of colors, tastefest,movement,blowout,dalley in the alley, fourth street fair and too many more to mention. But the bright side is that the cold chill in the air will give you a feel for where the general creativity comes from for an artist in this town...the will to survive after being outcast from the spinning wheel of the automotive industry. Some sites I set up in my spare time for some friends... jazzjewelsinternational.com youngpop.com silverspine.com rockyfordstudio.com just started working thecominghollow.com/the_hollow SOME OTHER PEOPLE THAT COME TO MY MIND you might like to meet. I know the Technical Director at CCS (College for Creative Studies) Todd Erikson ...he can arrange a student body audience at the school... and Wayne state University is down the street....I do not know anyone there but did attend and know the campus a little...and delivering fine art for a living I have been in their galleries often. I could go on and on....that's the reason I have been procrastinating about this email...I would make a full effort of giving as non-bias and honest depiction of whats happening in detroit with ARt and Music. Just let me know...you want to be here for an extended weekend ...and we will set up a book of events for you and let you revise it...or somethiong like that...we won't waste your time... psmungar@yahoo.com is my pandora login P
  4. Jude
    September 28, 2006 at 10:01pm
    When in Detroit you really ought to go where Detroit REALLY parties - across the river in Windsor, Ontario!! There's a huge number of Pandora-lovers here, and you'd be hitting a Canadian stop. It's extremely safe, just a tad on the wild side, depending where you go. We also house the only cross border radio stations in the area, having offices on both sides of the border and catering to all genres. You could meet your Detroit audience and be in a foreign country at the same time,.. And thanks Pandora, for giving me my music back!! All the stuff I lost when I got divorced is back on my computer! Greatly, greatly appreciated!!
  5. zac pavlov
    October 13, 2006 at 3:02pm
    If you get a chance, stop in lansing on a monday, at the Green Door, and check out steppin' in it. They're a local cult following
  6. Angel
    October 15, 2006 at 12:39pm
    Many have posted comments about Ann Arbor. The Ark and Blind Pig are wonderful,as is Ann Arbor as a whole, but please do make it a point to try DETROIT. Bakers Keyboard Lounge is legendary. There are other places with some REALLY good acts playing while you are here... The Magic Stick (in Detroit), The Magic Bag (in Ferndale), Fifth Avenue Ballroom (2 locations- Detroit and Royal Oak), Majestic Theater (street level to the Magic Stick), St. Andrews Hall, & the State Theater are all wonderful venues for concerts!! I am sure you are familiar with the Jambase website. If not, check there, do some reading, and see some shows in DETROIT! Also check the Metrotimes.com and see what's happening in Detroit--that's how we find out what's to do here! Shop at Somerset Mall in Troy or Fairlane Mall in Dearborn. Look up Pure Detroit or Made in Detroit clothing. Have some 24 hr coney island food. Eat at Beverly Hills Grille on Southfield rd. btwn 13 & 14 MILE. The revolving restaurant in the Rennaisance Center. Take a Diamond Jack's tour on the Detroit River. Gamble and listen to good local music at MotorCity Casino on Grand River-Downtown Detroit (see me there I'm a dealer ;o)lol). Go to Bert's Warehouse-downtown Detroit and experience (as close as possible now) what a rave in Detroit is like. Have sushi at Oslo, but U missed DJ Stacey Pullen who lives here and is great! Try to see Ritchie Hawtin, just go to Windsor, drive across the Ambassador Bridge to Canada and come back thru the tunnel (under the Detroit River). Toya's spot in Detroit on Sunday for open mic hip-hop. Drive through Belle Isle downtown. Ride the people mover. See Hart Plaza. Hard Rock Cafe is finally here too. dRIVE DOWN 8 MILE and see what Eminem is talking about. Go to RECORDTIME and buy music & see DJ's spin-it's in Roseville. See a movie at the Palladium and then have coffee at The Java Hut-both are in Birmingham. Or a classic movie at the Redford Theater in Detroit. Laser show at Cranbrook Museum? The Detroit Institute of Arts has music parties on Friday nights sometimes. Eat at Pizza Papalis Downtown Detroit (Yummy!) Or Xochimilco for mexican in Mexicantown. Check out JAMBASE.COM and METROTIMES.COM and pick something!! I support seeing Jambands-where ever you go PLEASE!!! Becuz they are (mostly) not mainstream, do not EASILY have genres, and you FEEL MUSIC like never before! They need you to see them and put them on Pandora. Hot Buttered Rum @ the Ark-10/17. Widespread Panic 10/20 @ the State Theater. Bump @ 5th Ave in Detroit 10/20. This is Motown. Motorcity. ROCK CITY! Techno's birth rights...home. Music is here...EVERYWHERE. In the city too. It's not just Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, or Ferndale (though it's there and does make up Detroit also). See it. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful time while you are here. And when you come back (as I am hoping you will so I can attend and not be working), I can't wait to talk to you about what you want to be sure to attend. P.L.U.R. Thank you Pandora.
  7. JC
    December 03, 2006 at 7:38am
    Try Traverse City in the summer. I would be glad to direct you to a resteraunt depending on what your favorites happen to be. Tons of aspiring artist here and something for just about everyone
  8. michele
    December 08, 2006 at 4:31pm
    I love this! It would be great to play an entire album - please make it possible! Thanks M
  9. Jay Ramsey
    December 30, 2006 at 7:53am
    Oh man, where do I start. Gotta check out Corktown Tavern Downtown Detroit but thats every second saturday of the month which is Hot House night, One of the most well known record stores in the metro area Memories n Melodies, Crave Lounge in Dearborn one of the hottest house music spots, Club FT's in Roseville every monday night. The Metro times or Real Detroiter should have plenty of great places to hear the sounds of Detroit.
  10. jj
    January 06, 2007 at 2:32pm
    ok here we go again. I love what you folks are doing but make sure you make it real. If you have not grown up with the spirit and the good to great music in your veins that is ok. Take note from the people that do.

Reply to stevie w. Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )