Update – We’ve finalized details for our Michigan town hall:
WHEN: Wednesday, October 18th, 2006 at 6 pm
WHERE: MSU Campus: International Center, Spartan Rooms B & C
125 International Center
East Lansing, MI 48824
Just send an email to tour@pandora.com with “MSU” in the subject line to RSVP for the event.
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Michigan. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Detroit for a town hall meeting, and would love the opportunity to schedule a meetup with Pandora student listeners at nearby Michigan State University during the day. Going to be at UofM on the 19th for a town hall meeting. Think I might stick around for UofM-Iowa on Saturday! If you have any suggestions for destination, things to do, etc, drop me a comment below. I’m looking forward to making the most out of my time there! Thanks.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. steve
    August 10, 2006 at 5:41pm
    hey man check out MSU as well
  2. D
    August 11, 2006 at 9:05pm
    While in Michigan you have to stop by a Jazz legend in Detroit - Bakers Keyboard Lounge - http://www.bakerskeyboardlounge.com/ One of Detroits finest! And if you have time the Motown Muesum will give you some background on what R & B Soul really means. http://www.motownmuseum.com/mtmpages/index.html
  3. JERRI
    August 12, 2006 at 10:12am
    HEY! DON'T FORGET ABOUT US IN KALAMAZOO, MI. I AM A STUDENT AT WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY AND WE LOVE YOU HERE AS WELL. IF YOU GO TO DETROIT OR U 0F M, YOU WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO KAZOO. DON'T PASS US BY. HOPE TO SEE YA IN OCTOBER.
  4. <><
    August 13, 2006 at 4:32pm
    Go Blue !!! Us Retirees up in the woods of Northern Michigan listen too. Great concept - Keep it up
  5. jp
    August 14, 2006 at 2:42pm
    come up to central it's a hell of a lot better than western. much better and cooler woman. holla at us
  6. Chris
    August 15, 2006 at 8:50am
    Haha... Kzoo is exactly NOT close to Detroit or Ann Arbor. ;o) I realized I missed you guys while you were in NYC (in June sometime, I think), so I'm glad to see that I'll be able to catch ya in Ann Arbor. Great work!
  7. propstm
    August 16, 2006 at 6:58am
    Another mention for coming to the west side of the state. I'm over at Grand Valley University in Grand Rapids.
  8. Leesha
    August 16, 2006 at 9:45am
    Love the Pandora project.. but how come we cannot make our own playlists? When you bookmark 10-20 songs sometimes you just want to listen to those songs :-) and you need to add Adriana Evans to your music database!!! Looking forward to seeing you at U of M... Once again great idea.. can't live without it now...
  9. Curt
    August 17, 2006 at 7:18am
    Stop by the Ark, the best music venue in Ann Arbor, http://www.theark.org. (Cowboy Junkies are playing Oct 21.) Eat lunch or dinner at the Fabulous Food Bar at the People's Food Co-Op, http://www.peoplesfood.coop/monthlymenu.html.
  10. Geoff
    August 17, 2006 at 4:00pm
    I'm a student at U of M, and I thought I'd share a few ideas for your stop in Ann Arbor. First off, in addition to The Ark (which Curt mentioned), stop at The Blind Pig. It's practically legendary around Ann Arbor - Nirvana once called it their favorite venue, and George Thoroughgood filmed the video for "Treat Her Right" there. http://www.blindpigmusic.com/ I also suggest a walk around campus; there's a lot to see and do, a lot of scenery to enjoy. I especially recommend the Diag and the Law Quad, and the shops around Central. North Campus has some scenery too, but otherwise it's pretty dead. Nichols Arboretum is nice too, though things start to die when you get into the fall. Check it out if you want, it's a gamble around the time you're coming.

Reply to Randy Poole Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )