Update – The Columbus town hall is set! Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday, October 16th, 2006 at 7pm
WHERE: Milo Arts
617 East Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “Columbus” in the subject line. Hope to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Ohio. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Columbus for a town hall meeting (tentatively at the Milo Arts studios), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Ohio State University. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on this or other college campuses (we’re open to all suggestions!), whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Love spending time with students.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. edit_rrrr
    September 12, 2006 at 11:26am
    I am located near Dayton, but distance to Columbus or Cincinnati is no obstacle--my enthusiasm for Pandora is boundless! However, I am not a college student, and I wonder whether you are interested in hearing from your aficionados in the 30+ (yeah, well, okay, 50+) age-range demographic as well. I suspect there are plenty of us (and we appear to be well represented in your musical offerings, too). If you happen to need a geezerette to get the word out (lead an appropriately focused tour, organize events, whatever), I'd be delighted to assist.
  2. nicholas Radina
    September 12, 2006 at 9:45pm
    Latin Music in Cincinnati! We have a great live Latin music scene in Cincinnati! * Can't go wrong with Monday nights @ Mad Frog in Clifton (Near University of Cincy) w/ Tropicoso * Saturdays @ The Tropicana is also a very hot spot with large Salsa bands sunch as Tropicoso, Son Del Caribe & Salsa Caliente! * Check out CincyLatino.com for schedules! Have a great trip and I hope to see you in Cincy! p.s. I'm a musician wih Tropicoso...!
  3. Rich Deger
    September 13, 2006 at 10:41am
    Hope to see you in Cleveland. The Rock Hall of Fame would be a good site. Or perhaps a more central site like Kent State University, which is more or less between Cleveland and Akron, would attract a larger crowd.
  4. Megan
    September 14, 2006 at 12:24pm
    You have to check out Kenyon College. It is super hip and I know people would really dig hearing about Pandora there. Get in touch with Andrew Irvin - irvina@kenyon.edu, he's a junior who basically runs Kenyon's music scene outside of the music department. Awesome. Thanks!
  5. Dr Ray Beiersdorfer
    September 14, 2006 at 5:14pm
    I can hook you up at Youngstown State University. I'm a professor there and friends with the head of Student Activities.
  6. Ron Whitmer
    September 14, 2006 at 7:11pm
    Plenty of great music has come out of Ohio in the R-N-R Era to be sure. Hard to believe no one has suggested Akron. Hometown of: Devo, Chrissie Hynde, James Ingram, The Black Keys, Tin Huey, The Waitresses, Jason Arthur, Tim Easton, Rubber City Rebels, David Allan Coe, Ruby & the Romantics, Howard Hewitt, the Bizarro's, Rachel Sweet, Liam Sternberg (Producer/Writer), 15-60-75 and many others. Kent State and the University of Akron are large schools with many venues on and off campus. The Kent Stage hosts many national acts in an intimate setting. Akron has two fabulous theatres for great concert experiences...Civic Theatre and EJ Thomas Hall.
  7. Emily
    September 18, 2006 at 2:00pm
    I vote Cleveland! I am much closer to Cleveland than I am to Cinci. The Rock Hall is amazing and there is so much to do in Cleveland! Or you could even make a stop here in Akron! :D
  8. John Locke
    September 19, 2006 at 6:49am
    Hi I run an Open Mike night In South Bloomfield just south of Columbus. You would be welcome to call in there. I am also President of the Columbus Folk Music Society so I could put you in touch with some very good musicians. Stagecoach BBQ 5003 N Walnut Street South Bloomfield 43103 Every Thursday Night from 6pm 740 983 2727 or e mail me john@AnEnglishmanAbroad.com
  9. Sean
    September 19, 2006 at 1:02pm
    Dayton has a great, very compact, music scene. Canal Street Tavern and the Oregon District. Unfortunately, our best local band, Homeland, is taking a break right now. However, I'd be happy to share their CD's with you in anticipation of their January return.
  10. Alan
    September 20, 2006 at 6:05am
    I've recommended Cleveland before for all the reasons the others mention - and also for the CMJ Music Fest that you were too busy to catch on your way from NYC to Second City in June! So you want to hold audience with college students? Want seriously dedicated music fans? Looking for great insight into this lively, living, and legendary music scene? How about a small campus stop to balance a visit to mammoth OSU? I highly recommend a stop on the campus of Baldwin-Wallace College in suburban Berea - home of WBWC. "The Sting" has been the home of the famous Summer Marathon Series (18 hours of one artist) for 25 years running - plus some great specialty programming. I bet Todd Richards, host of Running Late (runninglate.org) would love to interview you - free publicity! (disclaimer: I am *not* affiliated with the station, the college, or Running Late)

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )