Update – The Columbus town hall is set! Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday, October 16th, 2006 at 7pm
WHERE: Milo Arts
617 East Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “Columbus” in the subject line. Hope to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Ohio. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Columbus for a town hall meeting (tentatively at the Milo Arts studios), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Ohio State University. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on this or other college campuses (we’re open to all suggestions!), whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Love spending time with students.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Rachel
    August 31, 2006 at 3:52pm
    Yes...you should come to Cincinnati. I'm currently attending the College-Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati, and I can't think of a better stop on the the Pandora tour!
  2. Trinette
    September 01, 2006 at 11:06am
    I third the Cincinnati comment! We have alot of music scenes here at every time of the year. Alot of Clevelanders come down here to get a start and vice versa. We have Jazz,Rock,Pop,ect. And alot of comedians. For local talent check out local pubs and local sites. Citybeat has alot. http://www.citybeat.com/current/index.shtml
  3. Heather
    September 02, 2006 at 8:49pm
    COME TO KENT!!!!
  4. Jill
    September 04, 2006 at 3:36pm
    LOVE Pandora...am spreading the word, starting with my college freshman daughter at Cincinnati Christian University and her friends, and my son in high school. Anyway, if you are traveling on I-70 East when you stop at Columbus, take a quick detour on 68 towards Xenia for a few miles, and you will come to a restaurant/mini-golf/ice cream place called Young's Dairy. Some of the best ice cream you will ever have...you won't be sorry.
  5. David
    September 05, 2006 at 2:01pm
    Another vote here for a visit to Cleveland! Just 1 request: Technically I don't know how difficult this would be, but, it would be nice to have an option on Pandora that a user could choose to screen out explicit lyrics. I LOVE Pandora, and I just think that would make it even better for those who don't want to hear explicit language. Keep up the amazing work!!!
  6. Shannon
    September 05, 2006 at 9:40pm
    Come to Ohio University in Athens Ohio. The music culture here is flourishing. You will have a great turn out.
  7. Lisa
    September 06, 2006 at 2:35pm
    Columbus is great for music!!! I saw a lot of larger venues listed, but some smaller ones include andyman's treehouse (has a tree growing in the center of the band room!), Carabar, Bourbon St., and Skully's. Please try to get some info on my fav. local band, MIRANDA SOUND, they've got three records out and are poised for nationwide distribution this winter. I would love to see/hear them on Pandora. You may also want to check out donewaiting.com, which is a great site for info on Columbus local music!! Thanks for being out there, I don't know how I'd get any work done without you guys!
  8. Sue
    September 07, 2006 at 12:44pm
    Cincinnati is where it's at. Stop by.
  9. Melissa
    September 11, 2006 at 6:51am
    We can't wait till you come to Columbus-if you need any help organizing anything just let me know!
  10. Lolly
    September 11, 2006 at 11:35am
    Cincinnati is boring and Cleveland is dirty (the river was so polluted it caught fire...)Columbus is central in Ohio and home to one of the biggest college/campus's in the world(?)You would get a much larger group of college-aged music addicts who would really help Pandora get more exposure. Hell, I don't even goto OSU, but there's five colleges besides OSU within this tiny city. I can't imagine how easy it would be to fill whatever venue you would choose down town. If all these Cleveland/Cincinnati junkies really appreciate Pandora, they'll make the hour drive here. No problems then. See ya soon!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )