Update – The Columbus town hall is set! Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday, October 16th, 2006 at 7pm
WHERE: Milo Arts
617 East Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “Columbus” in the subject line. Hope to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Ohio. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Columbus for a town hall meeting (tentatively at the Milo Arts studios), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Ohio State University. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on this or other college campuses (we’re open to all suggestions!), whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Love spending time with students.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Eddie
    August 19, 2006 at 8:35pm
    Cleveland is really pretty in the fall - and besides the Rock Hall of Fame, we have many wonderful spots for the Pandora tour. Plus, there is a thriving local music scene (I don't remember any bands that came out of Columbus). Check us out!
  2. Danielle
    August 20, 2006 at 9:45pm
    Check out Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. Though you wouldn't expect it, we have an amazing local music scene. I am a dj for the school station, and I find new local bands to interview every week. Some bands to check out if you are in the area - Southeast Engine, Jake Householder, Nostra Nova, The Princes of Hollywood, and Red Dahlia.
  3. Jessica
    August 22, 2006 at 11:28am
    Come to cincy there is alot more fan base here...
  4. Harlan
    August 28, 2006 at 8:54am
    After you hit Columbus and Athens, work out a circuit to hit Kent State and Youngstown State, Bowling Green, Toledo, and Detroit. Classical music lovers have to hear the Cleveland Orchestra in its own hall, stop by the Cleveland Institute of Music, and swing out to Oberlin for conservatory performances. Check out www.pluggedincleveland.com for the clubs and acts. You may want to arrange a visit to Cuyahoga Community College to learn about the Cleveland Jazzfest and Tri-C's approach to Rock and Roll pedagogy in conjunction with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 'Nuff said?
  5. Kristy
    August 28, 2006 at 1:00pm
    Hey another Clevelander here! If you guys come here that would be awesome. We have tons of places downtown! One suggestion I would do to improve the stations would be if a song pops up on one station and we would prefer it on a different pre-made station to be able to switch the song over to the other station. Keep up the good work and thanks! Kristy
  6. Anna
    August 29, 2006 at 7:41am
    I am in love with your site!! I just discovered it last week and I am recommending it to everyone!! I am very impressed with the selection you offer and am eager to purchase many cd's by the great new artists I've been introduced to thanks to you!! I am a native of the Cleveland area, but living in Cincinnati right now...I would love to see you come to Cleveland, Columbus, or Cincinnat...I'll make the trip to wherever. Thanks again!!
  7. Terri
    August 30, 2006 at 10:32am
    WOW, I love your site. Thanks so much. I am sharing it with all my friends. As for a place in my area for music, no clue this is a fairly rural area. But, let me please suggest Undo's resteraunt in St. Clairesville for dinner. Play on. Terri
  8. David
    August 30, 2006 at 1:55pm
    Hey, I'm definitely agreeing with the Cleveland people. I suggest coming to Case Western Reserve University campus in University Circle. We're right next to the Cleveland Institutes of Music and Art too.
  9. Stephen Dennison
    August 30, 2006 at 10:27pm
    After Randy Newman "immortalized" Cleveland in song, to be forever known as the city whose river caught on fire, Pandora really could help us out here ... I'm sure there are hundreds of Cleveland "genes" in the Genome project already. Despite living in the Bay area now, my musical soul will always call Cleveland home ... stop by and you won't be disappointed ... Ian Hunter was spot on ... Cleveland ROCKS !
  10. Stefan
    August 31, 2006 at 1:59pm
    Hey, you and your team are doing a great job getting out there and getting all kinds of diffrent music, thats what i like to see, most online radio or radio-players only play what they want you to hear and your all about what we want to hear keep it up! Oh one more thing everybody left out Dayton Ohio! On the way to cinci you should stop by 5th street, its an old historic part called Oregon Distrist. Pretty good local scene. THANKS

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )