Update – The Columbus town hall is set! Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday, October 16th, 2006 at 7pm
WHERE: Milo Arts
617 East Third Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with “Columbus” in the subject line. Hope to see you there!
I’m currently planning an itinerary for my first tour stop in Ohio. Come mid-October, I’ll be stopping in Columbus for a town hall meeting (tentatively at the Milo Arts studios), and would love the opportunity to meet Pandora student listeners at nearby Ohio State University. If you have any suggestions for appropriate venues on this or other college campuses (we’re open to all suggestions!), whether at a music class or in the student union, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Love spending time with students.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Viet
    August 10, 2006 at 11:44am
    CINCINNNATI!!! Awesome venues in cincy are The Southgate House, Alchemize, The Mad Hatter, Bogarts, Madison Theater, and Taft Theatre.
  2. kevin
    August 10, 2006 at 5:40pm
    you should check out cleveland, the birthplace of rock, then head through toledo and check out detroit, and if you have a chance swing by ann arbor and see what people like at university of michigan
  3. selin
    August 10, 2006 at 8:47pm
    I second the cincinnati comment! Found out about Pandora 2 days ago and already have 10 of my friends hooked!
  4. baker
    August 11, 2006 at 6:16am
    Plenty of places in Columbus for all sizes of acts. Little Brothers, The Basement, Newport (closet venue to campus!) and Alrosa Villa for those great small venues (by small, I mean bands that sound great in a closed area). The LC is indoor/outdoor, very accomodating so a show can happen outside if it's nice, or moved indoors. Germaine Amphitheatre is a large outdoor venue with two stages - this is where Ozzfest plays, as well as acts that draw a larger-then-average crowd, need two stages, or the artist loves a large outdoor area. ValueCity Arena is a huge indoor venue - NIN played their the last time on tour. Of course, there's more - Vets Memorial, a medium theatre venue (A Perfect Circle played there on their first tour) and the Arena District, where System Of A Down, Korn, and a number of other musicians have played. When Kanye West came in town, they ordered a huge amount of wings from BW3's on campus. Raising Cane's gets love from Motley Crue. I can't leave out a number of pizza places either - Flying Pizza, Adriatico's, Planks, Steubenville... Tons of venues, tons of food, and home to the Buckeyes.
  5. Olivia
    August 14, 2006 at 7:39am
    Cincinnati would be awesome! My friends and I are all hooked on Pandora. We'd love to come.
  6. Ryan
    August 14, 2006 at 8:04am
    Be sure to check these guys out: www.jadedera.com
  7. Peter Pants
    August 15, 2006 at 11:58am
    Dear Pandora, Thanks for planning a visit to the home of the Buckeyes. If you walk along High Street or the Oval you get countless flyers for bands to go see, and I've even been asked to sample some bands songs on their iPod. Your best place to congregate on Campus is going to be the Oval or Mirror Lake. Some favorite bands in my circle are The Format, Kasabian, Radiohead, Athlete, Ben Harper, Kings of Leon. Some smaller acts I follow are 2 Skinny Dorks and G. Love.
  8. Corey Gray
    August 16, 2006 at 8:22am
    The researchers seem to be deficient in 'Detroit' bands of the '70s. Could we get some of that very influential genre included please.
  9. Homer
    August 16, 2006 at 11:23am
    Hey guys- What can I say except that you knocked my socks off. I haven't been able to find many (make that ANY) websites that offer such an array of outstanding big band music and singers. I'm not very near Columbus but Cleveland is within easy reach and would love to get with you and your people. Thanks again
  10. Christina
    August 18, 2006 at 2:04pm
    I am also from Cincinnati. I would love to see the MGP in Cincy. This is my first time to Pandora...and I have fallen in love. I am an avid music listener...with an ear for all kinds of music. I am also a musician. Pandora is truly something awesome! I've heard songs that I've never heard, as well as artists that I haven't heard, that I need to follow up on! I have been truly entertained today, and I will continue to come back, day after day!

Reply to Ryan Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )