In our ongoing effort to continue expanding the Music Genome Project, CCM is now live on Pandora! Over the past year we’ve received a lot of requests for this, and we’re very pleased to finally bring this collection to its many fans. Although we’ve had a small number of CCM artists for a while, what we’ve done in addition to massively expanding the selection, is added a playlist feature that creates CCM-only playlists when launched from a CCM song, or an artist whose work is overwhelmingly CCM. That is the unambiguous desire of our listeners.
So pick your favorite artist/song and give it a spin – we have all sorts of CCM; rock, gospel, hip-hop, acoustic, country, bluegrass, pop, you name it… And, as always, don’t be shy about letting us know what you think.
Enjoy!
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Mertseger
    February 17, 2008 at 9:08pm
    This feature is another step in the right direction, but I do wish that you could leverage such features to create filters in a much more general fashion than the ad hoc way you have done for CCM and Holiday. I have stations that I'd love to limit to female vocals or humorous lyrics, and that is impossible right now. (Oddly less relevant to this discussion is the music of the small genre of Pagan recording artists - station-search for "Pagan Pride" to find my station and related stations on the topic. I'm generally satisfied with the station as it stands, and have no problem with the fact that there are a few explicitly Christian, Hindu and Buddhist tracks which play on it.) I'm sorry I failed to make the Oakland meet on the 7th - I had the stomach flu and it did not seem prudent to go out that night. Keep up the great work.
  2. not someone else
    February 19, 2008 at 12:04am
    Nice. I do have a weakness for Joy Electric, maybe there's more like them. Seconding the suggestion for a pagan option, though. There aren't that few, if something like this exists: http://www.paganradio.net/index.php
  3. linkfeads
    February 19, 2008 at 7:07am
    My only wish is that pandora made across the pond so i could use this great feature!!!
  4. BLDawley
    February 19, 2008 at 11:59am
    Christian music is not a style of music. I understand if you set up a gospel section (that's a style) but most CCM is knockoff music of what's already been done in secular music (secular music being music for the sake of making music). there's no new ground there or, in my opinion, reason to create a genre. I guess I just don't want to be making a station that has Pedro the Lion in it or Sufjan Stevens and all of a sudden Petra and 2nd Chapter of Acts sneaks in because they happen to have the same message. or i'm making a station with R.E.M. and U2 and I get Adam Again and The Choir because they sound similar. I mean, how do you differentiate that?
  5. Freespirit
    February 20, 2008 at 1:28pm
    Everything kaqitsune said. Thank You. As for all the negativity, too bad, God never changes! Pray you do. Pandora is awsome!
  6. Tim Westergren
    February 22, 2008 at 12:50pm
    Apologies for the very belated response here. I'll try to address the many points raised. As always we appreciate the feedback. John Dill - fair question. If there was listener demand, and the genre represented a real addressable catalogue large enough to make for Pandora style stations... we'd most definitely do it. If you launch a station with a non-CCM song, you won't hear any. This is really the overwhelming preference of our listeners. Kagitsune - to make a hybrid station pick a secular song by the CCM artist, and a CCM song. That station will mix it up. BLDawley - I go back again to the appetite of listeners. This really reflect a common desire of folks who like CCM. Our CCM delineation is in the lyrical message. Thanks all. Tim (Founder)
  7. Tim Tobin
    February 23, 2008 at 8:10pm
    Stranger than fiction? No doubt. Discovered Pandora while seeking audio of Larry Norman's "The Rock That Doesn't Roll." (my wife & I are planning nontraditional funeral services.)- Go figure... - Tim Tobin
  8. kris Thomson
    February 25, 2008 at 12:05pm
    The music is great I can put on a quick mix as soon as I get to work and know I am only going to hear my kind of ecclectic mix. But some times like today the songs seem to be broken up or having trouble playing through. Not often but sometimes, what causes that?
  9. Lucia @ Pandora
    February 25, 2008 at 1:11pm
    Hi Kris - I'll have our Support team email you. Thanks, Lucia
  10. Margie
    March 04, 2008 at 6:32pm
    I'm really glad that you guys are adding more Contemporary Christian music. I was one of the ones who emailed and asked, thanks for listening! And to the people who asked to exclude it...just click the thumbs down sign, just you would to any song you didn't like...no big deal.