Much to our chagrin, on the heels of our being forced to block virtually our entire international listening audience, we now have to add Canada to the list (beginning May 16th). We had been hopeful that the licensing situation with our Northern friends might have some hope of imminent resolution. However, after a tough week, and in the wake of the substantial attention the blocking has clearly brought to this issue, it’s been made clear to us that we cannot continue streaming into Canada.
No need to reiterate just how difficult this is. It’s just a terrible thing for music that there’s not even a licensing structure available that would allow a webcaster to stream legally outside the U.S.
I’ll reiterate our commitment to fighting as hard as we can to fix this absurd problem – we only hope that reform will come soon so that we can get back to the business of listening and discovery.
My sincerest apologies.
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Some guy
    May 14, 2007 at 4:22pm
    Well that sux.
  2. mad
    May 14, 2007 at 4:28pm
    Sigh. It just had to happen now, doesn't it? Well, if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.
  3. Petrina
    May 14, 2007 at 4:31pm
    That is really bad news...i rather enjoyed listening to Pandora...it will be a great loss to me...
  4. Graham
    May 14, 2007 at 4:35pm
    :'( Work is going to be a lot more boring now.....
  5. Ilya Varaev
    May 14, 2007 at 4:37pm
    Extremely disappointing indeed. Well, thanks for being with us for a while - we liked Pandora a lot! Canuck
  6. Jordan Wan
    May 14, 2007 at 4:38pm
    That's too bad. I really enjoyed listening to Pandora and so I've told many people about it - they're all hooked... but they are all also from within Canada. Anyway. Good luck on resolving this - however you might do it. There really isn't an alternative to Pandora... there just isn't anything like it. This is such a shame. I discovered so much from Pandora and I've baught more music because of it. Thanks for everything while it lasted.
  7. roch monette
    May 14, 2007 at 4:43pm
    I've never seen anything like Pandora before now, very sad to see it go. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done from this end to bring you guys back.
  8. bobki
    May 14, 2007 at 4:43pm
    Is there anything a Canuk can do ? Is it one of our Governments regulations ? I can't quite figure what's going on. Will you guys be trying to get us back. Can we help ?
  9. SadNews
    May 14, 2007 at 4:46pm
    What! I honestly shed a tear when I read the email. Im so disappointed that Canada wont be able to use Pandora. Fix this!!!!
  10. Rebecca
    May 14, 2007 at 4:50pm
    This sucks hardcore. Why don't you all just move to Canada and stream from here so that you don't have problems with the rediculous laws in your country? We're pretty leneient about that kind of thing. I'll even let you use my living room for a while until you find the digs to move in to. Seriously guys, think about it: State sponsored health care, no George Bush, Molson's and Hockey, hell I'd even be willing to do a bit of cooking if that sounds enticing to you. Seriously sorry to see you go... thanks for the great music. Becks