This coming Monday, I’ll be hosting a meetup on the UC Berkeley campus, just a few miles away from our offices in Oakland! Looking forward to meeting Pandora users and musicians from the East Bay, and hearing what they have to say about current trends in music. If you’re in the area, please stop by! Full details are below.
cal_logo.jpg
Details
When: Monday, December 4th, 2006 at 7:00 pm
Where: Heller Lounge, MLK Student Union Building, UC Berkeley
Hope to see you there!
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Mike N.
    December 05, 2006 at 9:51am
    Tim, et al, Had a great time last night! Hear some great ideas and feedback. Interesting to see the wide demographics of the Pandora user-base. The ws a guest last night who was interested in some way to open Pandora and her home page (the NY Times) at the same time. This is very doable in Firefox and I have set it up myself today. You can get the details here... Launch Firefox with Multiple Tabbed Homepages > http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=2918 < Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! Happy Holidaze! MN
  2. Mertseger
    December 05, 2006 at 9:58am
    I've blogged last night's event at http://mertseger.blogspot.com/2006/12/pandora-town-hall-uc-berkely-dec-4-2006.html . As I mentioned last night, the old pandora-forum has died but Pandora Stations is still going strong at http://pandorastations.crispynews.com/: all are welcome to share your stations there and see what other people are listening to. For the person that was intersted in the various tools that have been inspried by Pandora, the guy who admnis Pandora Stations has rounded them up at his blog: http://pandorastations.blogspot.com/2006/10/pandora-round-up.html .
  3. Tamer Ahmed
    December 05, 2006 at 11:19am
    Hello Tom, Let me till you that I heard about your Music genome project today and since then I had been so excited about it. It is really one of the best ideas I ever heard. I'm based in Egypt but I found it a very nice idea on both the technical and musical levels. As a music fan it is very nice to have my own channel selection and getting it sorted through software is even better. Finally I want to comment about your international spreading. I lived in USA for two years and I know that it is a huge market with no other country in thw world similar to those economical gears but I must say that for sure you will need to go International as soon as possible. I think the best way to do that is to create a network of people who believe in what you do and who are welling to help to localize the idea each with his own music. In each culture you will need the same expert musicians who understand what you do and have the taste of their own music. Finally you can consider me a great fan for your idea and someone who is welling to help when you decide to go for the arabic music which is by the way a very enriched music heared by about 400 Millions in the arab world and more than 50 Millions outside it.
  4. Ylva
    December 05, 2006 at 4:00pm
    What a great site! I'm chocked - and stonned - after all good tips and great music that I've been listening to. Keep up your wonderful work - you'll make a great difference! All my love, Ylva
  5. pabform
    December 05, 2006 at 5:12pm
    Hay Tim, how's gone here?
  6. Tim
    December 05, 2006 at 7:54pm
    Mertseger, Thank for posting the links to my blog and Pandora Stations sharing site. Tim (not founder)
  7. Gyami
    December 05, 2006 at 8:42pm
    Hi Tim, I missed the Berkeley gathering. Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude to you for founding this project. I've been recommending it to everyone who still doesn't know about it. I hope you can also expand your international reach, in terms of both listeners and music included. Let listeners like us know, if you need our help. Gami
  8. REGINALD CANNADY
    December 06, 2006 at 11:10am
    JULIE WAS LISTING TO YOUR HIP HOP STATION THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL, HOLLA BACK
  9. Bennie Henderson
    December 11, 2006 at 12:00pm
    I'm a new listner to the pandora family. What a great idea to come up with your own radiio listening station. I want to know how can I get my wife's CD on the Pandora station. Her name is Debra Henderson, she's with the Alpha & Ministries label. This is her second release and is expected to do well in the Gospel arena. Thanks for your promp respond.
  10. Bennie Henderson