2M iPhones.png
At 10:04am this morning we hit 2,000,000 registered iPhone Pandora users!
We’re hearing all sorts of wonderful feedback from listeners who are using it on their commute, jogging with it, plugging it into home audio systems…you name it. And as usual, offering all sorts of great feedback and suggestions. It’s thrilling for us to see the broader vision for Pandora take shape. Our hearty thanks for your continued support and input.
It also makes us very happy to know that the 60,000+ artists in our collection are now getting played on car radios all across the country. Times they are a changin’ …
Thanks also to the iPhone and iTunes teams at Apple who have been, and continue to be, so helpful and supportive.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. George
    December 15, 2008 at 8:15pm
    blackberry storm on Vz PULLLEEEESSEEEE!
  2. Alex
    December 15, 2008 at 8:59pm
    My only question is why have you not expanded out into the Blackberry world. Many of us are starving from the lack of music options on our BBs. And especially since the BB came out with the Storm, it is clear that BB will be moving towards more music-friendly hardware/software.
  3. tim steinruck
    December 17, 2008 at 7:36am
    I like everything that is on Pandora, but you should add the crush song by David Archela.
  4. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 17, 2008 at 10:01am
    Good morning folks, @JT--These could be possible from a tech POV but Apple prohibits 3rd party apps from running simultaneously with primary functions or interacting with their services. Should this change, we'd likely jump on the chance to exploit these features but for now, that is the case. @tim steinruck--We've TOTALLY got "Crush" by David Archuleta. Enjoy! -A
  5. Mike Dowling
    December 24, 2008 at 10:48am
    Wow! I always thought I was one in a million...but I guess now I'm one in two million. Congratulations for creating the killer Iphone app, and thank you for being my companion at work, at home, in my car, and on my bicycle.
  6. Arlene
    December 25, 2008 at 10:20pm
    Thank you so much for your great music. I just love the way I can put in an artist or song & get terrific music back. I have sent your site to all my e-mail buddies about it. At least 1/2 of them use it now also, for many different things. Once again!! Thanks!! P.S. You have a wide variety of Holiday music which I listen to all year long! It keeps my spirits up!
  7. JR
    December 26, 2008 at 10:51am
    You guys are off the charts!! I am most impressed by the quality of people in your organization and your dedication to quality over quantity! All I ask is you kindly send me an email when y'all decide to go public!! Pandora has the brand-name potential of becoming commonized (eg Bandaid, Google, Xerox)!! Like JT, I have a few questions and ideas: When I use my iPhone, it seems that I do not get the same "randomization" of song selection as I do on my computer. For example, on the iPhone, my hard rock station will play already-ranked songs over...and over...and over...and over. Hence, adding the "Don't Play for a Month" feature would make me, and many others, very happy. (Also, on iPhone Pandora, the ability to move songs to other stations would be nice.) But, when I come home and turn on the same station on Pandora on the computer, I don't have the repetitiveness issue; and, in fact, Pandora on the computer seems to randomize the song-selection extremely well. What gives? Maybe it's just that particular iPhone station--my alternative station doesn't have this issue--but several of my iPhone stations do. At any rate, you guys keep fighting the good fight and I am looking forward to putting money in your pockets one day soon!
  8. Ian Ellison, Pandora Listener Support
    December 26, 2008 at 2:54pm
    @mike @arlene Thanks, folks. It really means a lot to us to hear such positive feedback! @jr No plans for going public yet. We're very protective of Pandora, and what it's come to mean to listeners and musicians. But thanks for the vote of confidence! As for the issue you describe, we're always tweaking our playlist algorithms. Thanks for the helpful feedback. In the meantime, yes, what you're experiencing is related to the station, not the iPhone. You get the exact same playlist on either platform. For the affected station, try adding variety (you can do that by going to the iPhone's Station Page-- from the upper left when listening to music-- then touching "Edit," then touching the name of the station). You can also choose to listen to that station on your computer for an hour or two to give you a chance to put some of those songs to sleep. We're eventually hoping to have the playlists tuned so well that that feature isn't such a necessity.
  9. Lisa Marie Coppoletta
    December 26, 2008 at 5:11pm
    ...one of the reasons of why/how i could justify the ipod purchase was PANDORA . . . PANDORA RULES AND IS MY ONLY RADIO STATION! BIG PROPS TO PANDORA!
  10. Matt
    December 26, 2008 at 10:56pm
    Fantastic application. Received an iTouch for christmas, stumbled across this app, one of the first ones I tried installing. I could not be more impressed or pleased. Great Work!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )