Over the past few years we’ve heard a growing chorus of listeners asking about our plans for bringing Pandora into the car. Many of you are likely plugging your smartphones into an aux jack to get Pandora through your car speakers already, but we know that the long term solution is something more seamlessly integrated with the vehicle.

To that end, for several years now we’ve had an extensive engineering and business effort underway to bring Pandora into vehicle dashboards – and it’s now starting to bear fruit, with Pandora-enabled cars and trucks actually hitting the showrooms.

We’re currently partnered with 11 of the world’s most well-known automotive brands and many aftermarket manufacturers and have had a steady stream of vehicle launches over the last few months. We thought it would be useful to pull together a list of the car companies and car audio manufacturers whose products support Pandora…just in case you’re in the market for a new ride or you’re retrofitting your sound system.

• BMW
  • Toyota
  • Alpine Electronics
  • JVC
  • Kenwood
  • Pioneer
  • Sony

These auto integrations rely on the Pandora application that you have running on your smartphone today. When you hook up your phone with your car and launch Pandora, the popular controls of the Pandora service – like station selection and thumbs feedback – shift into the vehicle dashboard so you don’t have to fiddle with your phone to enjoy and interact with Pandora while driving. That way, as our auto partners have been known to say, you can “keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road” while enjoying your Pandora stations.

We’ll do our best to keep listeners informed of the latest automotive launches. Our ambition is to have Pandora built into every model of every car – making personalized radio just as ubiquitous and easy to use as traditional broadcast radio. There’s much more to come.

I do hope you have the opportunity to enjoy personalized radio in the car. It’s a simple, yet transformational experience!

Comments

1. Jason Orive
    October 04, 2011 at 4:24pm
    I've been having the same problems with my pandora. Keeps looping through songs without playing them when an ad comes up or I change the station. The new pandora looks nice, but what are the good looks worth if it doesn't work right? PLEASE FIX THIS PANDORA. UNTIL THEN I'D RATHER LISTEN TO MY ITUNES
  2. Jason Orive
    October 04, 2011 at 4:34pm
    I've had the same problems. After an ad comes up or after I change the station it just goes in a loop without actually playing the songs. The new Pandora looks nice, but what are the good looks worth if it doesn't even play the music you want. I prefer to listen to Pandora, but if it's not going to work, I'd rather listen to iTunes. PLEASE FIX PANDORA
  3. John M
    October 05, 2011 at 9:10am
    I'm wondering if the subscription service will remember my custom shuffle settings after logout. The old Pandora used to do this...and the new Pandora doesn't. It's very tiresome, and seems completely unnecessary, to have to reset "My Shuffle" for every session. Why not add an option to clear all the checks in the boxes and select only the stations I want to listen too? Manually clearing dozens of stations so I can create My Shuffle every time I log in seems ridiculous
  4. Patricia
    October 05, 2011 at 6:46pm
    The new pandora looks good but it skips songs and the advertising ads overlap with the songs. It takes from the enjoyment of the music. Just trying to give you some feedback on your new project:)
  5. Dave
    October 05, 2011 at 9:00pm
    Just like Andrea above, I too never had an issue until now. New format will equal some new bugs. I get it and imagine you guys have your hands full, but trust your list is getting shorter and shorter day by day. For info: in shuffle mode I can't uncheck stations. At first I can, but once the page "reloads" (with a new add) it rechecks it. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not. /dpw
  6. James
    October 06, 2011 at 7:11am
    I love Pandora.Since i found it, i never thought of an alternative.
  7. Russell Rosenberg
    October 06, 2011 at 8:07am
    CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE LAGGING ON THE NEW WEBSITE!!!!
  8. Josh
    October 06, 2011 at 1:57pm
    I listen to Pandora at work for about 40 hours a week and I love it. Unfortunately, I have to say that I really do not like the new interface. Here are some of the kinks: (1) I can't get any info on a song that I just moved to another station or became tired of(no preference change or song name even); (2) I can't access "I'm Tired," "Why" or "Move" from the top bottons; (3) it takes too long for the "I'm Tired," "Why" and "Move" menu to pop up; (4) I can't skip a song without giving it a preference from the main song display; and (5) everything is just a little too slow to respond. I also preferred seeing more than just two songs displayed at a time - I often close my work documents after a while to check on what I just heard - sometimes it displays no past songs if the last audio clip was an ad. I fully recognize these are tiny issues, but the late Mr. Jobs would tell you it is all about the details; also, I never had any of those problems on the last interface. I only provide this feedback so that Pandora will become better and succeed further! Thank you!
  9. Dave
    October 06, 2011 at 6:45pm
    The new page seems to have to much to download and struggles with slower machines. The page has so much to load when there are ads, that the music starts playing before the ad is over, I've yet to hear an ad since you put it up. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted. Ditto for the video ads. It seems there is a timing issue b/t the interface and musics streams. It is rather annoying, please fix or offer the old page as an alternative.
  10. Kronz070
    October 07, 2011 at 11:21am
    Your new slogan should be "ADS ... Nothing but ADS!!" Is there a way that I can go back to paying $1 a month, so that I can hear MUSIC. I didn't mind the ads before, I understood why they were there ... but to interrupt the music to play an add/play over the music?!?! Thanks for the 8+ years of service, prior to your recent change. I'm going to give Slacker a chance ... so far so good. I'll check back every once in a while too see if you've started playing music again. Good luck ...