Over the past few years we’ve heard a growing chorus of listeners asking about our plans for bringing Pandora into the car. Many of you are likely plugging your smartphones into an aux jack to get Pandora through your car speakers already, but we know that the long term solution is something more seamlessly integrated with the vehicle.

To that end, for several years now we’ve had an extensive engineering and business effort underway to bring Pandora into vehicle dashboards – and it’s now starting to bear fruit, with Pandora-enabled cars and trucks actually hitting the showrooms.

We’re currently partnered with 11 of the world’s most well-known automotive brands and many aftermarket manufacturers and have had a steady stream of vehicle launches over the last few months. We thought it would be useful to pull together a list of the car companies and car audio manufacturers whose products support Pandora…just in case you’re in the market for a new ride or you’re retrofitting your sound system.

• BMW
  • Toyota
  • Alpine Electronics
  • JVC
  • Kenwood
  • Pioneer
  • Sony

These auto integrations rely on the Pandora application that you have running on your smartphone today. When you hook up your phone with your car and launch Pandora, the popular controls of the Pandora service – like station selection and thumbs feedback – shift into the vehicle dashboard so you don’t have to fiddle with your phone to enjoy and interact with Pandora while driving. That way, as our auto partners have been known to say, you can “keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road” while enjoying your Pandora stations.

We’ll do our best to keep listeners informed of the latest automotive launches. Our ambition is to have Pandora built into every model of every car – making personalized radio just as ubiquitous and easy to use as traditional broadcast radio. There’s much more to come.

I do hope you have the opportunity to enjoy personalized radio in the car. It’s a simple, yet transformational experience!

Comments

1. Jane
    October 01, 2011 at 10:41am
    Pandora has not been playing since 10/29, two days ago. Will it start working again?
  2. patrick yarnall
    October 01, 2011 at 8:01pm
    With Pandora working on getting into vehicle dashboards by way of the vehicle manufacturer or by audio company manufactures will Pandora still be free for those services or will Pandora charge for the service to be in your vehicles
  3. Jen
    October 02, 2011 at 5:03pm
    I am not happy with the new upgrade. The music always skips. I even purchased the upgrade, and it still skips. Bring back the old Pandora.
  4. Paul
    October 03, 2011 at 1:30am
    I like the new Pandora, except for one thing. When I want to listen to a certain station, it plays 2 or 3 songs, and then quits, and I have to choose another station. It's almost like they're forcing me to "shuffle". If I'd wanted to shuffle, I'd have clicked on it
  5. Mike Sirianno
    October 03, 2011 at 7:31am
    Pandora suddenly has stopped working for me, on any browser I use. Not sure what the problem is. I can click on any of my stations and nothing happens. Any advice or suggestions ?????
  6. Pete
    October 03, 2011 at 7:52am
    Hi, Since I can't find a customer service link anywhere to submit comments/suggestions, I'll just comment here. The new website for Pandora One is a pain. I click on an artist or album to get more info (and then usually jump to Amazon to buy if I like it enough), but it goes to the big blue website, sits there and thinks for a while, and then starts playing the station on top of the one currently playing. Can you please try to improve performance and either stop the auto-play or at least check to see if the desktop app is already playing? It's really annoying. Otherwise, keep up the great work. I just renewed for another year.
  7. eli
    October 04, 2011 at 6:34am
    since the moment i put pandora in my life it was cool my friends kept bugging me to get it so i finally did .a couple days ago as i opened the window it was super diffrent took me a day to find everything. lol this and a new time line facebook how cool.
  8. Glen
    October 04, 2011 at 7:24am
    I love pandora, let me state that first before I state this. I only wish that the Ads didn't pop up in the middle of songs. I'm fine with hearing the ads, but when they interrupt a song it completely ruins it.
  9. Andrea
    October 04, 2011 at 7:46am
    Never had issues with Pandora until the new format. Now it cuts out constantly. I even have an "excellent" wireless signal. What's up with that?
  10. Steve K
    October 04, 2011 at 2:03pm
    I love the new format but...I now seem to have a weird situation where while I'm listening to Pandora my XP File Explorer will not let me type into the address bar!! I've had the IT group look at it, and (of course) they are baffeled. But killing Pandora resolves the problem, and restarting brings the problem back!! I listen to Pandora a lot at work, but I need to DO work, and this is preventing that. PLEASE, PLEASE, take a look. Currently running XP SP3, Flash 11 (just got the latest), a mix of Office 2003 and 2007, and various engineering tools (compilers, environments, etc., Oracle development tools).